Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

need small inkjet printer

I need a small inkjet printer for 8-1/2 x 11 paper but not very tall. Any ideas?

Old 06-05-2008, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BlueSideUp
We have an HP1200 that is pretty small at 6.5" tall x 17" wide and 10" deep
Old 06-05-2008, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

HP is hard to beat. Check the weekend newspapers for adverts. They almost give you the printers then screw you with the ink cartridges. Refill them or buy the generic replacements. Worked for me for years.
2013 Jag XF, 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 2010 Jaguar XF (fast touring car), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 06-05-2008, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
Buy a computer, they'll give you a printer for free.

Personally I think Ink Jets are the worst thing to happen to computing.

Epson is the worst, they "estimate" how much ink is left. Every one I pull out sounds like it's still a 1/3rd full.

aarrggghhh!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Friend of Warren

I use a Canon i80 bubble jet when I am on the road. About 12" wide 8" deep and 2" tall when closed or if you snap the cover/paper feeder off when open.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Dog-faced pony soldier

Garage
Do not under any circumstances get a Kodak All-in-one. I haven't even had this miserable POS for a month and already I think it's dead (not just the ink cartridges, which I've replaced at rather substantial expense, this thing is DEAD - as in "will not print"). If it is, I'm going to beat the piss out of it in my back alley with my Louisville Slugger, Office Space style (yes, I'll video it) and go buy a color laserjet. It WILL be the last g-damn inkjet I ever own. I can't stand the damn things anymore. I don't shive a git if the laser toners are $200. They last and they work. Which is more than I can say about the inkjets I've owned over the years (good sometimes, terrible some other times, a rip-off in terms of cost-per-sheet).

Black Cars Matter
Old 06-05-2008, 10:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Jeff, you make me laugh. sorry

Kurt, that is exactly what I am looking for. thanks
Old 06-05-2008, 10:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I too have the Canon portable, it is a good little printer.

But I won't buy another inkjet, except for specialized tasks like photos. The ink is such a ripoff, and is always running out. The paper trays seldom hold enough. They are s-l-o-w.

Mono lasers are cheap now, $100. Color lasers are even affordable. Toner cartridges last and last. My first printer was a HP LaserJet, bought back in the early 1990s I think, and it was the best printer I've ever owned, by far.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: