Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   New Jersey residents, travelers or visitors alert (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/394053-new-jersey-residents-travelers-visitors-alert.html)

fast911ray 02-21-2008 04:03 AM

New Jersey residents, travelers or visitors alert

Starting today New Jersey will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy.
The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers' overtime. There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways. They are the following:
> I-295 north and south
> 1-95 (Jersey Turnpike) north and south
> 1-80 east and west
> I-287 north and south
> I-78 east and west
> 1-195 east and west
> 1-280 east and west
> Rt. 130 north and south
> Garden State Parkway north and south 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and w rite a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes.

They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and are bringing in all of their part timers on full time. If you work in NJ, NY, DE or CT you will probably take one of these highways. It's up to you how fast you are going when t hey clock you.
101.5 FM confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.
Driving Ticket fine increase in NJ:
Starting on August 15th, the price of a ticket for violation of NJ
Law39:3-29 (failure to show your driver's license, registration, or
insurance card at the time you are stopped) is going from $44.00 to
$173.00. Please make sure your vehicles have the proper documents in them. If you jump in the car to run to the store and forget your wallet with your license in it and you are stopped.... Oh well... you just spent $173. And the fine for not having all three documents is $519!!!
Forward to people in NJ, and let them know of this change.

And be careful, the fine for hand held cell phone use while driving will be go ing up to $180.00.

Buckterrier 02-21-2008 04:08 AM

Ct. is doing the same thing.

mitsumark 02-21-2008 04:18 AM

Wow--Thanks for the heads up..However,I could of sworn the legal extortion was already taking place in this state..Geeze..Is there any hope for another revolution??People are really getting fed up and its only a matter of time before someone snaps...

Joeaksa 02-21-2008 04:27 AM

Wonder if those living in NJ will remember this when the elections come along?

I would start writing letters to your reps NOW and remind them when the next elections are due.

Jeff Higgins 02-21-2008 04:44 AM

Now if everyone who gets ticketed demands their day in court, with the citing officer and the prosecutor present, and in front of a jury if possible...

targa911S 02-21-2008 04:56 AM

Hoax!

VINMAN 02-21-2008 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeaksa (Post 3782524)
Wonder if those living in NJ will remember this when the elections come along?

I would start writing letters to your reps NOW and remind them when the next elections are due.

People in NJ dont vote. Thats why our state is in the mess it isin. Nobody gives a $hit!:mad:

mitsumark 02-21-2008 05:13 AM

Joe,,It doent matter..One gangster comes out--another goes in.People here have lost hope....With all the blatant robbing,,stealing,,and extortion going on in this state I cant believe the Federal government hasnt stepped in and put a stop to this..Im not one to buy into everything I hear..But listening to NJ101.5 will really open peoples eyes as they expose the massive amounts of corruption going on in this state--and they back it with proof..Everything is out of control..We are being taxed out the arse while more than half of the state officials are holding multiple job titles(most at a 6 figure incomes)and collecting multiple pensions for jobs that they never once reported to..Our roads and bridges are in horrid conditions,,the state deficit is through the roof,,and on top of it all we have to worry about these "sharks"that are hiding behind every bridge with a POP gun,,roadside seatbelt and inspection checks,ect.We are being legally extorted by the very people we pay.I dont blame the cops though..I blame the pricks in congress that sit around all day thinking up most of these ridiculous laws..In a way I kinda feel bad for the cops as they are just pawns that are forced to carry out the orders given to them by these snakes..Another sad part is that they dont realize they are slowly robbing the freedoms of themselves,their childrens,,and so on...I hope they are proud..

mitsumark 02-21-2008 05:16 AM

UPDATE--No hoax...My wife just called me and said the State Police have about 25 cars pulled over on 287N right after a construction zone with a 45mph speed limit...Watch your back fellow Jersians...

Vin--Your right..Thats because after working 10-12 hours a day(sometimes more),,then having to come home to care for children and family its kinds hard to have the energy to do anything else..And as I stated above--Alot of people have truly lost hope of anyone coming to our rescue..It seems that anyone who steps into our political forum are filled with false promises and extortion schemes(spelling?)

dafischer 02-21-2008 05:24 AM

The Garden State my ass. More like The Revenue State.

berettafan 02-21-2008 05:27 AM

too bad. you guys have some beautiful country in the s. of your state.

frogger 02-21-2008 05:38 AM

ray, what's up with the four threads for this topic? Too much caffiene racing through your system when you clicked the Reply button? :D

RickM 02-21-2008 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berettafan (Post 3782582)
too bad. you guys have some beautiful country in the s. of your state.

Quite a bit north as well.

Our wonderful governor is at it again. From wanting to install tolls on route 80 and other main corridors to considering equal rights for illegals. He's pushing even more people and businesses out while creating a haven for those who contribute the least.

This guy is a real piece of work....and for the record I voted against him.

BTW, wasn't the "no documents" fine raised recently?

carambola 02-21-2008 05:46 AM

LIDAR on the turnpike SmileWavy

VINMAN 02-21-2008 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickM (Post 3782605)
Quite a bit north as well.

This guy is a real piece of work....and for the record I voted against him.

BTW, wasn't the "no documents" fine raised recently?

Me neither! Corzine is truely gonna be the death of this state.

Youre right Rick, the fine was raised up from $35 up to $175

NW NJ is the most beautiful part of the state. It's like being in another world.

onewhippedpuppy 02-21-2008 05:52 AM

No wonder one of my former roommates hates living in NJ.

The Gaijin 02-21-2008 06:08 AM

Big thing on the news about a rise in tolls. That would be OK to fund roads - user pays you know.. But it is to be used to fund other budget shortfalls. I thought New York was bad...

NICKG 02-21-2008 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VINMAN (Post 3782613)
NW NJ is the most beautiful part of the state. It's like being in another world.

yes it sure is..and they are doing more enforcement..i saw 13 troopers this morning between rt 15 and rt 287..and that is only a 7 mile stretch! 5 sitting in a group at 2 spots and 3 on the ramp at 287..
it is ok, i don't speed too bad (I go in the flow of traffic) and generally chill out listening to my ipod, it is my comfort time where i get to relax and listen to my tunes so an extra 10 minutes is cool

The way that the corzine administration has gone about this "toll increase" is a smoke screen to what they really want top do..raise the gas tax. they make the toll scenario so bad that people will just agree to take the "lessor" of the taxes and agree willingly to the gas tax...plainly obvious that was the plan to anyone who looks at it really.
you guys are right they must hate 101.5..but not as much as when Cartyon was there..he was viscious to them.

VINMAN 02-21-2008 10:39 AM

Rt 195 is the worst place to speed in NJ It is the new troopers training ground.
You have the station in Allenwood on one end, and the station in Hamilton on the other. A few weeks ago a trooper pulls up alongside me. I was doing 65 in the right lane. He stayed along side me and paced me for 8 miles.

Corzine simply refuses to cut any govenrment spending up high. He just keeps threatening to cut lower level services. Motor vehicle offices, State parks school aide.etc, etc... Meanwhile Rutgers State Univerity purchased a AS350 helicopter to fly the football coach around the state to recruit players. WTF???:mad:
Not that I want to see ANY of our taxes going up, especially to pay for our dirtbags politicians misspending, but increasing the tolls will not solve it.