Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

Poll: have you done hallucinogens?
Poll Options
have you done hallucinogens?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Super Moderator

Garage
ppot drug poll v3: hallucinogens

part 3 of the series. Hallucinogens.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to slodave
Ahhh, 'cid. Had some good times. Never did care for how long it lasted though. Same for 'shrooms, but always had the feeling that I smelled like mushrooms and if around a shower, I was known for taking multiple showers and changing my clothes many times. I had one bad trip and that ended things. This was during college. Man, I could drink beer for the entire trip and never get a hangover!

No peyote. I know where I can get it, but have little interest these days.

'84 Targa - Arena Red - AX #104
'07 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Yes, I'm that guy...
'01 Toyota Corolla - Urban Camouflage - SOLD
Old 02-08-2008, 12:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Slackerous Maximus

Shrooms good. Me like shrooms. Big happy warm giggling messy fun.

LSD ok, but sometimes a bit to harsh. More of a hard edged electrical experience.

Enjoyed them in my youth, felt like a I learned a lot.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Slackerous Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slodave View Post
.Man, I could drink beer for the entire trip and never get a hangover!
My ability to consume beer and cigarettes while on LSD almost seemed to defy physics.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
durn for'ner

Nope. I hate loosing control over perseption. The occasional coke snack is riveting however.

Carrera '85
Old 02-08-2008, 12:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
what? me worry?

Ya left a few 3 letter acronyms off the list
Rudtners Racing

'69 911 GT-5
'75 914 GT-3
Authorised Haltech seller and installer
Authorised Unichip installer
BBS wheels
Fikse wheels
Redline motors oils
Swepco
1500 hp chassis dyno
Old 02-08-2008, 12:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Groucho Marxist

Garage
I went to college in Oregon, had the opportunity to eat mushrooms and liked it. You have to be in a safe place for that sort of recreation Markus. Perhaps even have a clear headed chaperone to keep you from doing anything too unwise.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Used Up User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobra View Post
You have to be in a safe place for that sort of recreation Markus. Perhaps even have a clear headed chaperone to keep you from doing anything too unwise.
Does parasailing on Negril beach count as a safe place? And then there was the infamous Toga night at Hedonism . . . ahhh, many moons ago . . .

But of course, these events are probably fictional & probably didn't really occur . . .

Ian

----- “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.” A. Einstein -----
Old 02-08-2008, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

I'm within biking distance of fields containing magic mushrooms. Just waiting for the spring.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
Mesc and a bottle of wine ='s all night woody.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
A tab of Red Baron, woodshop, your mom calling the school and finding out you've been cutting for the last two weeks will all make for a not so pleasing experience.

20 years later and I still can't watch woody woodpecker cartoons.

At least I can look at trees again.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
It's been many years, but there is nothing wrong with the occasional cap or stem.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Gon fix it with me hammer

Garage
what's my avatar ?
Old 02-08-2008, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
least common denominator

Funny how I was doing LSD and shrooms back in my 20's my (non drugie) friends all thought I was nuts.

Then when we got into our 30's it suddenly became cool and everyone started asking me what it was like.
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Double Trouble

Loved it. After you have tripped you look at everything in life a little differently. Forever. I could never do it now, these eyes have seem WAY too much. I suspect it would turn bummer real quick.

75 914 1.8
07 Dodge Caravan
Old 02-08-2008, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
if i had my way, i wouldn't bomb Iraq or Afghanistan, i'de have a big swarm of cropdusters, spraying a one day old batch of lsd right over the hotspots...
i would call that operation "WMNA" (What's My Name Again?!)

pretty sure it's cheaper and more effective then JDAM's
and a hellofalot more entertaining to watch
Old 02-08-2008, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by targa911S View Post
Loved it. After you have tripped you look at everything in life a little differently. Forever. I could never do it now, these eyes have seem WAY too much. I suspect it would turn bummer real quick.
i agree i don't wanna do another 500ng + hit like 2 years ago anytime soon
my life is to stressy now

but i'm sure i'll be right there when i'm old and mellow... sounds like the right thing to do
Old 02-08-2008, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Banned

Keeping the Peyote down was sometimes a challenge, had to eat it with honey, Mescaline was easier, Mushrooms made my face hurt. Amyl nitrate? made you think you could fly. I was smoking coke with some guys in the late 70s early 80s and the talk got around to a certain girl. The attitude was if she was there right then they would rather smoke the coke than do her. I quit and NEVER did it again.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardDrive View Post
Shrooms good. Me like shrooms. Big happy warm giggling messy fun.

LSD ok, but sometimes a bit to harsh. More of a hard edged electrical experience.

Enjoyed them in my youth, felt like a I learned a lot.
Same here. Last time was 15 years ago when we went to a Moody Blues concert. The 'shrooms really made the lights and music sound nice.

Did windowpane in college a couple of times. Not my cup of tea.
2013 Jag XF, 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 2010 Jaguar XF (fast touring car), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 02-08-2008, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered

All of the above. As a native Northwesterner, I whiled away many a listless afternoon grazing with the cows... Peyote was harder to come by, not doing well in the same climate as the liberty caps and blue ringers, so it had to be "imported".

What is it about beer and acid? I learned to never mix the two. Not so much because of any bad experiences (never had any); I just tired of breaking out the snow shovel the next moring to clear the living room of beer cans. It is truly frightening how much beer one can consume, with seemingly no affect whatsoever, when on that stuff.

"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 02-08-2008, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: