Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Administrator

Porsche Unseen: cars that never made it to the assembly line

Have you been following Porsche's social media lately? If not, you've missed these beauties.

Quote:
Published over the weekend, the first episode of the teaser campaign provided a darkened rear quarter view of a mysterious vehicle “harkening back to the days of sports racing cars of the '50s.” Pictured below, we’re tempted to believe it was related to the 550 Spyder judging by the design cues and the “Little Rebel” license plate. It’s likely a nod to James Dean’s “Little Bastard” and his tragic accident in September 1955.
Source here

Porsche posted another to their social yesterday here. Quoted below:

Quote:
The second secret of the Porsche Design Studio revealed is based on the racing car with which Porsche won 24 Heures du Mans.

But instead of being designed to be unbeatable in the world’s toughest motor race, this car was conceived to bring its magic to the rarefied world of privateer racers. Stay tuned for the reveal and many other secrets of Michael Mauer’s lair over the next ten days.

#PorscheUnseen
These both seem to be modern-day interpretations of production vehicles that never saw the light of the production line. These are just the start of their Porsche Unseen stories so be sure to keep an eye out for what comes next!

Old 11-10-2020, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
As I understand the upcoming 2022 Le Mans rules the GTLM is gone, and replaced with "Hyper cars" based on manufacturers cars. Maybe this is the first of that type of car.

1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 11-10-2020, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: