Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Family Values

Women.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt
Old 05-31-2008, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Insert Tag Line HERE.....

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rattlsnak
Sounds like she has "plans" for your mouth and was making sure it was going to be OK,. LOL!

Yep, you messed this one up....
Old 05-31-2008, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Bye, Bye.

Jeff, you are so insensitive!
Old 05-31-2008, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

I feel for you Jeff...

Old 05-31-2008, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered abUser

Garage
[QUOTE=jeffgrant;3975497]I feel for you Jeff...

That's nice, but his wife won't be!
Old 05-31-2008, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
abit off center

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to cgarr
Remember it only takes a few seconds to open profound wounds in those you love.......................and it can take many years to heal them.
Twinplug, head work, case savers, rockers arms, etc.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Used User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lendaddy View Post
[wife is gone for a full week, other side of country. Your first words upon her return......]

"Uh.... what??" I'm kinda busy right now. Can't you see I'm trying to get this done?"

Classic! You guys make your own beds I swear. No cratch for you, two weeks!
Did sound a little snippy, huh. Maybe, "Just a second, hon, I'll be right out. I'm feeling fine. How was your trip?"
Old 05-31-2008, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Jeffy Jeffy Jeffy..Ya shoulda jumped up from underneath the car and gave her a great big hug and told her how much ya missed her and loved her...Now you will be lucky to get any for the next ........
Wow, I actually agree with Tabs on this one. Clue: the issue wasn't your mouth. She wanted to know that you missed her and wanted to spend time with her. The dental this was just something to get the conversation started. You sent the message that you didn't care that she returned. Talking to a woman about feelings is a turn-on like her wearing a scanty bathing suit is to a guy.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Honestly. Working on brakes is more important than your spouse.

It's not an issue of wifely behavior at all - it's just freaking common courtesy. If I was under my car and a friend that was out of town for a week stopped by, I'd drag my butt out from under the car, make eye contact and say hello.

It's not about an act, or what you have to say or do to play the "husband game". It's about extending common courtesy to another human being.

If my wife blatantly ignored me (as you did) after I was out of town for a day, much less a week, I'd be worried that I was very far down the totem pole of priorities in her life.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
I think that answer is obvious...you shoulda rolled out from under the car and talked to her. The brakes could have waited...

Now, go buy some flowers and tell her you are sorry so you can get lucky tonight!

1984 911 coupe
Old 05-31-2008, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathans_Dad View Post
Now, go buy some flowers and tell her you are sorry so you can get lucky tonight!
Perpetual bachelor for this very reason. The day I have to bribe some house-frau to give up a slice, is the day I pay for it.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

I do the same thing, Jeff and I pay for it. Still learning after 31 years, and getting better.

+1 to what Rick and tabs said
Old 05-31-2008, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Registered

I did say "hello" as soon as she was out of her car; it wasn't like I totally ignored her. In spite of my Pelican persona, I'm actually not that big of an ass. Close, though.

My wife travels a lot. She is gone at least a week, if not more, out of every month. We speak several times a day while she is gone, and especially every evening. In our 23 years of marriage, we have certainly learned how to communicate.

She just seems to have a hard time sometimes with the "when". When I'm under the car, with dirt in my eyes, bleeding knuckles, and whatnot is usually not a good time to discuss anything unrelated to that with me. I'm funny that way.

I do make lots of time for my wife. We remain "best friends" after all of these years and really enjoy each other's company. She is witty, intelligent, and able to put up with me. Most of the time. It's just that sometimes we get focussed on different things, and when we do, she has a hard time understanding my immediate priority may not be her immediate priority. She can have a hard time "shelving" things for a more appropriate time.

I don't do that to her. I would never interrupt her when she is focussed on some important task, like doing my laundry, cooking my dinner, cleaning my house, or whatever. I show her greater respect than that, and allow her to complete what is important to her before I bother her with my concerns. Even if it concerns her health and well being. I just couldn't imagine interrupting, say, her vacuuming with something like "honey, how is your back?" or some other such distraction. I guess guys are just wired different.
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 05-31-2008, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Higgins View Post

I don't do that to her. I would never interrupt her when she is focussed on some important task, like doing my laundry, cooking my dinner, cleaning my house, or whatever.
You are smooth, I can tell!
Old 05-31-2008, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Registered

I think it's gonna be awhile before you are allowed to make a personal deposit of Brake Fluid!!!
1960 Mercedes 190SL
1962 XKE Roadster (sold) - 13 motorcycles
Old 05-31-2008, 09:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
B58/732

If I were you I would've jumped out from under the car and given her a big hug.

Whilst making sure to grab her ass with my greasy, dirty hands.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
You are smooth, I can tell!

Q: Why are wedding dresses white?
A: So they'll match most other major appliances.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeCleElum View Post
I think it's gonna be awhile before you are allowed to make a personal deposit of Brake Fluid!!!

Have you heard about the discovery of a substance that reduces a womans sex drive? It's called "wedding cake"...
Old 06-01-2008, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff Higgins View Post
....i Don't Do That To Her. I Would Never Interrupt Her When She Is Focussed On Some Important Task, Like Doing My Laundry, Cooking My Dinner, Cleaning My House, Or Whatever. I Show Her Greater Respect Than That, And Allow Her To Complete What Is Important To Her Before I Bother Her With My Concerns. Even If It Concerns Her Health And Well Being. I Just Couldn't Imagine Interrupting, Say, Her Vacuuming With Something Like "honey, How Is Your Back?" Or Some Other Such Distraction. I Guess Guys Are Just Wired Different.
Lol
Old 06-01-2008, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Unregistered

I would have held my hand up and said talk to it.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: