Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Iron Maiden! (just got back)

On the heels of Minkoff's Iron Maiden post, I just wanted to say that I just got back from tonight's show just outside Seattle. First time ever seeing them. I've been centered around blues since the early 90's, so not a lot of Metal in my life...
Maiden played a bit over two hours.

It's hard to believe that , at 50 years old, Bruce Dickinson's Air Raid Siren voice does not seem to have deteriorated much, if at all.
And he's energetic as hell onstage, too. Running and leaping all over the stage like he's still 20. I hope I can do that when I'm 50. Heck, at this rate, I hope I can still wipe myself at 50...

Maiden put on an awesome show. Pretty sure it was sold out. The giant Eddie mummy was cool, as well at the 15 foot or so stage-walking Eddie. Pyro was great. Backdrops changed...main set decor was Powerslave.

Overall, the tempo was a bit slower than the frenetic pace of Live After Death, but not as slow as the studio albums I've heard (I tend to avoid the studio works because I find them not frenetic enough, and quite "dry") but it was a good pace.

Bruce remarked that they'll be releasing a new album soon, and going back out on tour to support it.
I'll be there again. They'd betteer come back for it...

'09 Cayman - Grey - bought 9-8-20
Old 06-03-2008, 12:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Lil Black Car
I saw them about four years ago in Rio. They do out on a great show. I think the only group I have enjoyed more is Pink Floyd, who while the energy level is a lot lower has to have the best stage presence out there. Either way it is a good way to spend an evening.

91' RUF 965 Turbo 3.3l
Euro spec
19" Rims
6-speed
Dyno'ed at 480 ponies

It never fails. Just as you are passing the Ferrari, some blue haired grandmother in a station wagon sneaks in behind you flashing her lights cuz you're too slow!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: