Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I don't buy into that. Use the green or get out.
Your new position as moderator kind of begs one to ask the question - is this the "official" position of Pelican Parts, or is this just Zeke?

Many of us never use the different font colors, or the emojis, or any of that kind of nonsense. In spite of that malfeasance, we don't seem to have much trouble understanding when posts like Crowbob's are meant to be sarcastic. When it's not as plainly obvious as it was in this case, it keeps things a bit more interesting when we are left wondering if someone was kidding or not.

"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 01-20-2020, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
You do not have permissi

Fellows, take a breather and ease up on the ultimate ultimatums for a second. Geesh. Hop out of the frying pan into the fire why dontcha. Or maybe PP just shuts down OT/PARF altogether. Zeke has contributed more than his fair share on this site. He is dealing with issues as well as responsibility for all. Did you expect him to not be cranky? It was one comment. And he is the boss man. Say "yes sir I'll try to do better" and get over it.

Thank you for the stories David.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Gents, nobody can offend me with his or her opinion. Milt is as solid as they come and I have the utmost respect for him. I appreciate you brother.

After all is said and done, it's just a man (me) recounting some of the crazy and bizarre tales of being a street cop in Los Angeles.

Rock on brothers and sisters!!!
67 912 (sold)
58 Karmann Ghia chopped top (traded for the 912)
Old 01-20-2020, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Information Overloader

I apologize for the distraction from your thread, David.

I feel nothing but awe and have enormous respect for anyone who does what you do.

Thank you.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

If a moderator is going to offer his opinion he should he make his role as a moderator clear. Its a fair question. There are no rules on this board, so far as I know, that require sarcasm to be posted in green.

With all due respect Zeke, you should put up or shut up. Should all sarcasm be posted in green font or not?

You want to be ban me for this for this go for it. But I think Wayne would want us to have a say. Make the rules clear and we'll follow them.

In all honesty Zeke I think you sent this thread down south with your own personal opinion.

Last edited by cairns; 01-20-2020 at 07:09 PM..
Old 01-20-2020, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

La Santa Muerte, I can hardly wait....
Nuttiness knows no boundaries

Old 01-20-2020, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Didn't read the whole thread. Similar nutty case, also in CA. Police roll up to see 2 guys laying next to each other, stoned out on who knows what. One of them was eating the other guys face off. Police ordered the guy to stop but he wouldn't. Police shot and killed the guy. The other guy, now w/o a face survived. Months later I saw a story where the guy was getting a new face.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Higgins View Post
Your new position as moderator kind of begs one to ask the question - is this the "official" position of Pelican Parts, or is this just Zeke?

Many of us never use the different font colors, or the emojis, or any of that kind of nonsense. In spite of that malfeasance, we don't seem to have much trouble understanding when posts like Crowbob's are meant to be sarcastic. When it's not as plainly obvious as it was in this case, it keeps things a bit more interesting when we are left wondering if someone was kidding or not.
I just want to clarify what I said above since, in retrospect, it looks an awful lot like a snooty challenge posed to Zeke.

I never meant it to be taken as such. To be clear, Zeke has my full support in his role as moderator. What a thankless job. Especially with guys like me hanging around.

Zeke, I owe you an apology. I'm sorry for my snarky response to your efforts at trying to keep a lid on all of this. Keep up the good work, and try not to let guys like me get you down. We all appreciate your efforts.
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 01-22-2020, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Dear Penthouse Forum
Various VWs
Old 01-23-2020, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp914 View Post
Didn't read the whole thread. Similar nutty case, also in CA. Police roll up to see 2 guys laying next to each other, stoned out on who knows what. One of them was eating the other guys face off. Police ordered the guy to stop but he wouldn't. Police shot and killed the guy. The other guy, now w/o a face survived. Months later I saw a story where the guy was getting a new face.
Are you sure that wasn't in south Florida, somewhere near Miami?
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 01-23-2020, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by cairns View Post
If a moderator is going to offer his opinion he should he make his role as a moderator clear. Its a fair question. There are no rules on this board, so far as I know, that require sarcasm to be posted in green.

With all due respect Zeke, you should put up or shut up. Should all sarcasm be posted in green font or not?

You want to be ban me for this for this go for it. But I think Wayne would want us to have a say. Make the rules clear and we'll follow them.

In all honesty Zeke I think you sent this thread down south with your own personal opinion.
Wayne is long gone from Pelican (at least as far as owner/operator status). There's a new sheriff in town.

'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 01-23-2020, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: