Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
G'day!

Garage
Thumbs up September starts tomorrow......

This year has both flown by....and dragged on and on.

Can't say I've ever said that about previous years.

Staying positive as always.....cooler weather and lower humidity on the way.

College football.

Some good surf and less crowds.

Election will be fun.

And best of all.....hanging with my mates and kicking it around here on PPOT!

Old 08-31-2020, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

It seems to have been at least a year ago that the pandemic started.

As far as football...some conferences are playing, but the big ones aren't (Big 10)
Old 08-31-2020, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
We Were Always Free

Since I started living in the South and Mid Atlantic, September 1st is my favorite day, a signal that high humidity and temps are nearing an end.

Be well, Baz.

“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." – Winston Churchill
Old 08-31-2020, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I heard the Big 10 is considering starting after Thanksgiving..... anyone else hear that.

Baz, I am torn as I like the warm weather but fall is great here in Colorado.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
Since I started living in the South and Mid Atlantic, September 1st is my favorite day, a signal that high humidity and temps are nearing an end.

Be well, Baz.
Thank you.....and you as well, Paul!

We're about a month behind you in climate so Oct. 1 for us. September is just another summer month. Although - it does get us closer to some less oppressive conditions!
Old 08-31-2020, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911boost View Post
I heard the Big 10 is considering starting after Thanksgiving..... anyone else hear that.

Baz, I am torn as I like the warm weather but fall is great here in Colorado.
Warm is OK.

What we get is more like a furnace and humidity so high you start sweating the second you make any kind of motion at all. Lift your arm to check the time....boom...sweat starts pouring out......lol.....

Regarding the Big 10 - don't know but if I was a school in that conference I would be fuming at that decision not to play which was made way too early. I hope they do get to play.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

^^^ There are a lot of upset fans, player, and player families. Especially after the articles of the Big 10 Commissioner's (Kevin Warren) son playing in a conference that was starting at the normal time.

Last edited by stevej37; 08-31-2020 at 08:22 AM..
Old 08-31-2020, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Like I said before, no matter what happens in the world, as you get older life goes by like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes. I'm wishing you all the best of luck & health, plus hoping the coming year will be a measurable improvement on this one.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

[QUOTE=Evans, Marv;11008015]Like I said before, no matter what happens in the world, as you get older life goes by like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.

Shhh...you are are going to cause another tp shortage.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

downside of the coming late daylight..
she's got to go to work /coming home..
she can't run with me and the dogs..
I'm done..she has another 2 years...

Rika
Old 08-31-2020, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post

Be well, Baz.
Yep, I associate the change with Labor day. I'm looking forward to morning temps in the 70s.

There's a very tall building (AIG) out of my north facing window with an enormous American flag on the roof. When that flag changes the direction that it blows consistently, I know we are headed in the right direction.

Not quite my view (from the west vs south) or picture, but that's the building/flag.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 08-31-2020, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Warm is OK.

What we get is more like a furnace and humidity so high you start sweating the second you make any kind of motion at all. Lift your arm to check the time....boom...sweat starts pouring out......lol.....

Regarding the Big 10 - don't know but if I was a school in that conference I would be fuming at that decision not to play which was made way too early. I hope they do get to play.
At least you usually have a pretty consistent breeze off the Atlantic. It could be a lot worse.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Used User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans, Marv View Post
Like I said before, no matter what happens in the world, as you get older life goes by like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes. I'm wishing you all the best of luck & health, plus hoping the coming year will be a measurable improvement on this one.
Depends. The situation this year has made days all the same, weekends are weekdays it seems. However, if you tend to work 7 days a week like I do, time doesn't fly by for me for some strange reason.

My projects do differ greatly from each other so that might be it. When you spend 2 years putting together a car, that time can seem to have gone in a short time once you're on the road. Too much of the same thing even though the car requires many different aspects and even areas of expertise.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
I see you

Nights here are finally into the low 60's.

“There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence.”
Old 08-31-2020, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

52 here for yesterday low
Old 08-31-2020, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Our lows have mostly been 79-82 for the past 2 or 3 months. I'm looking forward to lows in the mid 70s.

Old 08-31-2020, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: