Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARISC View Post
PM sent.
Thanks David, replied.

Just talked with the eBay seller. The car runs and drives, needs tires from sitting, but otherwise solid in terms of everything working. I got the distinct sense that I could go up there (without a trailer to maintain bargaining position) and get it for under $3K. One piece of bad news: no title. this is Maine afterall.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

David, let me know if I can help you make those wheels fit your car!! Call me if you are online, I can't find your number...

Cheers
Old 11-24-2007, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Shaun - I saw that car on eBay and looks like a great starting platform. I have been wrenching on Z cars for many years....I currently have two Z cars in my stable...if you need specific help I can HELP! I am currently and slowly rebuilding, restoring a '78 280Z I pulled out of a forest in April of '07. I also have a 400+whp 280ZX that is near compeltion. Good luck if you pick up this car. The rust is very manageable on it. The BEST forum online for the Z car is www.hybridZ.org.

Some pics....

My restoration project:

My current 400+whp project:

Potential to look like:

Regards - Yasin
Old 11-25-2007, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Thanks so much Yasin! Those are some serious projects, great forest find!

Hoping to go up to Augusta later this week and see it. I'm letting God's hand guide me on this one, meaning if the wheels sell and the car is as described, "it was meant to be."

Will keep you updated.

S
Old 11-25-2007, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

going up now to go see it.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow&rusty View Post

Potential to look like:

Regards - Yasin
Well, since you posted "potential to look like" pix, here are a couple stolen from other old Pelican threads I have saved because I LOVE the look of these cars. I had two 260Z's back in the day. I loved them both despite the fact they dont get as much "love" as the original 240's.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Dan you will be surprised in the Dastun Z community the 260s are loved by all. If it is a 2+2 auto well thats a whole other conversation!

Yasin
Old 12-01-2007, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

never got to see the car. the plan was to drive up to southern ME with a friend to get a 4Runner, leave there with the Toyota and go farther north to see the Z. Got VERY VERY VERY lost trying to get up to Augusta and when I finally found 95, decided to just head back after talking with the seller.

BTW, one big contributing factor to just turning around mad as hell is the small rust spot seen forward of the wheel. When talking with the seller the other day, he let me know that that spot had perforation and that the entire quarter had been replaced in the mid-70s after an accident, and MAY need some attention. that info was unfortunately not in the ad. probably why the first guy bailed.

No Z for me.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Garage
http://www.motorpasion.com/2006/12/29-datsun-z-car-asi-se-prepara-un-datsun-240z

"It smelled like German heaven"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ySt9SeZl9s
Old 12-01-2007, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
That link is a bit too ricey for me. Huge fart cans, too overdone flaresi n my opinion and bling to put you eye out in the engine compartment. I have no doubt its a fast, well handling car I just think the owner should have backed off the overall bling a couple of notches.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Although this is a later 280ZXT...Just sold my 944 to buy this..Bought it out of Cali and had it shipped to NJ..In the process of a nice street build..

Last edited by mitsumark; 12-01-2007 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: CHANGED PIC
Old 12-01-2007, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Nice red 280Zx Turbo....I happen to have one too....that is quicker than my modified 911 turbo!

Yasin
Old 12-01-2007, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Shaun, I had one in college, I wouldn't buy anything but a 240 ( never liked the 260's). I think you can get one cheaper from a warm state.. Pluse Orange is the color for those things LOL..
T
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 12-01-2007, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Yasin--Nice car..I could of swore Ive seen a video of it on Youtube??If it is the same car,,that thing sounds nasty(in a good way)..Im putting together a mild street car for now..You know the basics--T3/T4 at about 15psi,,3"exhaust,,huge front mount,,bigger fuel pump and pressure,ect..Im shooting for 250-280WHP on the factory ECU for now...Once I blow it up I'll prolly go SDS with a much bigger build...Im sure you'll eventually see me on Zcar and HybridZ asking for advise..Take care...
Old 12-01-2007, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Mitsumark - Thanks...With my ZX I am hoping to break 490whp when I return to the dyno is over a month or so...

HybridZ is the place to be, I am a veteran on there!

Those are some great upgrades for your car...12psi is all the stock ECU will handle as the stock injectors are only 265cc each (I am running 550cc's in mine), some guys have coaxed the AFM to handle the larger 330cc Mustang \ Turbo Coupe T-Bird injectors but the car runs rough with it.

As an aside I ran my stock engine (143,000 miles) at 12psi for many years and the car was simply blazingly fast. I had a front mount intercooler and a well made 3" exhaust (no cat. converter), walbro 255lp/h pump, Aeromotive FPR, plus a bunch of Autometer gauges to monitor things (stock T3 turbo!). Then the project got expensive and crazy!

BTW - one of my other loves is the TSI Starion!!! Always regret never buying one.

Regards - Yasin
Old 12-02-2007, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Thanks for the info..It seems I did my homework then..Your old setup sounds exactly like what Im using..Although it is nothing like your current build,,Im sure I will be happy with it for awhile after driving it bone stock since it arrived..As far as the Conquest/Starion,,this is for you...Ive been wrenching on them for 15 years..

Old 12-02-2007, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Garage
I have a 4bbl carb/intake don't know if it is off a 280 or 260.... would like to trade for a set of Zeniths for my 911 but if you don't have the Zeniths and need the carb just let me know.... just pay shipping.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Shaun,

Look for one down where I live, where we have no rust issue. Mechanical issues are a lot easier to fix than cancer in the frame/body.

Joe
2013 Jag XF, 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 2010 Jaguar XF (fast touring car), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 02-03-2008, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: