Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
States with contrib. neg. laws are few. I believe only VA, MD and DC and maybe one other have them. They state that if you're 1% responsible then your own insurance pays for your side. So, if you're a jaywalking pedestrian and get hit by a car, you can't sue the driver. My fiance got hit pretty hard while stopped to make a left turn. Cops found the other driver at fault and even gave her a ticket. Too bad. Other driver's insur. told my fiance they weren't gonna pay because her being on the road at all constituted 1% of responsibility. And since she didn't have collision, her car was totalled and she didn't get a dime out of it.
her own insurance company fuched her on this deal, her correct response would have been to sue the individual who hit her, and his insurance company. If these facts were correct and she could not, there would be no reason for anyone to ever carry insurance in that state.

I would see to it that everyone in the family knows exactly what these people have done and are doing

Old 06-09-2008, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)
Unregistered

The only thing you did wrong was to associate with idiots, relatives or not.
They are future darwin award winners and eventually will get what more of they deserve but you don't want to be there.
Stay away from people like that in the future.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
The only thing you did wrong was to associate with idiots, relatives or not....
But sometimes you don't know that until they ask you to hold their beer and "watch this"
Old 06-09-2008, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Its a jeep They should have known better. Some freinds eh

Old 06-20-2008, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: