Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Jack Point Jack Stands

No affiliation with company. I just wanted to write and say how much I love these stands. It really takes the thinking out of where to jack the car up from. I had more conflicting answers on where to and not to jack the car up from. Super easy now. Also, the construction is top notch, no weld seams, just a large chunk of whatever they are built from. The fear of the car falling on me is nil (I still put blocks under the car for safety) and leaving on the stands for an extended period is not a problem. It use to bother me. More a me problem but I just didn't like leaving the car on stands.

Oh, customer service was top notch as well. Any questions I had, they answered pronto.

Anyhow, thought I should write since we typically only here about bad vendors.

David

Old 01-05-2021, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Bollweevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBOX2000 View Post
No affiliation with company. ......

Anyhow, thought I should write since we typically only here about bad vendors.

David
and what Company might that be ??? never mind : Jack Stands

maybe a picture ?

Last edited by 74-911; 01-05-2021 at 08:12 AM..
Old 01-05-2021, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Counterclockwise?

Garage
13" high?
A bunch of stuff with spark plugs
Old 01-05-2021, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
I guess they saved a lot of money on the marketing department staff on trying to come up with a product name.

A link to them, or a picture would be nice.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 01-05-2021, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

I think the name is Jack Point.

http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/

The height is actually pretty good. With the car at an angle, I had zero problem getting under the car and moving around. Now would (or could) I use to lower a motor, no but for brakes, oil changes and suspension stuff, I think they would work fine. I've only used in the front as a disclaimer.

Would a lift be better, yes but a bit overkill for most of us.

If regular jack stands are your thing, great. I just never really felt that safe with them. As mentioned, a ME problem. For me these just take a lot of the worry out of the equation.

As mentioned, zero connection to them. Just really liked the product and service.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Cars & Coffee Killer

Okay, those are pretty cool. I can immediately see how these are both easier to use and safer.

"There is freedom in risk, just as there is oppression in security."
Old 01-05-2021, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Back in the saddle again

Interesting design.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 01-05-2021, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

When you lower one end of a vehicle, it comes swinging down in an arc. How is that supposed to register the round puck into the base? Do you scoot the stand along until the plate lands in the circular base? They didn't show if the bases stack and how much room all of the stuff takes up, load capacity, etc.
Old 01-05-2021, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by masraum View Post
Interesting design.
Very nice but I'm really in need for our growing Land Rover collection (the daughter has pointed out that she's been left out) and I don't think this will help. Been considering 6 ton jack stands.

For the Porsche or similar it looks like the deal. When my kid had an Audi A4 I found the pinch welds had been bent a little from previous lifts by a PO and it was really hard to find a suitable place to place a jack stand.
1995 993 Carrera 4 SOLD
2004 Land Rover Discovery II G4 Edition (Sold )
Old 01-05-2021, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewb0051 View Post
Very nice but I'm really in need for our growing Land Rover collection (the daughter has pointed out that she's been left out) and I don't think this will help. Been considering 6 ton jack stands.

For the Porsche or similar it looks like the deal. When my kid had an Audi A4 I found the pinch welds had been bent a little from previous lifts by a PO and it was really hard to find a suitable place to place a jack stand.
Agreed, certain vehicles won't benefit because these won't be tall enough. But, low vehicles and/or vehicles with stiff suspension will probably be OK.

Otherwise, standard jack stands are the way to go, preferably, something big and beefy and sturdy. I've always been a proponent of over-buying on jack stands. If I've got a 2 ton vehicle, then a 3-6 ton jack stand should be great.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by masraum View Post
Agreed, certain vehicles won't benefit because these won't be tall enough. But, low vehicles and/or vehicles with stiff suspension will probably be OK.

Otherwise, standard jack stands are the way to go, preferably, something big and beefy and sturdy. I've always been a proponent of over-buying on jack stands. If I've got a 2 ton vehicle, then a 3-6 ton jack stand should be great.
unless you bought them at harbor freight...
Old 01-05-2021, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
unless you bought them at harbor freight...
Yeah, nothing that protects my life is coming from Harbor Freight.

Old 01-05-2021, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: