Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
credulous Boomer rube

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
My Cayenne is due for tires in the next 3 months. I was looking into these yesterday at Tirerack. Was looking for quieter tires compared to the current Toyo Proxes, but still wanted the M+S rating.

I am about to settle on these Pilot Sport A/S N3 at $335 a pop, but they're on back order.
I put Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my Cayenne this past spring. 21" rims. The wet and dry handling is superb. It is a great tire for Cayennes...

Old 10-20-2020, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

lol. Expecting 4-6" of accumulating snow tonite. The Subaru got its Michelins back about a 1/2 hour ago too....not P Sports though-- X-ice.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Send a message via AIM to petrolhead611
Uniroyal Rainsport 3. Superb on wet roads, and the universally preferred AutoX tyre in the UK( we are forbidden track tyres in the rules). Don't last long but they are only a mid-price tyre.
Vindicator Vulcan V8 spyder, street legal sports racing car
(300hp,1400 lbs kerb weight) used for sprints on circuits, and hillclimbs
Old 10-21-2020, 01:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
Porsche forum.

Not many here were born rich from what I gather.

Other forums for that I suppose.

New tires are one of life's joys.
No doubt some are born rich. I was only rich in the fact that I had two parents that loved me, and taught me to work hard for my goals.

When I moved out from their house I spent almost all my cash resources moving 900 miles to a strange new city to get a job. My first week at work I had less than 15 bucks in my checking account and no savings. So I pretty much started life as an adult with 15 bucks, and waiting for payday. It sucked, but it was the best I could do at the time.

Dad shook my hand and mom hugged me when I left. They gave me all their love, and waved goodby.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 10-21-2020, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
My comments should have been in green towards Ziggy based on what he has said in other threads.

No way was I commenting on anyone spending any amount of $ on tires, they are very expensive now a days.

I started with my employer making $8 an hour over 20 years ago and have done well. By no means would I ever disparage anyone for what they are buying.

That is something Ziggy does.

I have MSPC's on my 911 and they are good tires I agree.

Last edited by 911boost; 10-21-2020 at 07:14 AM..
Old 10-21-2020, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun @ Tru6 View Post
On the topic of spending money on tires, they are the only things that connect your car to the road. Just as importantly, if not more so, tires are what stop your car. Spend as much as you possibly can on the best tires for your car, especially one that carries your family.

Why Braking Is All About Tires... If you want to upgrade your brakes, start with your tires.
That. Tires are one of the most important bits of safety gear on a car. If you have to brake hard to avoid rear-ending someone, then the difference between good tires, cheap tires or even expensive high mileage tires can be huge. If you need to swerve to avoid an accident, then cheap tires or tires with low grip are far more likely to lose grip than to allow you to avoid an accident.

If you spend extra money anywhere on your vehicle, tires are the place to do it.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 10-21-2020, 06:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
Dad shook my hand and mom hugged me when I left. They gave me all their love, and waved goodby.
I did not get what you got (long story), however When I went back to visit I was given a bag of groceries and some old pans of my grandmother.

I took it, but was confused by all the mixed messaging.
George, Architect
Old 10-21-2020, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911boost View Post
My comments should have been in green towards Ziggy based on what he has said in other threads.......
Yes, BOLD green font would have made things clear.

Next time just say: Silly you, spent your Covid-19 check all in one place.

In bold green.

Hard to do on a cell phone, much easier with laptop and a mouse.
George, Architect
Old 10-21-2020, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I'm a big fan. Have them on my Cayman and Cayenne. I even put 275/50-20 on my old Silverado pickup. I had been using Kumhos on the truck for years but I didn't go by the treadwear indicators on the Kumhos for replacement time, I went by when my truck would change lanes on the highway in the rain on it's own! The Michelins could be run past the wear bars and still stick in the rain.

I just did a track day with the Michelins on my Cayman a couple weeks ago and they still look OK after eight 20 minute sessions.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911boost View Post
My comments should have been in green towards Ziggy based on what he has said in other threads.

No way was I commenting on anyone spending any amount of $ on tires, they are very expensive now a days.

I started with my employer making $8 an hour over 20 years ago and have done well. By no means would I ever disparage anyone for what they are buying.

That is something Ziggy does.

I have MSPC's on my 911 and they are good tires I agree.
I hate to even ask, but when have I disparaged anything anyone ever bought , except for Red Hats ?

Originally Posted by fintstone
Wake up. There was no violent coup and Jews do have lasers.

Last edited by Ziggythecat; 10-21-2020 at 02:08 PM..
Old 10-21-2020, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Registered

Brigestone S-04 on my Cayman. The Macan has some sort of mountainy truck tire that I dont' care about .

The S-04s are the best tires I've experienced. They wear fast, so they have to be changed every year due to wear and hardening from heat cycling. But who the hell cares, it's worth it.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Insert Tag Line HERE.....

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rattlsnak
Michelin Sport Cup 2s for my Pcar.. love them...
Old 10-21-2020, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Driver, not Mechanic

20" are on back order. I placed my order today for the Cayenne. All I am looking for is a quieter ride at 55-75MPH. The drone on the Toyo Proxes S/T at 55-70 is almost unbearable.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
You do not have permissi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Douglas View Post
The Michelin Defenders I put on our CR-V are really great too.
I put those on the gf's Prius because I didn't want her breaking down in some seedy Detroit neighborhood due to their tank trap roads. Five ply sidewalls, 90k mile rated i think and bulletproof. Very good traction under dry condition spirited driving as well. Wet seemed good but I didn't push them.

My only concern was she didn't check pressure regularly and there had been a problem with both OEM and the aftermarket TPM sensors put in. Later discovered only 15psi in one with a nail. The sidewall looked perfect and the car drove completely the same with no pull. Normally a person can sense a 5-10 psi difference easily.

I read an internet blip that they changed that tires formula a few years back, but this is unconfirmed. idk.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Evil Genius

Garage
Tires and your Battery are 2 areas never a good idea to skimp on.........

but, to many people, they only know tires to be round and black, and want 80,000 miles out of a hard hard compound that lasts, but isn't sticky in the least.

Wag more, bark less.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Registered

Not sports car related but I recently purchased a set of six used wheels/tires for my dually and the tires are Michelin XPS RIB . They are 235/85x16 and 10 ply !!! The previous owner had a front end alignment issue so the two fronts need to be replaced .

I made some phone calls today to local tire shops two tires mounted and balanced out the door with tax $601.00 ......... Yikes 😁 . I am glad the rear four tires are in good shape . I did find them cheaper online I will see if local will match the price . This will be my first set of Michelins in a long time . Will see if they are worth the price .
Old 10-23-2020, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
Driver, not Mechanic

Backorder on Pilot Sport A/S for Cayennes with no line of sight on restocking... I guess I'll have to find another tire.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
Backorder on Pilot Sport A/S for Cayennes with no line of sight on restocking... I guess I'll have to find another tire.
I would think Bridgestone has something available and I wouldn't consider them a down grade . They make fine tires also .

Old 11-02-2020, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: