Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Sound Familiar?

Q: How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue, then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, just to add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

Old 03-28-2005, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
And 1 moderator to move it to the OT section.
-Z-man.

Visit my homepage!
<><
Old 03-28-2005, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
and your point is?
Old 03-28-2005, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Double Trouble

Do we feel better now?

75 914 1.8
07 Dodge Caravan
Old 03-28-2005, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Semper drive!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rcecale Send a message via MSN to rcecale Send a message via Yahoo to rcecale
You forgot the dozen or so that will vehemently claim it was all Bush's fault (complete with web addresses to anti-Bush websites displaying supporting arguments) and the subsequent opposing opinions from the right.

Randy
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Old 03-28-2005, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Light,Nimble,Uncivilized

Garage
One ass-clown to rant on a book...oh, nevermind.
R #464
Old 03-28-2005, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Randy,

Not a dozen, 13 now...

JoeA
2013 Jag XF, 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 2010 Jaguar XF (fast touring car), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 03-28-2005, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

And 4 to quote Bible verse that light bulb users should be put to death.

- Skip
Old 03-28-2005, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
1977 Targa ROW

what about the 5 that say light bulbs burn out prematurely becuase it is a plot by the mfg for designed obsolesce and that Bush must have some fiscal interest in Phillips and GE!
I'm not your Rumpelstiltskin, spin your own Gold.
"Ya can't be Pablo if ya work ain't selln'..."
Old 03-28-2005, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

....and don't forget the handfull that compare lightbulbs to the Nazis.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Non Compos Mentis

Me too!
Old 03-28-2005, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
wanna buy a stripper pole

Send a message via Yahoo to KevinP73
bump (does this make me the lurker?)
Old 03-28-2005, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

vott does ziss do?

Quote:
Originally posted by Drago
One ass-clown...
you been hangin' out with Speeder again?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Kantry Member

Hey, you must be talking about some other forum. On Pelican, you end up with links to modified light bulbs, bulbs with flares, whether to "duck" or "spoiler" that bulb. The advantage of earlier air-cooled bulbs vs the newer versions which have obviously lost the spirit, by being made so they cannot be raced without voiding their warrenty. Don't forget the quest for the ultimate "light wait" bulb in which it is wired not to come on for several seconds after you have thrown the switch. Then you have to mention JO's 'Black Bulb' and check out GC and JW's confirmation of the method used to change the bulb. You didn't even get into original paint or how the previous owner screwed up the last bulb change. This thread is useless without pictures!
Les
Old 03-29-2005, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Semper drive!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rcecale Send a message via MSN to rcecale Send a message via Yahoo to rcecale
My light bulb won't start, can someone tell me what's wrong with it. It was working just fine yesterday....I have loads and loads of pics I can post...

Randy
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Old 03-29-2005, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by oldE
Hey, you must be talking about some other forum. On Pelican, you end up with links to modified light bulbs, bulbs with flares, whether to "duck" or "spoiler" that bulb. The advantage of earlier air-cooled bulbs vs the newer versions which have obviously lost the spirit, by being made so they cannot be raced without voiding their warrenty. Don't forget the quest for the ultimate "light wait" bulb in which it is wired not to come on for several seconds after you have thrown the switch. Then you have to mention JO's 'Black Bulb' and check out GC and JW's confirmation of the method used to change the bulb. You didn't even get into original paint or how the previous owner screwed up the last bulb change. This thread is useless without pictures!
Les
You forgot to mention how the front-filament-water-cooled lighbulbs aren't really pure & genuine light bulbs.

Visit my homepage!
<><
Old 03-29-2005, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

so, how do you turbo an n/a light bulb?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Light,Nimble,Uncivilized

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by ronin
so, how do you turbo an n/a light bulb?
Silly...you sell the N/A bulb and buy a turbo...everyone knows that!
R #464
Old 03-29-2005, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

you have learned well, grasshopper
Old 03-29-2005, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

And one person to complain about the Light bulb Gruppe!

"Some Observer"
Old 03-29-2005, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: