Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

I fooked my plumber today. Fooking people

No good deed goes gawddamn unpunished, I tell ya. Hanging out at my job site, sitting out on the front lawn this morning enjoying my cup of hot coffee making sure things run smoothly before I run off home. Woman from a few houses down the street jogs by, about 40, asked me if my plumber is available to help her with a leak at her laundry sink. I thought sure, went and got him. He said, service call is 125.00. She agreed. He walks up there and comes back drives off to the plumbing supply to pick up a new faucet. Upon return, he send one of his men to install this thing. Everything went well. Finished in 35-40 min. I had gone home by then.

I go back this afternoon, He's fuming, swearing away, wanting to burn her house down. I found out he charged her 270.00. Which I thought its more then fair. She got service immediately and the faucet cost about 100 bucks. Home owner comes out and chated with me a bit and was a little disappointed at my plumber.

The crazy btich (CB) neighbor had asked the plumber's workman how much he gets pay to do the job. He claims 36 bucks per hour. She's now ferocious due to the low pay the person doing the work has received. She comes raving about what happened to the home owner I am working for and tries to convince her to fire me too for slave labor (too late, I have the front half her house torn apart). She claims the workman only got 18 bucks and the boss charged 270 demanding he pay them more. Now, here's the best part. She posted this on the neighborhood app. and pulled the my clients and mentioned me into this awful mess. The worst thing is, she took a pic of the sign off my plumber's truck as well as a pic of him hanging out watching his men bust out concrete. None of us knew this until my clients showed me the app. CB tried to tell the entire neighborhood boycott this plumber because of the low pay to his workmen. Within minutes, many others not knowing what actually happened are giving each other high fives over the net for her courageous work exposing the slave drivers calling him a predatory capitalist. I had to sit my client down and show her the numbers and what it takes to run a business. She shook her head. What a fook mess. I thought I help out a neighbor and get Rick a bit more work. I now feel like siht dragging him into the mud pit. Fawk.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Apparently your neighbor is incapable of basic math and doesn't realize that $36 an hour is $72,000 a year, plus benefits, which is almost 50% above the median yearly income of a full time US male. But if she was able to handle that concept, she wouldn't be boycotting your poor plumber. And she could probably fix her own sink.

But do tell your plumber and anyone else you work with to tell their employees not to discuss their pay with customers. What they make is their business and nothing good can come of it. I can't imagine they're asked very often, but they should be trained to respond, if asked, that the company takes good care of them and they're very happy with the employer. That's all anyone needs to know.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

I needed a plumber last week to replace nine angle stops in the rental I’m refurbishing. My main water shut off was a gate valve and wouldn’t stop the water from slowly flowing. The plumber recommends replacing it with a ball valve. Two and one half hours, nine angle stops and one ball valve replacement. $1125. I was happy to pay it.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Checked out

That’s some cutting edge California woke social justice anti-capitalism cancel culture right there.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

You did him a solid. There are some people who you just really don't want to work for.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM View Post
Apparently your neighbor is incapable of basic math and doesn't realize that $36 an hour is $72,000 a year, plus benefits, which is almost 50% above the median yearly income of a full time US male. But if she was able to handle that concept, she wouldn't be boycotting your poor plumber. And she could probably fix her own sink.

But do tell your plumber and anyone else you work with to tell their employees not to discuss their pay with customers. What they make is their business and nothing good can come of it. I can't imagine they're asked very often, but they should be trained to respond, if asked, that the company takes good care of them and they're very happy with the employer. That's all anyone needs to know.
You forgot all the other crap that comes with employing someone. Or rather little miss social justice did...
Old 11-19-2020, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
That’s some cutting edge California woke social justice anti-capitalism cancel culture right there.
Aint that the sihtty true. I really hope this is just an isolated case and not the stereo typical of our citizens. Holding my breath.

There are still many good solid people out here that I know of.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan A View Post
You forgot all the other crap that comes with employing someone. Or rather little miss social justice did...
You want to know what's sad? I read through some of the comments on that app. A couple people suggested that the owner get the workman's number and call him direct and pay him to to do the work and spread his number. I am shocked that more then half the people reading that crap agreed. What the fook happened to us? Do these people know that stealing someone's employee is wrong?

For people that do this obviously knows nothing about operating a business. These people don't analyze facts but spread siht base on their own feelings. I feel really bad for my plumber. We go back 20 years. His small company doesn't deserve this negative attack on the net. I am not sure if this will hurt his business at all? When people search for his name or feedback, will this come up? Me, I don't have anything on the net, so it doesn't effect my business, but I felt like siht since this afternoon.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM View Post

Thankfully she's not my neighbor. If she is, there will be firetrucks there now. She's a neighbor of my client's.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

It's a shame you can't rewind the clock and say to her "Sorry, my heart goes out to you re your drama, but my plumber is busy already. Good bye."

Either that, or like we used to say to eachother back in the 80's "Go f' yourself."
Old 11-19-2020, 10:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Douglas View Post
It's a shame you can't rewind the clock and say to her "Sorry, my heart goes out to you re your drama, but my plumber is busy already. Good bye."

Either that, or like we used to say to eachother back in the 80's "Go f' yourself."
I just want light her ass up tomorrow when she runs by but she might call the cops on me for harassment? Cops will side with her because I am a male, dirty contractor, don't live in the neighborhood. After playing this in my mind again and again on my short drive home, I decided against it because I refuse to go down to her level. As they say, don't go rolling around the mud with a pig because the pig will like it too much. She will just let me have a piece of her mind too and I don't need that. This is not some poor area. She must be a wife of well to do executive or someone in upper management. To get to where she is, they must do the same carp to their workers but fail to see it through her lens.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Platinum Member

15 years ago, our rule of thumb was doubling our employees hourly wage was roughly a break-even. Worse today, but I'm not going to parf the thread.

She doesn't have a clue. I'd ignore her.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

weekend wOrrier

I'm going to create a new website called "ronnie's list" It will be an angies list in reverse.

To review on my site-

1. reviewer leaves full name
2. reviewer discloses if they tried to resolve this issue with party directly, and what the results were
3. reviewer allows their own name to be critiqued in public, forfeitting all anonymity/hippa rights.
4. Business will be given opportunity to respond.
5. Businesses can review customers (with the same criteria).

I will create a new internet standard in reviews. In short, if you don't review through my site, your review is just bs. My company will call the "karen's" out there and give them options to rectify their bad hoa behavior, through better behavior, and there will be nothing they can do about it.

Businesses can respond directly to negative reviews by stating "To reduce spam/malware bots, we only respond to credible reviews posted on "Ronnie's list" please post there for quality responses.

I will become the new internet standard, and there will be nothing anyone can do about it.

People will flock to me, and I will tell them "Yes, you are welcome."

Last edited by LEAKYSEALS951; 11-20-2020 at 03:51 AM..
Old 11-20-2020, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Wow, that's really fuched up. Yeah, it's all on the plumber that told her how much he makes and the idiot woman that doesn't understand business.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 11-20-2020, 04:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

There needs to be an app, where customers can be blacklisted . There are some really nasty unreasonable people out there, and unfortunately, every once in a while, you run into them .
Timely thread, I was going to post about "tim" yesterday .
1976 930( peru red usa) ,1980 euro sc, 1974 914. 1997 M3, , 2004 Duramax 3500 quad cab dually . 2004 2500 HD Gas 1989 Yamaha xt 350. 2004 Turbo Pepperwagon, 1976 Chevrolet C 60 Rollback towtruck. 2006 x3 a few old tractors, and tons of tools
Old 11-20-2020, 04:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by look 171 View Post
You want to know what's sad? I read through some of the comments on that app. A couple people suggested that the owner get the workman's number and call him direct and pay him to to do the work and spread his number. I am shocked that more then half the people reading that crap agreed. What the fook happened to us? Do these people know that stealing someone's employee is wrong?

For people that do this obviously knows nothing about operating a business. These people don't analyze facts but spread siht base on their own feelings. I feel really bad for my plumber. We go back 20 years. His small company doesn't deserve this negative attack on the net. I am not sure if this will hurt his business at all? When people search for his name or feedback, will this come up? Me, I don't have anything on the net, so it doesn't effect my business, but I felt like siht since this afternoon.
People are morons. And I have a neighbor, who I haven't asked, but based on what I'm seeing, I'm pretty sure he hired some folks on the side to paint his house. And I have an old coworker who's really cheap and hired a company to do some work. Then after they completed that, he hired some of their guys to do some more work. The guys that he hired on the side then did a crappy job cutting corners (presumably they just didn't know how it needed to be done), and he had issues afterwards.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 11-20-2020, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Obviously this woman was on full Covid 19, 2020 mental breakdown red alert. She was looking for someone to release a some anger/frustration, and aggression on when her laundry sink sprang a leak, and sent her off the deep end !
Old 11-20-2020, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
We Were Always Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I wonder how much she tipped him with her, you know, own money.

“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." – Winston Churchill
Old 11-20-2020, 06:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I bet her name is Karen.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 11-20-2020, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered

And. She had INSTANT service.

I hate crazies. Had one yesterday. Can't discuss it after they threatened to lawyer up against my supplier - not me.

Here is the thing. Did you do the right thing? Yes. More than right.

Sleep well. In the end, we only have to live with ourselves.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: