Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Administrator

'Road-Legal Porsche 962' Owner and Collection

This quote got me:

Quote:
He offered to take us to the warehouse where the rest of his cars were kept without a typically Japanese warning of Im the poorest in my group of friends.
Read the entire write up and view the collection HERE.

To get into details about the owner Moroi-san, he was featured in an old Motorhead video, which showcased Le Mans cars. The vehicle was also featured in a Top Gear episode. The 962 definitely stands out from his entire collection, which he bought as is. It was originally a Schuppan 962 (2 of 5/6 made by Vern Schuppan in Australia).

Quote:
Being an early car, the tub was constructed from a composite, much like the racing cars. The previous owner had swapped out the curvy and awkward Schuppan body in favor of a race-spec body with the full Rothmans livery. Moroi said the previous owner used to commute from his home in Numazu to his office in Ginza, a four-hour round trip. Every effort has gone into making this car as comfortable on the road as possible it even has air-conditioning. Moroi has owned the car for 15 years and says he has enjoyed driving it on both the street and the track.
Read more details at the entire article above. Share your thoughts below!

Old 11-24-2020, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

Great article! Thanks for sharing, Luccia! ...

Lee
Old 11-24-2020, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
another round please

What a fun article, wish I could see it.

Old 11-24-2020, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: