Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

ah..
no different than south TX..
if you're still here ..you love it....
btw.. the T-roof u did for me yr's ago..
it still shines and is water tight.....

Rika

Old 09-08-2020, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcsine View Post
Been living here for most of my adult life. My take home messages:

1. Really great mountain biking, skiing, hiking, kayaking, boating, etc. No reason to be here unless you take advantage of at least some of these.

2. Lots of breweries. Last I looked there are 14 micros.

3. Stupid overpriced real estate. Bordering on the 'locals cannot afford to live here'.

4. Little industry or any form of economic base beyond the University and Canadian shoppers.

5. Getting bigger and with the influx of newbies B'ham is loosing some of its charm.

6. July, August and Sept are the 'nice' months. The other 9 you can expect rain and overcast skies. If you want green trees, you gotta live with the rain. Snow may or may not happen.

7. Access to big cities is pretty easy. Seattle is 90 mins south and Vancouver about 60 min north.

In short its a nice place to live but because of that lots of people want to live here. Kind of a Catch 22.
thanks for this. i'll ride my motorcycle out this spring to suss it out.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash View Post
i'll improve it. plant stuff..clean up.
I understand bamboo grows fairly quick and easily!

'83 SC Targa - since 5/5/2001
'06 911 S Aerokit - from 5/2/2016 to 11/14/2018
Old 09-08-2020, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
thanks for this. i'll ride my motorcycle out this spring to suss it out.
Let me know when. We can meet and discuss this and more in much more detail and maybe get a ride in at Galbraith.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Let me know when. We can meet and discuss this and more in much more detail and maybe get a ride in at Galbraith.

okay!! noted.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
googled it!! makes me want to drive my truck and bring my MTB bike!!
Old 09-08-2020, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
googled it!! makes me want to drive my truck and bring my MTB bike!!
Galby is the BOMB! You would not be disappointed. Your choice on getting here. Transition does daily rentals and I have enough friends that we can borrow a ride if you want.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Registered

it's great.
and close to Vancouver BC. : )
the pnw winters can take a bit to get used to - it is a damp cold.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered

Where else can you do this?

https://skitosea.com/about

or this

Old 09-09-2020, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Flat Six

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by creaturecat View Post
it's great.
and close to Vancouver BC. : )
the pnw winters can take a bit to get used to - it is a damp cold.
Biggest adjustment for me the first year was how short the days are during the winter . . . go to work in the dark, come home it's dark. Man, that was rough -- I'd never lived that far north before. Summer, on the other hand, darn near made up for it. Could play 36 holes of golf (54 if we were moving) easy . . . .
Old 09-10-2020, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Feelin' Solexy

It's a pretty nice corner of the world, the first time I ever visited Bellingham was on the RSVP (ride from Seattle to Vancouver and Party) cycling event where it is the end of the first day... you ride in on Chuckanut (huffing and puffing because there is a decent amount of climb) and I'll just say pictures cannot do it justice. Really breathtaking, and that's coming from a guy who already lives in the PNW and spends a lot of time outdoors mountaineering, backpacking, fishing etc.

Has a small town feel, and is a college town with all of the associated pros and cons.
1938 Buick Special model 41, 1963 Solex 2200, 1973 Vespa Primavera 125, 1974 Vespa Rally 200, 1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Westfalia, 1989 VW Doka Tristar, 1997 Boston Whaler Dauntless, 2008 Mini Cooper S, 2010 Mazda CX-9 - in the stable
1989 Porsche 944, 1973 VW Beetle - gone but not forgotten
Old 09-10-2020, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
My sister lives there and I've visited many times. I'm not a PNW person and hate overcast skies, rain and cold weather. But it's ok to visit and there is a direct flight to their tiny airport from Phoenix/Mesa. My sister had a pretty brutal commute to Everett for years, got laid off and then found a job in B'ham, got laid off, found another job in B'ham, got laid off and now she's having a tough time finding another job. I would not want to move there and then start to look for a job.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
My sister lives there and I've visited many times. I'm not a PNW person and hate overcast skies, rain and cold weather. But it's ok to visit and there is a direct flight to their tiny airport from Phoenix/Mesa. My sister had a pretty brutal commute to Everett for years, got laid off and then found a job in B'ham, got laid off, found another job in B'ham, got laid off and now she's having a tough time finding another job. I would not want to move there and then start to look for a job.
nah..i would move when retired.

faack work.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBAtarga View Post
I understand bamboo grows fairly quick and easily!
dude..just saw this. hahhaha.. you suck.

Old 09-11-2020, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: