Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
Or to stay on topic what garage hand cleaner do you use to pre-treat dirty socks and shorts 😁 ?
Just work naked, it saves on laundry.

1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 06-29-2020, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
Cymru am Byth

Kresto user here.
2005 Lexus GX470 Offroader
Julian Williams
Old 06-29-2020, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Registered

The original for 55 years.

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it is vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible"
Old 06-29-2020, 07:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Iíve used everything to clean my hands after working on the cars. Unfortunately, the worst was gasoline, lacquer thinner, brake cleaner, etc. Now, if I get any of that on my hands, I get a really bad case of contact dermatitis. Swollen hands, fingers, etc. terrible itching. Not too mention itís not good for the nervous system.

Now itís nitrile gloves and Dawn dish soap.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Banned

Garage
I use hot & sour soup
Old 06-29-2020, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc View Post
My parents' company makes a hand soap with cornmeal for grit... about the best stuff I've ever tried. If anyone wants a sample, PM me your address.

Graham sent me a can of his cornmeal handsoap and I have to say it works. I haven't used it on car type greasy hands, but I get dirt, mud, and grass stains on my hands from working around the garden and it takes it right off. It feels gritty at first but softens as you wash and gets a kind of lotion texture to it. It's good stuff.

There are instructions on how to wash your hands on the can, but no instructions about how to get the can open. There are little round indentations on the top of the can. I finally figured out you just poke them out with a nail.

Old 08-02-2020, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Registered

Update: So I had a $5.00 coupon for a local FLAPS and used it to buy a half gallon jug of Gojo orange with pumice . Have used it a couple of times and it's ok but I will try others after this one is gone. Not saying it doesn't work just want to try what's out there .
Old 08-02-2020, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
Registered

Snap on Nitro Gold with fibril is the best I have used. Cleans very well and quickly plus it doesn’t dry out my hands. It also doesn’t have or leave a smell Which I appreciate.

Last edited by LJ851; 08-02-2020 at 09:27 AM..
Old 08-02-2020, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)
Banned

Garage
BTW, your wife's Cold Cream will work just great...
Old 08-02-2020, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
Update: So I had a $5.00 coupon for a local FLAPS and used it to buy a half gallon jug of Gojo orange with pumice . Have used it a couple of times and it's ok but I will try others after this one is gone. Not saying it doesn't work just want to try what's out there .
I use it because my wife likes the smell.
Old 08-02-2020, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
White cotton gloves, like the Honda F1 mechanics used to.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)
abides.

Garage
Patrick, I'm glad you like it.
I considered including a note regarding opening the can, but assumed you'd figure it out. A nail is indeed the preferred method
(I'll suggest adding a note to the label, though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
Graham sent me a can of his cornmeal handsoap and I have to say it works. I haven't used it on car type greasy hands, but I get dirt, mud, and grass stains on my hands from working around the garden and it takes it right off. It feels gritty at first but softens as you wash and gets a kind of lotion texture to it. It's good stuff.

There are instructions on how to wash your hands on the can, but no instructions about how to get the can open. There are little round indentations on the top of the can. I finally figured out you just poke them out with a nail.

Old 08-05-2020, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc View Post
Patrick, I'm glad you like it.
I considered including a note regarding opening the can, but assumed you'd figure it out. A nail is indeed the preferred method
(I'll suggest adding a note to the label, though)
I kept thinking there were two discs with holes in them and you screwed the top disc around to line up the holes.
I did eventually figure it out, but I did a lot of grumbling ("Ive been washing my hands for 65 years I don't need instructions for that, but how the hell am I supposed to get this damn can open?")
Old 08-05-2020, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
King Broinyo

Old 08-06-2020, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: