Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Downhill on skateboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2nMIOWbCLY

Old 10-24-2020, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 10-24-2020, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Impressive, exhilarating and a bit insane.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Used User

Incredibly fooking stupid. At least a leather jacket, please.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I'd NEVER do that without my elbow pads.

BTW, he'd be an excellent monkey on a side car rig.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Having ridden in my younger days before the really long boards came out, I am always in awe of seeing boarders take on these rides. I wish I had roads in my area that I could safely ride like this. But lack of suitable roads, the proper board and safety equipment, and oversized cajones will keep me in the house! Oh yeah, I'm 60 and haven't ridden in years! I winced every time these guys crossed the yellow as the road was not closed to traffic and was amazed that the rider was able to execute controlled slides in a couple of the tight turns. One little pebble could have sent him flying. If you have ever ridden at speed before, you will know what I am talking about. I sure had my share of spills!
Old 10-24-2020, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Bad balls to brains ratio right there.

1969 911T Coupe
1972 911E Targa
Old 10-24-2020, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Amazing how we became more aware of our mortality as we aged, isn't it?
Old 10-24-2020, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Those bastards do that in my hill. Its a miles long with few houses. I almost run into a few of them coming up as they cross over to the side of the road and filming too. If I hit one, its always my fault. Cops don't really thing about it. We call often when they are out

Yeah, crazy but their control is awesome. I skate in a pool when I was a kid. I think its much safer then what they are doing
Old 10-24-2020, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

I used to as a teen, and have the scars to prove it. But these guys are IMPRESSIVE.

We had some hills on the way back from surfing trips through the farmland. So it was unlikely we would meet a car coming the other way.
Old 10-24-2020, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Wholly crap, impressive, but I couldn't help but think, one pebble is all it would take, and, did you see the shadow of the camera van behind him?
Old 10-24-2020, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

How fast was he going, really? I think a cyclist would be able to go significantly faster. And the guy was wearing a pretty decent helmet, had knee pads, and gloves. Better "protected" than any road cyclist. Yes, it would have been ugly had he lost it - "street pizza" we used to call it - but I think he would have fared better than an average cyclist.
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 10-24-2020, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I see you

No traffic coming the other way was a lucky break. Good skills but I'd think a leather jacket would have been appropriate. Remember the guy with all the wheels on a leather suit?

“There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence.”
Old 10-24-2020, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

that video should be titled:
How I got practiced to become a bug on a windshield of a car...
Old 10-24-2020, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
The slides were incredible. Always amazed at how good people can get (at anything) with enough repetitions, and how each generation takes it to a new level.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrken View Post
The slides were incredible.

Imagine going through the learning curve though
Old 10-24-2020, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

No F---ing way, even in my wild days, he must have been doing 70-80 mph at points.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Used User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
No F---ing way, even in my wild days, he must have been doing 70-80 mph at points.
More like 40 to 50 but that's freakin' flying on a SB. I think street luges get to 60 something.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
I think that was an illusion based on the filming. Still 35, 40 or even 50 is still plenty fast. You slide for a bit at that speed if you hit the asphalt. And whether you hit a tree or one of the rare barriers on the side of the road, I think those things could make a pretty serious mess of you at speed.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered

I did alot of parking garages in downtown. We would get maybe 35mph at times which is faster than you can run and would leave an impressive mark when a mistake was made. A group of us would get off work in the late night, grab beer and head downtown. It was fantastic as the elevators would still be working and you could go top to bottom, catch the elevator and do it again. A group of 10 traveling in a space that you could cover with a king size comforter.

Old 10-26-2020, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: