Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 4.18 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by _e_w_ View Post
Thanks for the info TC. I'm getting a clearer picture of who Charlie might have been and from the sounds of it he was a hell of a guy with a lot of talent and know how. A talented mechanic and fabricator can accomplish just about anything. I've been fortunate and have been around and have known people like this.
If the Vette was indeed purchased used, is it possible that the previous owner was the one to have the Guldstrand parts put on the car? I can see this as a possibility especially if it was previously owned by a stunt driver.
I wasn’t the one who mentioned McQueen, but apparently Charlie’s garage serviced some of his cars.
As far as Guldstrand parts, we still haven’t figured out when Charlie got the car!

Guldstrand was the thought to be Corvette guru (Realize I am talking about my own friend!), but he was brought on board from Dana Chevrolet by James Garner to head up the preparations of the Team cars and as one of the pilots! They got their asses kicked at the 68 Daytona. The Yenko/DX cars combined with Delorenzo/Thompson, all were running in the end, finishing! The AIR cars actually had a weight advantage and were marginally faster in qualifying, but had nothing but problems! They were pit thrashing on the cars to get them back into it! Essentially coming in 30th and 33rd place, but NC non-classified, not making the required laps! They just basically had HD stuff on them! The slalom cars of that year we’re the venue getting the faster development, as the National cars were restricted in the SCCA and FIA. At the 68 LeMans Greders L88s were flared, but the older Grand Sports sported flares. The FIA flare rule, I have to look up, but essentially they went from Group 3 to Group 4 with these mods! The flares technically needed to be homologated, and I think Grp 3 was at least a 1000 units, and the Grp 4 to 500 units. I have to check that, as they were attempting to attract more entrants and loosened some of the homologation quotas. LeMans also sometimes had it’s own tweaking of the FIA rules. Then the onslaught of the OC and Greenwood domination! Guldstrand was more of a tuner, repair shop, level outfit till about late 1970 year. He had a few race tricks, but hardly any cars had what is technically Corvette performance hardware coming out of his shop yet! The race wears were scarce, but he did the typical Koni shocks, larger sway bar kits, a-arm bushing upgrades, spring changes, I think the front tower spreader bar was in play (non big blocks), and the basics that were the trend of the time.! No National car was campaigned touting his name! In 1971, he sourced the parts being used out there! He actually became a Vette Brakes (brakes and suspension manufacturer based out of Florida) Distributor till about 1976, when retooled this other Companies designs, branding those with his own name now and much of his line came from them! He did a mag article introducing these parts! He was finally doing cars that were equipped with the OC and Greenwood car mods basically by 1972. So did Charlie get this Corvette after 1972?
I did forget the other stunt drivers name (to add it into that previous post), that might have sold it to him! The C2 had flares first actually on the car show circuit in late 67 and one day for the history, I was going to look thru literature of cars done earlier, and prior to guys flaring truly for racing! The 427 Cobras had wide Blue Streak tires, so guys started adopting the Goodyear’s and Firestone’s from the real race cars. The wheel wells were getting radiused or cut out, for the latest race rubber and rims (8.5 inch). The FIA started allowing 10 inch. The tire and rim topic I have explained more in depth on Corvette Forum, but the 67 Vette had 6 inch rims, the 68 had 7 inch, the 1969 had 8 inch! Thus SCCA allowed a plus 1.5 inch width, so the C2 was stuck with max 7.5 rims, the 68 C3 could run 8.5 inch, the 69 C3 got to go to 9.5. This rendered the C2 uncompetitive fast! As the FIA was Group 4 and 10 inch, the IMSA wanted its cars to be faster than the competing SCCA organization on the same tracks, and that worked to draw competitors away! C2 Corvettes on the parking lot slalom events were running 10 inch, starting with the NCCA club guys first in Northern California (oldest club in the Country)! I was a short term member in 1982/3. On page 339 here, I picture a blurry shot of me and group with the racer at an NCCA event. I have the gas mask on, because I was octane boosting my fuel! But back to the track cars, the rules were stagnant in the top racing organizations, and the C2 Corvettes essential non-existent in FIA, SCCA, unless Regionals! So if you are studied on Corvette flares, you will see C3 cars flared for the 10 inch rims, but then in an SCCA race you will see tires/rims not filling the flare, as they were on 8.5 or 9.5 sizes. The rules were updated to allow 68 C3 cars to go to the 9.5 width, and boy did the few C2 guys protest! In the slalom world in 1968, SCCA made a power grab to encompass those parking lot amateur events, but the Slalom Counsels Organizations held on, but little by little the SCCA became an influence and eventually ran the show completely, mid 70s. By then 1972/3 the SCCA had lost competitors and even barred racers running IMSA from their cars doing any SCCA events. Someone like John Greenwood ran different SCCA legal cars and different IMSA cars (painted each perspectively Black, and the others white) so he could say, not an IMSA car! IMSA wrote rules to allow anyone to race anything! SCCA losing membership, made the power grab on the slalom/autocross crowd. Eventually SCCA allowed cars to go 10 inch. The C2s cars flared reappeared some in IMSA (Currin’s 63 Vette winning championship in 1972), when IMSA allowed them (C2s) to go to the equivalent C3 rim/tire combos! SCCA changed the top Pro class ( TransAm) which was run to FIA group rules! The old died 1972, revised to allow Corvettes 1973 and SCCA was paying purses now, as the Corvettes were eligible. So like Greenwood could now make money winning or placing in both IMSA and SCCA.
Thus many of the track racer C2 cars, only had the amateur slalom venues to run. So there were an abundance of C2s to modify further and run, being then uncompetitive on the real tracks in legal rules configuration against the C3 cars, until things flipped back over. The group with my racer, prior to my purchase from this Cavalier Corvette group was slalom/autocrossing, and then was one of the leading groups in the Country to put the C2 back onto the track in SCCA competition, running ASR, AP, BP, BSP class. I will post a picture of my car as last raced by this group here when I get on a computer. I have the slalom literature from this period, and seeing the first flared, wide tire cars is interesting. Naturally with the C3 flares out, the C2 was outdated, being restricted in all forms of racing to the wider allowed setups of the C3, and in comes IMSA which was run to the FIA group specs, allowing the flared wide tire cars finally, to have a place to compete on the actual tracks. Except for the Thumper belt line flare, the other flares mimicked the C3 car units that were developed for the C2 cars. The rules were rewritten to let the C2 cars run the same rim/tire sizes in IMSA as the C3 cars, as I detailed above in depth. . Only this early right around late 69/early 70s did C2s get flared, but too early for IMSA! And those cars that got flared earlier than the IMSA rule cars, weren’t on the real tracks, but auto crossing. I didn’t find Charlie autocrossing! At least not yet.

My guess on what I have heard of his car, I would wager purchase no sooner than 1971 or 1972!
And heck! Maybe the Stuntman previous Owner (Robbins? was the beer drinker! Then Charlie got his car, and got tagged with his rep! A stunt driver would have been a heck of a wheel man! Commuting over the hills to the studio lots! Copying the newest wide tire/flared trend on his personal ride, but I doubt race level mods yet, unless someone was autocrossing the car. My Father and me were out on track in his 1968 (Dealership modified by Dana Chevrolet, as my picture shows on page 339 of this thread= Riverside Gold color) with the Porsche club at the inaugural Ontario Motor Speedway 500 Indy car race, helping dry the surface running Club enthusiast cars around on pre-race laps. His car was not flared yet, and there was one other Corvette Club member that got there in time, before they locked down the Tunnel. Otis Chandler was out there with his 917 Porsche, and the other fast car helping to dry the track that was really fast and lapped us, was a 427 Cobra. We were maxing out at about 143 mph with a 3.70 diff. That was fun! We flared our car in about 1971/72. My Father bought the Guldstrand catalog of goodies. Guldstrand would string the alignment was the only time it was in Guldstrands shop, and do machine work, and minor things to parts we dropped off like drilling outer spindles for 1/2 inch long wheel studs and it went to his shop to press in the race bushings for the arms. We found a guy down Hawthorne/Inglewood way and stopped going to Dick's shop, in favor of a Bear outlet, who would speed align cars (take them up to high rpms in 4th gear) spinning on the rollers, the car chained down. He would strobe the wheel rotations, balance, and check your driveshafts, and halfshafts to. That was a little scary to watch as a kid.

To find potentially Charlie’s car, I now want to check those Slalom results for the stuntman’s name possibly! On a normal guys salary, the C2s were cheap even for a big block car, as guys wanted the C3 cars! As Charlie hung onto the car till 1982, he liked it a lot. And might have just preferred that earlier generation body style! But if you wanted to race, the C3s were more desirable!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 07-21-2019 at 02:47 PM..
Old 07-10-2019, 10:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7061 (permalink)

Garage
In looking for Charlie on the internet, I found a lot about Dick and Mulholland! He would take customer cars home, and if one wasn’t available, then he took his 1966 generally (actually just a sweet riding mundane C2, which he finally prototyped on a set of coilover double adjusts! He commuted from North Hollywood Cleon Avenue his house in the Valley in the Valley, to Culver City Jefferson way over the hill and back! He was an early riser, so used the freeway to get to work, and coming home, he was a little more adventurous! If the traffic was jammed, he would take various surface street routes home, and there were a number of options, if he went down like Pico, Wiltshire, Sunset, Santa Monica and then turned north! My Father worked on Pico, so I remember my Dad saying they would eat up around Farmers Market. In later years my Father worked in Marina Del Rey, close to Culver City, so they did lunch occasionally. Then my Father was up in Sunland, when Dick moved his shop up over the hill, closer to home. Dick around his Culver City shop used to test drive them over to LAX airport, and use various ramp turns outisde of the airport to check his work at speed. The Sepulveda tunnel was part of that test run lap. That actually gave me the idea down San Diego way to create a course using the freeway system exchanges. I called this clandestine sport “Ramping”. The best place I found centered down around the 8, 163, 805 freeways, and Friars road in that Mission Valley area, down near the San Diego Chargers/padres stadium (no place else to really enjoy the cars and bikes, unless you traveled to the outskirts. One evening, I accidentally passed a Highway Patrol pursuit Mustang on my crotch rocket 83 GS750R Suzuki not knowing I was being chased and was stopped at a redlight on Convoy Street where arrested and bike impounded. Fun times!

I have ridden with Dick, and might be one of the few that had the honor of him as a passenger! He was not a good passenger, especially if you gave him a taste of how he piloted a passenger ride along. When he was driving, he could either putt around near speed limit, or could get the bug, to open the ride up, throw it thru the twisties at 9/10th speed. I saw him described as the Professor of Mulholland. I am sure he knew the road, and probably did a 6/10 or 7/10th speeds on his compute, and might have blew by a few slow moving civilians! One thing about Dick, he could really demonstrate a car to the customer! Show what it could do! I was well north of 100 mph with him a few times in my life, seeing what she would do! At say 135mph, he would be just having a casual conversation, relaxed, but laser focused. In later years he was parking his 427 C5 for a photo shoot and it wasn’t pretty to watch, but he was over 70. I only remember him coming to our house once, when living Hacienda Heights way, and my parents took him and his wife to this restaurant where you walked thru the entrance, and rode or had to jump on a slide to get to the dining floor area below, for your steak dinner, he brought that night up in conversaton often asking if that place was still around. He obviously really liked that slide.He visited us a few times in Torrance/Carson, I don't remember anything specific about that, as I was too young. Back then, he lived in like El Segundo or Redondo Beach and their was some overlap, but he eventual moved to the Valley, and I would have to look at my 200 receipts of Guldstrand parts purchasing to get those dates on his shop location change and when he moved to the Valley. As I had the Camaro in about 1979, so that is when I became a paying customer, and then the Corvette in 1982. He still just called me “kid”. Doug Hooper did the same,but at least with him, I was “Jim’s Kid”!He got to know me as a young adult better, since I was trying to spend my whole entire paychecks there. He extended me credit just a few times, on a handshake, as he talked me into other stuff. I guess if I ever failed to pay,he could call my Father! My first time there with my own money, he sold me street performance shocks, and I didn't like them, so he changed them out to race units, but resistently. He had this 1 thru 10 scale, and if you mentioned usage on the Street at all, he wouldn't sell you components rated higher in performance than a 6 or 7. My one mistake, as after that if he asked, I wanted 10 scale, as for a short time, he would give me a little lecture. It became a joke when I walked into his shop also later, for him to ask me, what I broke! As I crashed a few times, and thus the humorous question and a few heim/sphericals sheered. I took all of the 5/8 stuff and went up to 3/4 or 7/8, and have some overkill 1 inch rod ends here and there,so I might not die!

Dick Guldstrand's real heyday was the very end of the 1950s, to his ride with Penske in 1966. The Pacific Coast Championships in 1964/65, he was still power sliding the ass end out, on his Corvette race car. And I think it was the 1966 Penske L88 ride at Daytona, where he finally started hitting the apexes. Thus he was an older guy, from the generation just before mine. The old hug the turn tight, and get on the gas out. Not the fastest way to drive a course! Even at the 1966 Sebring, Roger Penske wasn’t enjoying hearing that they were power sliding the Grand Sport in the race and then on that very turn where they were doing that, Thompson buried it in the sand berm! That was supposed to be an L88 engine durability test, in a car fast enough to get into the rear engined prototype field. Two old timers, power sliding away were asked to do just one job ( beat on that engine, hammer it, but oh well!) that didn’t go as planned. Penske almost threw Dick off of the team a few times, but Moore, Wintersteen and a few others convinced Penske to keep him on, but that was short lived. But to continue on with those race antics, Penske was a new responsible team Owner. He bought a Dealership (McKean Chevrolet) and was going to become the top operation (passing Nickey, Yenko, Briggs, etc). He was after Chevrolet, to give him sponsor backing, etc. He thought it all hinged on pleasing Chevrolet! Thus they wanted another GT class victory for Chevrolet at this Sebring event! To ensure no repeat of the Guldstrand/Thompson crashing the car antics like at the season opening Daytona race, he put his friends and fellow investors, the more mature adults Moore and Wintersteen in the GT car only, and thus the also run for testing GS, into the hands of Guldstrand/Thompson! Penske lost it big time, as he found out Moore and Wintersteen were drifting under power the turn, to out do Thompson/Guldstrand drifting. I have a not posted to the internet picture of this side by side ballet happening, that I will try to locate and post. Penske lost it! When they pitted, he wasn’t happy! He just got done chewing ass on the GT car guys, and then hears the GS car was crashed, but Thompson was trying to dig it out by hand!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 07-13-2019 at 10:27 AM..
Old 07-10-2019, 11:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7062 (permalink)

Long article on the front page of the LA Times, "Big Willie"

link I have a subscription so I don't know how access works. YMMV
Old 07-14-2019, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7063 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for providing a link Zeke, but unfortunately it did not work. Here is the correct one incase anyone is interested.

https://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-larger-than-life-street-racing-podcast-20190709-htmlstory.html

Great article.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7064 (permalink)

Garage
I was going to share more stories on Dick Guldstrand and some more stories about this kind of stuff, and post pictures of everything I talked about, but one-- It seems like I am just running on (maybe with little interest, plus all of my great attempt at paragraphs somehow got crunched together in one big blob of a post using the iPhone, I hate iPhone typing), and two-- the photo sharing site that I know how to use (Tiny Pics) is going bye-bye. I guess soon, everything at least I posted will disappear, when that site goes down permanently. Second time this has happened to me. I still haven't learned to post video yet, as I have videos too (have to I guess block out license plates, have no clue?). But later! I hope at least one guy viewing enjoyed some of the stuff I wrote and shared.

Regarding Dick- I was asked to author a book on him, and I volunteered to do a few chapters, but I have no time for a book. I know all of his cars, I know his shops, I know what I used to talk to him about, or ask him. Trust me, I asked him about Mulholland. He could tell stories, so I had to weed thru the tall tales to get the real. Great guy, I think I revived memories of his exploits, bringing up things he hadn't thought about. Dick would take any fame thrown his way and run with it, and he didn't really need to make stuff up (but if you mentioned some car exploit, he had done it all), as his race records, and participation was impressive I wish he wouldn't have embellished his stories, but he was fun to listen to. He did love to hear about what a guy like me did with his parts. He often said, bring it into the shop and we will make it faster, but I didn't need that, and didn't have that kind of money, plus I am pretty damn capable of doing everything on a car that needs to be done (I don't have transmission rebuild tools, thou!). I generally don't trust people ever working on anything I drive fast. One last story why and it wasn't Dick's fault I found out years later, but I had a major falling out with his operation. I took my Race car wheel hubs/4340 Axles in to get them precision set up (shimmed). I measured all shims, and wrote their widths on the shims in permanent marker. My garage was robbed and I lost my roll around, and a bunch of equipment like by press. I got them back and the run out with the dial indicator was crazy sloppy, so I found a press and took his shop foreman's work apart, and found the same loose assembled shims I threw in, just torqued now with the very same shims, that I dropped them off with. When I had picked them up, I had to ask them to find all of the other shims that I had provided to do this project. At first I didn't notice which ones were ultimately not loose, telling me which ones were used by deduction for the work ordered. His lying shop Foreman claimed that they shaved them, etc. to get them right. The ones I had in were within factory max tolerance, but to get them down to like .001 you have to repeatedly take them apart, adjust and reassemble, press and torque. I also wanted the spindle lathe turned on it's face surface, to true the dial indicator measurement location, so the forging won't make the needle fluxuate, as I was checking the bearing to shim pack play and that wasn't done either. I now have a tool I marked, that does it loose now. But the shims on the axle weren't shaved, as the tolerance would have been worse, if he had done that to what was already loose assembled prior to taking them there. My writing was still on both sides. This was my families friend's renowned shop (Guldstrands) that screwed me. I ran into him at an event after a number of years, and he wanted to know how I had been, and why I had stopped coming around, buying, etc.. I finally just told him what they did to me. From that point on, I realized that he would have made things right, and worked to square things, from finding out what upset me, and then he constantly worked on righting that wrong, he asked me to come by his shop, which I eventual did, and he handed me back $500 and some parts for free. That shop Foreman was gone, by then. Crook! I think that situation, and seeing how he worked to fix it, took the friendship to a new level. Thus I was trying to share the real stories as tribute.

Before Tiny Pics takes down their service, here is my race car as owned by the previous guy Robert Mathias the season prior to my purchase, as last campaigned in SCCA GT-1 class (on the right), with another fellow Cavalier Corvette Club Racer owned for a time by his brother Gil Mathias, then Rollie Jacobson #28 from that Inland Empire Snowplow spoiler group sponsored by Crest Chevrolet originally out of San Bernardino, before they moved and then were bought out. There were about 7 super serious Corvette competitors with cars like pictured in this one particular club, and I have shots of 6 of the 7 (Walt Snow, Ward, Bob/Dodi Conners, etc.) from the various Cities (Colton, Rialto, Fontana, etc.) back in the Ontario Motor Speedway in their neighborhood, and the end days of Riverside International Raceway, and these ran the slaloms (SCCSCC/Golden State Grand Prix/Lone Pine Time Trials) early on, and onto the Cal Club Regional/Nationals later on, till the modern tube frame cars became too dominate. The last hurrah for the Corvette Production chassis cars, the fastest of their breed. This group had the flared and punched out bored engines. Ready made canyon racer, and naturally the front spoiler (snowplow) got grenaded one evening by me, glass everywhere attempting to operate it on the streets! Ouch! The engine sold in the car was punched to about 370 cubic inches, and I blew it up. I think I had like 42 degrees of advance into it. Set the static in at about 20, and all in by 1800 rpms. I might have over did it a tad!

Walt Snow
. AP Class

Bob Connors/Wife Dodi who crashed it (this is the white car pictures with Laurie Tex, owned by her husband Steve Schwab, and raced SCCA against the Cavalier Club people). Hot Cars cover car, shot at Ontario Motor Speedway 1975.

Ward (don't remember his first name)j. ASR class.

Last edited by TCracingCA; 07-21-2019 at 05:15 PM..
Old 07-21-2019, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7065 (permalink)

Just so you know, any pics you post here will always be in the archives. I'm not advocation PP as a photo storage site, but what you post along with comment will always be here as long as the forums exist.

There must be a way to retrieve your pics. Not knowing, me thinks this might be another money grab to get you to send your pics to their cloud storage. I hope you can pull them back even if you have to have someone take the data off your phone. If you think you removed them permanently, chances are you really didn't. If might take the FBI....
Old 07-21-2019, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7066 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Just so you know, any pics you post here will always be in the archives. I'm not advocation PP as a photo storage site, but what you post along with comment will always be here as long as the forums exist.

There must be a way to retrieve your pics. Not knowing, me thinks this might be another money grab to get you to send your pics to their cloud storage. I hope you can pull them back even if you have to have someone take the data off your phone. If you think you removed them permanently, chances are you really didn't. If might take the FBI....
Thanks!

I work on the cars, so don't keep up on the technology stuff good. That is good to hear, as it takes forever for me to post up pictures. I tried to do video, but never could get the upload. Maybe my stuff is too slow, old. I have an iPhone 7 now, is the most modern device, and the others with pictures lost, were ruined by me doing stupid stuff. I had my iPhone 6 on the sofa, and sat down with dinner and it jumped into the full glass of soda, I had sat on the floor. As I plucked it out of the glass it rang, and killed the electronics, I guess. I had a Buffalo backup device, that would click and buzz all of the time, and I thought it was backing up everything I had, but I lost a Computer with 20K pictures of stuff I talk about, and tried to recover with that back up, and it wasn't doing what I thought it was supposed to be doing. I don't know what the noises were for, if it wasn't backing up my stuff.

On my Home Corvette Forum, Photo Bucket I think it was, took out everyone's pictures there, years ago. Thread after thread of lost pictures, in many many great historically about the times posts.

Porsche guys then are smarter than us Corvette guys!

PS- I was trying to see if I had anything on your really cool C1 Cobra beater build. No luck, so thanks for sharing a total *****in ride with us!!! That car is awesome, I wrote this in a thread, but the log in timed out, and I thought it posted, but it didn't, so I am repeating what I wrote before, complimenting your car! I have to learn how to do the emoji things too. It looks like you now can just click on like 12 of them to the right. Cool, it worked.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7067 (permalink)

Garage
I will end the evening, and go eat on the hope that one day, Playstation, XBox or similar replicates both Mulholland and my Turnbull Canyon. Anyone have connections????? And adding the emoji
Old 07-21-2019, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7068 (permalink)

TC, I sent a PM. No secrets, it's just some advice about photos.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7069 (permalink)

Garage
Darn! Like my Page 339 posts here, had a whole bunch of pictures uploaded, so people won't ever expect that again, Tiny Pics closing down was going to save me, be my excuse. But now everyone will know that I have been told how to continue posting pictures. Gee Thanks!

Luckily as more of a Corvette guy, my family had and has Porsches, and I had one, and now even added a new Formula Car build different than the picture I recently posted, a second Formula Car, as I figured out I could build from the spare parts, as we had a spare body, a whole othe car. So soon I will be a Porsche Owner again, and can visit other places here, branching out from OT.

As I like Porsche's too, I have tried to keep a good balance, trying to post adequate Porsche content to not become totally unpopular here.

My 1/18 scale Porsche collection is pretty impressive.

I added a GT3R and a Turbo S LM-GT to the collection this week. I think I am now up to about 200 cars (LeMans Winners, 911R, 911ST, 911S, 911 Targa, 73 RS, 73 RSR, 74 RS, 74 RSR, 74 RSR Turbo, 73 IROC, 76 934, 78 935, and on and on! I just wish I could enlarge them, and drive them.

Last edited by TCracingCA; 07-24-2019 at 05:22 PM..
Old 07-24-2019, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7070 (permalink)

Harry Mann

I found an unmolested soak and slide decal in my stash from my C1 days.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7071 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCracingCA View Post
I will end the evening, and go eat on the hope that one day, Playstation, XBox or similar replicates both Mulholland and my Turnbull Canyon. Anyone have connections????? And adding the emoji
I think someone is working on it....

https://youtu.be/_qTj5xjZYPU
Old 09-30-2019, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7072 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
I couple shots of Mulholland (Drive, by Bowmont, headed towards Grandstands) and Mul Highway in the Ford vs Ferrari movie. I enjoyed the flick. The racing scenes were typical Hollywood improbable. (How many more gears and throttle travel do these cars have?!) But it was a great story, and otherwise told well.
Old Today, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7073 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: