Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Alpine Stereo wiring question

I have an Alpine 3DE-7887 to which I need to connect a Rockford Fosgate 240x4 amp. (I'm putting a Sub in my 911). I have everything connected, except for the remote connection on the amp, and I need to find the remote wire for the stereo - or find out how to wire in a manual switch to turn on the amp.

1983 944 - Parting out
1980 911 - Weissach Edition
Old 04-20-2004, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Dept store Quartermaster

Generally it is white or light blue from the stereo (you can put a test light or meter on them to check). You can use the power antennae lead as well. The Amp is easy, it's the smallest one The big red lead is positive, the big black one is ground, and the other is the remote connection.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Super, thanks. I have the main power connected, just need the remote connection. Off subject, how do you like your Westy? We've been looking for one, but my wife insists on having A/C.
1983 944 - Parting out
1980 911 - Weissach Edition
Old 04-20-2004, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Just an FYI: On some units, the power antenna lead only gets power when in "tuner" mode. If you use it for your amp remote make sure to test first or you might end up with an amp that wont power up when playing CDs!

Old 04-20-2004, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Dept store Quartermaster

Eric makes a good point, trial and error could only take 5 mins. The Westy is great, we only use it for camping, so it's not that big of a deal with the air. You could get one of the newer ones with the waterpumpers, they have air I believe.

Old 04-20-2004, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: