Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Black Friday Sales

Anyone who has experienced the retail sales rush on this day knows what it is like.

I'm really surprised that there hasn't been more of a push for curb-side or on-line sales for this day. Or maybe just entirely delay the sales day to avoid the large crowds.

I realize the merchants would be totally against it, but it's just asking for trouble.

Old 11-20-2020, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Various VWs
Old 11-20-2020, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Various VWs
Old 11-20-2020, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Most stores I frequent do not have plans for black Friday. Home Depot for example has been running specials already - they announced they would be over a 4 to 6 week period.

'83 SC Targa - since 5/5/2001
'06 911 S Aerokit - from 5/2/2016 to 11/14/2018
Old 11-20-2020, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

I did quite well.

I wanted a particular oven and I asked the local shop would they do a price match with one on sale elsewhere. they said we have one at about 1/5 of the normal retail price because it's our display one and has a broken handle. So I bought that and are getting a new (free) handle sent out to me under the manufacturers 12 month warranty.

I guess it's the Scottish in me, I just can't stop myself.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej37 View Post
Anyone who has experienced the retail sales rush on this day knows what it is like.

I'm really surprised that there hasn't been more of a push for curb-side or on-line sales for this day. Or maybe just entirely delay the sales day to avoid the large crowds.

I realize the merchants would be totally against it, but it's just asking for trouble.
You haven't' been shopping lately, huh? Everyone (brick and mortar and online) have been running big specials for several weeks now. The idea is that 5% of the BF sales per day over 20 days is the same, and safer, than 100% of the BF deals on one day.

Go visit your local Best Buy, there's TVs lining the aisles.

Yes, there is no "doorbuster" deals, but those were not any sort of income stream for the stores. The actual money makers are all still for sale right now.

1980 911SC sunroof coupe, silver/black: The Wurster
2006 Mazda3 5 door, M-speed exhaust: The Ricer
Putting the sick back into sycophant!
Old 11-21-2020, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

My wife wanted a necklace that was on special at the Broadway (when they were around in San Diego) and the store opened at 6:00AM. Soooooo I went and was about 4 feet from the door closest to the jewelry section and when the fellow opened the doors right at 6:00 I was nearly crushed by half a dozen little old Mexican grandmothers who were going to get in first! Never again!
Old 11-21-2020, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
You haven't' been shopping lately, huh? Everyone (brick and mortar and online) have been running big specials for several weeks now. The idea is that 5% of the BF sales per day over 20 days is the same, and safer, than 100% of the BF deals on one day.

Go visit your local Best Buy, there's TVs lining the aisles.

Yes, there is no "doorbuster" deals, but those were not any sort of income stream for the stores. The actual money makers are all still for sale right now.
No..I haven't.
Did notice the last couple nights when watching the evening news that about every commercial is about 'Black Friday'
Old 11-21-2020, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
I have not gone shopping on black Friday since the early 1980s. It sucked back then, and do not miss the experience. Now I have just one gift to buy, and that is for my wife. After 28 years of marriage it is really hard to find something she wants, and does not have. It is even harder for her. If I think of some item I want, I buy it. She threatens to get me socks and underwear since I can't giver her any suggestions. She says that only because I told her that for me, as a boy, socks and underwear was about the worst possible Christmas party. Even worse than fruit cake.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 11-21-2020, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

I received an email last night from Tractor Supply , attached to the email is a link to black Friday specials . One that caught my eye is a Cannon 36 gun safe for $300.00 . I might need to check that one out .
Old 11-21-2020, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Want the new Xbox. They’re sold out everywhere. My only shot may be to camp in front of a store on Black Friday.

I’m probably not that desperate.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
The two month period where I don't step foot in a retail store is almost here. Well, I have to get booze and gas at Costco or Sam's, but that's it. All stocked up on guns and ammo.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

I have never gone out (on purpose) to black Friday sales, I can't stand the crowds, and the waiting.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Yesterday was the start of the 5 day black Friday sale at Tractor Supply . My wife and I decided to go and see if the gun safe was really available to purchase . We arrived at the store around 8:00 AM and it looked like a normal day .

No long lines just steady business . I found the gun safe in the ad in the store but there was no BF sale sign on it . I found an employee and he stated yes it's on sale for $299.00 they forgot to put the sale sign on it . I asked if they had stock and he said yes . Ten minutes later the safe was loaded into my truck I was happy .

We arrived at home and with the assistance of my aluminum ramps I was able to unload the 350 lb. safe by myself with no injury 😁 . I already have one safe but it's too crowded , this will allow better spacing and maybe 🤔 some expansion in the future . It was a good day .
Old 11-25-2020, 04:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

I was in my local Walmart yesterday for an oil filter for my Fit. The outdoor garden section, which is normally empty this time of year, was completely full stacked to the ceiling with pallets of boxes.

I asked the clerk about it and he said "That's just part of what we'll need for Friday"
Old 11-25-2020, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
The two month period where I don't step foot in a retail store is almost here. Well, I have to get booze and gas at Costco or Sam's, but that's it. All stocked up on guns and ammo.
The Gun Stores it has been Black Friday all year long.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
There is a new Walmart Supercenter that I stopped into last week. They had an area on the side of the store set up with 6 traffic lines like a drive in bank. Canopy over the top and cars lined with Walmart people loading cars. Crazy.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/
Old 11-25-2020, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

I bought something at Best Buy and selected to pick it up in store. For some days Best Buy is forcing pick to curbside versus going into the store.
01 996 TT -
09 Audi A4 Avant - daily driver
Old 11-25-2020, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
The Gun Stores it has been Black Friday all year long.
I had been shopping for a Glock 43x for a while. They sell out as soon as they arrive in all the local gun stores. The few I saw last week were $568. They go for $800-900 on Armslist now. Found one for $450 on Wed. in a local store, new in box. It was cash only and I had to run to the ATM. They wouldn't hold it for me or take a deposit. They had five in stock. I got back to the store with the cash in under 10 min. and got it. Huge savings over the other stores. They also let me buy a box of 9mm for $12.50, which is a smoking deal these days. They limit it to one box per gun-buying customer. Another local gun store is now holding drawings, not to win ammo, but rather to win the chance to buy what ammo they have. Unreal these times.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered

Samsung 75 inch 4K tv ...$750 still part of black friday sales.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SAMSUNG-75-Class-4K-Crystal-UHD-2160P-LED-Smart-TV-with-HDR-UN75TU7000-2020/830886997?sourceid=dsn_ov_b075fcfb-9c9d-4f27-a8b4-3112d52be6ca&veh=dsn&wmlspartner=dsn_ov_b075fcfb-9c9d-4f27-a8b4-3112d52be6ca&cn=FY20-Enterprise-Func-Rooms-Ph3_rt_dps_dsn_dis_ov_entp

Old 11-30-2020, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: