Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
durn for'ner

Three Years A For'ner Pelican.

Thanks for having me.

I have learned so much. Before signing up here I had never even changed the oil in any car. Now I do all the regular service and random upgrades myself. ALL THANKS TO YOU GUYS. I highly value my new found basic knowledge of how a car works. Makes me feel more like a man - really. The doctor thing is pretty lame in comparison.

I have had more interesting debates and insights with you guys, than in my 'real' life. You make up a very comprehensive extension of my social community. I learn about your country everyday. Everything from politics to drug habits via religion and grid girls.

90% of good laughing (by my lonesome) has come from reading Pelican posts.

How tragic and pathetic isn´t that for a life.

You guys are outstanding and you will just have to bear with me proclaiming it out loud like this!

Cheers all the way from a southern Sweden, that actually seem to harvest some of that much spoken global warming this winter. Clearly milder temps and the grass is already starting to grow. I look forward to an early spring wake up for my beloved Carrera and at least three more years a Pelican.

Carrera '85
Old 02-09-2008, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Just remember, Porsche's look best with a Blond nurse in the passenger seat!
Old 02-09-2008, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
Especially while you explain to the blond nurse what the role of a "fluffer" is... then she proceeds to practice while you are driving!

Marcus, am heading back to London tomorrow and if we get near Sweden will give you a shout! Will try to bring some nice warm weather and sunshine from Arizona with me!

Joe
2013 Jag XF, 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 2010 Jaguar XF (fast touring car), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 02-09-2008, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DavidB911
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
and post many pics...

theres no place to learn about a car than a car forum.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Great post Livi. You've always been a wealth of information and insight in your posts and always very polite and cordial. Maybe less of a forn'er than some others.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
I still remember your first post here.

One look at those shoes and I knew we were dealing with someone special
Old 02-09-2008, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

least common denominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigster59 View Post
Great post Livi. You've always been a wealth of information and insight in your posts and always very polite and cordial. Maybe less of a forn'er than some others.
My thoughts exactly!

Livi, I find it amusing that you are always apologizing for your English when you do better that half of the Americans!

I also appreciate you showing us durn 'mericans a little taste of the European mind set.

Thanks!

A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
marcus, you've always been a durn f'orner...doncha know?? seriously, you add a great deal to this forum. it's quite apparent that you're 'great people' and my kind of guy (not that there's anything wrong with that..)
1974 911 2.7 Coupe w/sunroof 9114102267 (sold) 1974 914 2.0 (sold)
Old 02-09-2008, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Hey Marcus, its been a pleasure. I do hope life brings our paths close enough to cross one dya.

I was born a rightie but now I'm a leftie.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered Loser

Hey man, don't underrate the doctor thing. You pretty much saved me from having a heart attack last Fall. Obviously I appreciate it!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Gon fix it with me hammer

Garage
Livi, i think it's time for some kind of initiation ritual

i think you need to disassemble your car, every nut and bolt
throw it all in one big pile, and then reassemble it again without using any workshop manuals

it's a coming of age, spiritual thing
and now is the time to do it, summer is not yet there, but it's close enough to bring enough performance pressure to really make this event meaningful

we got yo back !
Old 02-09-2008, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
durn for'ner

Thank you each and everyone very much for your kind words. Almost spooky how much it means to me despite never having met any of you.

Can´t believe my old classic red racing clogs are still remembered!

Carrera '85
Old 02-09-2008, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
least common denominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by livi View Post
Now I do all the regular service and random upgrades myself.
Hey now... don't you know that all new Porsche owners have their service done at the local Porsche dealership and pay about a thousand bucks and hour labor.

Get with the program!
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Friend of Warren

Marcus I, for one, am glad that you joined our group!
Old 02-09-2008, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Canadian Member

Garage
Markus,
Happy Annivesary.
It is pathetic, but what'ya gonna do?
I find myself telling other people about this/that posting on PPOT, its kinda scary.
Reality is, there's alot of accountability on this board, good people and a wide range of knowledge and experience. Always something to learn, enjoy or participate in.

I love the fact that you're so down to earth, its very grounding for most, I'm sure.
Your a great poster and a distant friend, buddy. I always take the time to read what YOU post! Most of the time its amusing, but I love the wisdom that you often share too.

See ya around,
Cheers!

Last edited by 911Rob; 02-09-2008 at 10:45 PM..
Old 02-09-2008, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
19 years and 17k posts...

Garage
Markus,

It's been fun getting to know you (well, as much as we can know each other without meeting).
www.ford.com
Old 02-09-2008, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
We Were Always Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmandue View Post
My thoughts exactly!

Livi, I find it amusing that you are always apologizing for your English when you do better that half of the Americans!
So true, I was just on the Swedish BMW website letting them know, "där er en ny sheriff i stad".

Livi, you are always välkomnande.

“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." – Winston Churchill
Old 02-09-2008, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Marcus have you ever thought of moving to the US? It seems you could make a bunch more money here. Docs like you here drive new 997 Turbo's. If I recall you are a kid doc. You could live just about anywhere you wanted.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Registered ConfUser

Markus...don't underestimate the "doc" thing. Anyone can plunk down a few bucks and buy a Porsche. Not anyone can save the life of a child. Just a few weeks ago, you offered a few words of encouragement when we were terrified that our 13 year old had a headache and numbness (remember?). Your comments were exactly consistent with our follow-up with his pediatrician. He's just fine.

Lots of resources here on the ol' BBS. You are among the best of them. Happy Anniversary.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Monkey with a mouse

Markus:

I always enjoy your thoughts, enlightened viewpoints and reasonable nature.

I came across this last night and thought of you - is it accurate?:

Best,

Kurt

Last edited by kstar; 02-09-2008 at 06:14 PM..
Old 02-09-2008, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: