Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
(the shotguns)

Messerschmitt made a car?!

Visited on of the firms partners recently and got a quick tour of his micro-car collection. I wasn't prepared camera-wise so please excuse the horrible pics.

This Messerschmitt was by far the coolest (and in beautiful condition despite the dust)

Well i had #6 adjusted perfectly but then just before i tightened it a butterfly in Zimbabwe farted and now i have to start all over again!
I believe we all make mistakes but I will not validate your poor choices and/or perversions and subsidize the results your actions.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

LOL, I'm old enough to have seen these on the road,
remember VW's that when you signaled=a stalk would emerge from doorpost.

Rika
Old 06-10-2008, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikao4 View Post

Rika
Rika - Yeah I remember those on Morris Minors back in the UK - I think they were called "trafficators"!!

I always thought some of the micro-cars were pretty neat - looks like an interesting collection, thanks for sharing.
66 Jaguar MKII - Sherwood Green
09 VW GTI - Candy White
Old 06-10-2008, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
(the shotguns)

the woody wagon is a mini cooper and very cool as well.

the guy loves these cars and drives all of them. has others i didn't get pics of. i only had a 50mm lense and the garages were quite crowded!
Well i had #6 adjusted perfectly but then just before i tightened it a butterfly in Zimbabwe farted and now i have to start all over again!
I believe we all make mistakes but I will not validate your poor choices and/or perversions and subsidize the results your actions.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
(the shotguns)

a few more....

The above car (fiberglass body) was interesting as well. The owner told me it was one of the most dangerous things he ever drove on the street (he drove it home when he bought it IIRC) and was very unstable.

above is the dash on the mini cooper wagon

this was the interior of another car that was similar to the BMW but i can't recall exactly what it was. amazing condition though.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Dornier (they who also manufactured WWII bombers) and a company called Gogomobiel also made cars that looked a lot similiar to the Isotta. That last car might have been one of these?

I'd absolutely love to own any one of them!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

(the shotguns)

Dornier sounds right Wm.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikao4 View Post

Rika
Semaphore

Various VWs
Old 06-10-2008, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Un Chien Andalusia

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by berettafan View Post
the woody wagon is a mini cooper and very cool as well.

I don't want to be overly pernickity, but technically it would be a Austin Seven Countryman or a Morris Mini Minor Traveller. The Austin/Morris versions were basically the same with slightly different trim and badging. The Coopers were the higher performance versions and were generally only the sedan version. The Contryman/Traveller, affectionatly known as woody wagons, would be the plain old vanilla engine, probably a 848cc, 998cc, or the longer stroke 1098cc with drum brakes on all four corners.

Would I love one of those over here right now!
1998 986 Boxster - Black - SOLD
1984 944 - Red - SOLD
Old 06-10-2008, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
(the shotguns)

this IS the place to be correct about car id's!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: