Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Dog-faced pony soldier

Garage
Celtics

In six.

That's my prediction anyway.

Should be interesting to see what happens when the series comes back here to L.A. but for one, I'm looking forward to Kobe the Whining Rapist and his band of goons getting beaten on their home court in at least one of the next three games.

I don't think the Celtics will be sitting on their laurels with big leads anymore in the finals after tonight though. They almost blew it after flat-out manhandling the Lakers the entire game.

Black Cars Matter
Old 06-08-2008, 10:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Boston transplant?

Historically, the Celtics have been the goons, but they've got the boards up til now. If the Lakers are going to make an impact, they have to get some rebounds and play better defense inside the paint.

Sherwood
Old 06-09-2008, 01:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Dont forget, the Celtics suck on the road. At least in the playoffs. I'm pulling for them, but if they will it all, it will be at home.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Dog-faced pony soldier

Garage
Yes I'm a Boston transplant of sorts. I grew up in New England (assuming one considers me "grown up"). But I've also lived in Florida, Chicago, Oregon, Los Angeles and now here. Grew up watching the Celtics/Lakers rivalry as a kid in Boston - pretty awesome. I remember being at the Game #7 of the Conference playoffs in 1982 as a kid when Dr. J and the 76ers were beating the Celtics to advance to the Finals against the Lakers and the entire crowd rooting on the 76ers to "Beat L.A." Never will forget that - it struck me as truly sportsmanlike, even though I was maybe 10 or 11. Unfortunately the 76ers lost, but at the time it was just cool. Next best thing to a win was to root for the team that was good enough to beat the Celtics.

I just can't rally behind this Lakers team - even living here in SoCal now. Even in the last few years when they were good (with or without Shaq) and the Celtics were non-existent, I couldn't really follow 'em. They just seem like a bunch of full-of-themselves, sensationalist goons. Especially Kobe. The guy's a talented player but he's a spoiled brat and a rapist. I can't stand it when people try and draw parallels between him and Michael Jordan. He's no Michael. MJ had class. Kobe has none. MJ elevated the entire game and those around him - both those on his team and on the opposing team, and I don't just mean their basketball. Their overall sportsmanship rose too. It was something to behold (I lived in Chicago during the height of the MJ era, which was fun to watch). Kobe is no MJ. Not by a longshot. He's got talent, but that's all.

I think the Celtics take one of the next three on the road and finish this in Game #6 at home.

Black Cars Matter
Old 06-09-2008, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to DavidB911
Kobe is a different version of MJ. Hes mainly the early MJ where he takes the ball himself since he doesn't have the teammates 23 had. He is the League MVP for a reason. It will be a long time until a team is as good as the 95 and 96 Bulls. They were much better than everyone else and they knew it.

This is basketball where only about the last 5 minutes matters anyways.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB911 View Post
Kobe is a different version of MJ....
I guess I qualify as a different version too then . IMO, Kobe can't even be considered close to being the greatest Laker ever...comparing him to Jordan is almost laughable. Kobe isn't even in the same league a the other Laker "MJ" as far a "best ever" and Jordan was above them all...bar none. The Laker's blew their chances when the comeback failed last night (great effort btw) and this series will be over by game 6.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: