Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Family Vendetta's-

Yeah, my mothers' family were basically McCoy's: they battled everyone. Their name was NOT McCoy, nor was it "Hatfield"...but you get the idea. A huge North Carolina family, there were 15 children, and my grandmother was famous in Fairview for chasing the principal of her kid's school up and down the hallway with a broom until the Sheriff showed up and arrested her.

She was also famous for beating up my grand-dad outside of pool halls in Asheville....but that's another story.

On occasion, my grandparents got into fights with their neighbors. They usually just beat each other up, and then when the dust settled, they drank illegal home-brew alcohol together, and had dinner. That's how people settled things in rural western North Carolina in the 1950's.

These days? We are quick to call our attorneys and sue each other. I had a run-in last summer with a neighbor. He and his wife were openly feeding the feral iguanas that live along the canal behind our house. One day in July, I climbed into my kayak and engaged him 10 feet from my dock. I asked him not the feed wild animals, and he told me that it is "My yard and we will do whatever the hell we want with the animals." When I told him that the lizards are doing thousands of dollars worth of damage to my plants each year, his response was "Not my problem". He was holding a Heineken bottle, and he was so drunk that he was swaying when he said this. Nevertheless, he called the police on me, and the MAN came to my house. After I explained what went on, he left my house and spent 30 minutes talking to that guy. When he came back, he told me that the ******* accross the canal was threatening to get a restraining order against me, prohibiting me from coming within 100 feet of his dock. I told him to tell the bastard that I'd get one keeping him 300 feet from mine! I doubt the officer said that, but he came back to my house after talking to him. Basically, he told me that if he says anything to me at all that I don't care for, then I was to call him on his cellphone, and he gave me the number. Community policing! Police officers in my town earn upwards of $135,000 per year.

NOW: Let us examine the Republican war in Iraq. Republican George HW Bush inherited a world as President where the Soviet empire was crumbling. Since the main threat to world peace, the push for communism, had disintegrated in front of us...this Republican President thought that now was the time for a world with "no dictators". A reasonably intelligent man, he didn't go out of his way to remove the various governing filth from the world. But when Saddam Hussein [actually an ally of the United States] unexpectedly invaded and annexed Kuwait...Bush 41 went to work. He sent the US military into Kuwait after 6 MONTHS of bargaining with the silly, stupid butteater known as Saddam Hussein. Iraqi forces were run out of Kuwait like they were hired security guards, and every time I've flown into Kuwait the flight engineers have always told me "That road over there, the one that goes into the desert? That was what we called the road of death. We just went down there with gunships and hammered them into bits and pieces!"

But now let's examine the actions of the Republican government in power:

The principal of the Republican party, dubya Bush, attacked and so far has spent close to $1 trillion (!) Hello? dollars on a war that he said needed to be waged because he thought that Saddam Hussein had "weapons of mass destruction" Saddam had none of these. And the dubya government had NO evidence of this.

Saddam Hussein was a butteater of the highest magnitude. And he let his two boys run rampant. They were spoiled brats, and when they became adults they became monsters. Just like Saddam, they really deserved to be killed. Uday was famous for loving hot cars, and when he saw a 928 in the early '90's, he ordered it "impounded" and he drove it himself for a few years! The owner was never prosecuted. He was never compensated either- basically, Uday told the owner that he was now the owner. Good by....unless you want to be shot!

But family vendetta? Saddam threatened GHW Bush's life via assasination threat, but he never actually sent assasins after Bush 41. It was all just posturing by a worthless idiot.

DUBYA didn't think that! During the first week of the current Republican admistration, the current Republican posited with his cabinet about attacking Iraq. A country that in no way, shape, or form threatened us.

Sorry folks: That is a FAMILY vendetta. Republicans [the party of John McCain] are willing spend TRILLIONS of dollars if they think someone has attempted to insult their father. McCain, the war hero....spent how many years in a Vietnamese prision?

Is he going to take us back into Vietnam? How do we know that he wont?

N!

Old 06-06-2008, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

What a load of...
Old 06-06-2008, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

You have entirely too much time on your hands.

Living and Thriving
Old 06-06-2008, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
What a load of...
What a load of WHAT NEEDS to be said! You'd be saying it if dubya the silly and stupid was a Democrat. Bill Clinton got a little sex in the White House. What happened? Get real.

N!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprsh924 View Post
You have entirely too much time on your hands.
That was a song by "Styx". The bass guitarist from that band lives near me.

N!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normy View Post
That was a song by "Styx". The bass guitarist from that band lives near me.

N!
Chuck Panazzo. The wife knows him and my mom was supposed to go to New Years Eve at his place.

Ever go to the Octoberfest in Oakland Park?

My mom runs the Main St renovation project and puts on the Octoberfest every year.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Normy's been drinking and surfing again and is starting to chanel WI Wide Body.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Evolved

QUOTE: "She was also famous for beating up my grand-dad outside of pool halls in Asheville...."

Damn, we coulda' just sent the Grand-mom over and let her handle Saddam!

Family Vendetta?? You need to read all the threads Normy. It (war) was ALL ABOUT OIL son! Pretty obvious to anyone paying attention. Bush (and his cronies) went in to get ALL their oil. Now that we have it, look how much surplus we have and how the price has dropped. (wait... what??...prices are where???)

And the pallets of cash that disappeared? ...well those were spent to get that P.O.S. 928 running again!

Last edited by Mo_Gearhead; 06-06-2008 at 10:04 PM..
Old 06-06-2008, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Detached Member

Take out the 12 ga. and start thinning the lizards, I don't see the problem.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

iguanas taste like chicken

iguanas are george bush's fault
send the iguanas to nam
Old 06-07-2008, 12:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Gon fix it with me hammer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh R View Post
Take out the 12 ga. and start thinning the lizards, I don't see the problem.
i'de suggest bullets and scope
you don't want buckshot clattering the opposite neighbors windows, that might not go down well
Old 06-07-2008, 12:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Banned

In Costa Rica I used a good pellet rifle with a scope. Head shots. Not for real Iguanas, for the trash lizards called Garobos. Brown/gray and ugly.

Normy needs to get laid, he is a little too tense.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Registered

Can you get a restraining order on the iguanas?
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 06-07-2008, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Danned

Garage
I stopped readin when it got worldly...

BUT:

1. I would off the iguanas - they are good eatin'
animal control or the state wildlife dept. might do a number on them too

2. re "restraining order against me, prohibiting me from coming within 100 feet of his dock."
I'd bet money that the waterway is navigable (there are different definitions of that but kayakable fits most of them). That would mean it is a "public highway" and nobody can prevent anybody from using it. Don't land on his dock tho. That would be trespass.

You may be able to pave over the trouble with your neighbor (after eating the iguanas) - esp. if you are the man and take the first step. Try to catch him when he's not drunk and give some sort of nebulous apology. See if he reciprocates and backs down a bit.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyGon View Post
In Costa Rica I used a good pellet rifle with a scope. Head shots. Not for real Iguanas, for the trash lizards called Garobos. Brown/gray and ugly.

Normy needs to get laid, he is a little too tense.

Too bad he doesn't like girls

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 06-08-2008, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
this thread needed a "long" warning in the title. i wished i had that 5 minutes of my life back.

T$

Old 06-08-2008, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: