Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

How important is going out to eat to you ?

We used to eat out a lot. I have now, eaten out once in the last 7 months. I don't really miss it much.

I don't see us eating out as often if things ever go back to normal .
Has this changed your habits ?

1976 930( peru red usa) ,1980 euro sc, 1974 914. 1997 M3, , 2004 Duramax 3500 quad cab dually . 2004 2500 HD Gas 1989 Yamaha xt 350. 2004 Turbo Pepperwagon, 1976 Chevrolet C 60 Rollback towtruck. 2006 x3 a few old tractors, and tons of tools
Old 10-02-2020, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
We have young kids, so eating out was never high on our list of family activities. I think I've eaten out maybe twice during this whole pandemic. Don't seem to miss it, though I know Mrs. Noah certainly misses the opportunity for date nights--sometimes it's nice just to get away from the kids for a couple hours. Once in awhile, our extended family would go out for a family dinner on a birthday, though. Obviously we can't do that now. But from a day-to-day perspective, unless this pandemic lasts for another 10 years and the kids are all grown up by the time we're back to "normal," I still don't see us going out to eat that often once it's over.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Parrothead member

I enjoy going out to eat, Like a change in scenery once in a while. Going out during this covid crap , with all the restrictions and all, is not enjoyable.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

To me it's a case of catching up with friends. So yes, I like to eat out and a few drinks.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Several times we have had gone out to eat with friends or family, but we used to go out once a week (maybe twice), now it's about once a month since March.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Pretty important.

My wife and I go out to eat on Friday night virtually every Friday since the days we were dating 30 years ago.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 10-02-2020, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Danned

Garage
medium rare

parking lot or take-out solves some problems, but not others
Old 10-02-2020, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfredracing View Post
We used to eat out a lot. I have now, eaten out once in the last 7 months. I don't really miss it much.

I don't see us eating out as often if things ever go back to normal .
Has this changed your habits ?
We recognized how bad restaurant food really is.
We would eat out 2-3 times a week, mostly for convenience. I swapped a little of the commute for a more time in the kitchen and am happier for it.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
914-6Werkshop

Not eating out at all, other than a bit of take out. Neither my wife or I would feel comfortable eating in a restaurant during the pandemic.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Really high on my list. Number one, for entertainment outside the home.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Years ago, when we were young(er) we went out several time a week. Then we got married and we started cooking at home. It got to the point that we would go out and order something and she would say, "I can make this at home. And better" And she did. Now when we go out it's hard to decide what to order since we cook just about everything. And better. So we now only go out mostly for things we really haven't made or can't make, which is very little, think sushi. There's a sushi restaurant in town that has a great happy hour. Not all sushi, a pretty good assortment for happy hour. $1 oysters, most apps are $4 and micro brew's for $4. Haven't been out though since March. Something about wearing the face mask and just being too close to people we don't know. Not enjoyable. We just got back from Cape Cod and didn't go out to eat once. Stayed at Crows Nest in North Truro in the Captains quarters and just went to the local fish markets and cooked our own food.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
One other thing I've noticed, even more during this pandemic. When doing take out orders, there's almost always something wrong. There's always one missing burger or fries or whatnot. There's never an extra dessert or drink. Just a missing one.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Dog-faced pony soldier

Garage
Not at all. Service pretty much stinks and I get tired of paying so much for “meh”.

For a special occasion sure. Routine? Nope.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Today was my first dine out since March. Yes, 4 of my coworkers and I went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch and we sat outside on the patio. We were the only patrons there however, many people came and got take out. It was nice to sit and chat outside of the office.
'16 BMW R Nine T, '17 BMW G310R, '21 BMW R1250RS
Old 10-02-2020, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

I eat out a couple of times a week. Every Wednesday a group of us meet up and sit at the bar. The group is about 1/3 smaller than pre covid. We have a great time. The wait staff loves us. We only have to wear a mask to the bar stool and then it can be removed.

A month or so ago they changed the glasses that margaritas were served in. They knew the girls in our group weren't going to be happy so they saved a few of the old glasses and only use them for the girls in our group. All other customers get the slightly smaller new glasses.

Last edited by Sooner or later; 10-02-2020 at 01:43 PM..
Old 10-02-2020, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
You guys mush have crappy restaurants. We have several favorite places that all have great service and really good food, and portions so big we usually get two meals each out of them.

Our hardest choice is where to go on Friday nights.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 10-02-2020, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Some of you guys really need to pick better restaurants, apparently.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Every day...sometimes twice.
Being retired means living what you like to do...every day.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
How important, less than zero for us.

We do partake in takeout (Pizza or Thai) once or twice a week, but actually going to to sit down - no thanks. Wife and I met working in a restaurant and did a lot of dinning out in our early years. BTDT. We make better food at home for a fraction of the cost and nobody complains my drinks are weak.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
The Mighty Pieholio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starless View Post
Stayed at Crows Nest in North Truro in the Captains quarters and just went to the local fish markets and cooked our own
Juan, that place looks very relaxing. Did you bring some of your own cooking goodies? Spices, etc?

I could handle a few days there.

Shame it's not near the water.

Old 10-02-2020, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: