Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims5543 View Post
Its amazing, 3 races ago Hambone was a doofus that could not get it right and now 2 wins later he is Senna.
That's F1 in a nutshell.

Recall that the tifosi wanted Massa's head at the beginning of the season, then he won a few races and they settled down. Now he isn't winning and they want his head again. Raikonen seems to get a free pass being reigning F1 champ.

It's as if the fans (of any team) are constantly saying the following quote to the drivers:

"That's nice, but what have you done for me today?"

Old 07-21-2008, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

chris - truer words could not be spoken.

I was sooo pissed at Massa by race end and only calmed down when I found out he was having brake issues.

I do not think Hamilton has the talent of Massa or Schumacher, but I could eat my words 2 or 3 season from now. I personally think we have a JV on our hands maybe I am wrong.
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black Betty
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 07-21-2008, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BRPORSCHE
Jim, I am a Massa fan, but nontheless think that Lewis is gonna be better for the rest of his career then Massa.

Better then schumacher though? I think not. I'll wait till he earns 8 drivers championships.
'87 924S - Keep's the Porsche DNA in my system while the 911 is down.
aka "Wolf boy"
Old 07-21-2008, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cesiro View Post

I do not think Hamilton has the talent of Massa or Schumacher, but I could eat my words 2 or 3 season from now. I personally think we have a JV on our hands maybe I am wrong.
Funny, I've been thinking that since last year...
Old 07-21-2008, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Unfair and Unbalanced

Quote:
What was that about Hambone being humble Mule?

Hamilton: 'Massa didn't defend very well'

I kind of wish Massa would have just stuck him with his side pod now, instead of giving Ham room to run him off the track.
I think Massa knew Ham was WAY faster, & let him by without too much of a fight. Was it a dirty pass? I didn't think it was that bad. Ham knew he had another car to pass & was probably a little hectic.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Registered

I think Massa is like Mika Hakkinen in that he is fast in a perfect car, but not great at all in a car that he is not comfortable with.

Hammy is still developing as a driver. All we are doing is guessing at what he can or can't do. I do see improvement in his car control though, and attribute that to growing confidence.

No driver, no driver worth any wins at all is ever "humble". Humility is required for wisdom and grace, and being a better person. But humility won't make you a faster driver.

Massa is a naturally fast, ballsy driver. I think he has less feel for car control than Raikkonen. Schumacher was a guy who was not as naturally fast, but he was damn smart, probably the smartest driver of his time.

What surprised me about Germany was the pass on Massa, sure, but the way Massa tried to re-pass Hammy with a half hearted move, then ended back up in the dirt again. I expected Massa to come with more than that. In the end, Ferrari showed up with less car than McLaren.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Unfair and Unbalanced

I see f1 as who can keep the car on the edge the longest without loosing it. Schumacher was the best. Hamilton may reach that level. He seems very comfortable at the edge. I'd like to meet anyone who can tell me his rookie season wasn't amazing.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
I'd like to meet anyone who can tell me his rookie season wasn't amazing.
Depends on who you ask

My take is that he was groomed heavely by RD, given every advantage and ran a car last year that was setup by a two time world champ. I'd almost expect it. To me he was a major source of annoyance. But, I will give him this, he gave us a pretty large wrench in the championship and made Kimi's eventual win all that more special. So for that, thanks Lewis.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

rusnak and mule: I'd have to agree very much with both of your guys' last posts there.

Anything more than that is just fan's personal preference for a car brand or a driver whose personality they seem to like... What I find somewhat interesting how the cars change so dramatically (according to the drivers) from race to race. I know a lot has to do with all the dis-assembly and re-assembly and changes they make between races. It essentially is a "new" car each race...
Old 07-21-2008, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
I see f1 as who can keep the car on the edge the longest without loosing it. Schumacher was the best. Hamilton may reach that level. He seems very comfortable at the edge. I'd like to meet anyone who can tell me his rookie season wasn't amazing.
Read Seric's response then read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Villeneuve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seric View Post
Depends on who you ask

My take is that he was groomed heavely by RD, given every advantage and ran a car last year that was setup by a two time world champ. I'd almost expect it. To me he was a major source of annoyance. But, I will give him this, he gave us a pretty large wrench in the championship and made Kimi's eventual win all that more special. So for that, thanks Lewis.

Lets see the last 1.2 of this season how it pans out. Lewis wins 2 races and Ferrari struggles for 2 races and suddenly we have Lewis as world champ.

We just passed the 1/2 way point of the season with only 7 points between the top 3.

It will be VERY interesting to see how this season progresses and to be honest, even as a Ferrari fan (I know, I know, you probably could not tell) this has been the most entertaining season I can remember.
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 07-21-2008, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
McLaren apparently has another set of paddles behind the wheel that allows the driver to change the engine mapping so that the ideal torque curve is present for each gear. This innovation will either soon be copied by everybody else or banned by the FIA.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott at Pelican Parts View Post
McLaren apparently has another set of paddles behind the wheel that allows the driver to change the engine mapping so that the ideal torque curve is present for each gear. This innovation will either soon be copied by everybody else or banned by the FIA.

Source of this information?
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 07-21-2008, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Source of this information?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/2436986/German-Grand-Prix-Steering-clear-of-trouble.html

Old 07-21-2008, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Registered

That is why I like F1. They always come up with a new way to beat the rules.
2001 Jetta TDI dead
1982 Chevette Diesel SOLD
Old 07-21-2008, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Its beating the rules when any team other than Ferrari does it. When Ferrari does it, its cheating.
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 07-21-2008, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Registered

Massa should've had the widest car on the track... mentally he's too weak. I mean look at him he's all sweet and nice.. Only the greatest were true sharks (Lauda, Senna, Prost, Shumy).
What a wimp... I'm still upset. He basically pulled over and open the door and gave the best line.. WTF!
Massa does not belong on a red car, just like Rubens. Bring Alonso and he'll show them...
Old 07-21-2008, 08:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Un Chien Andalusia

Garage
Quote:
Its beating the rules when any team other than Ferrari does it. When Ferrari does it, its cheating.
I think you got that backwards...

1998 986 Boxster - Black - SOLD
1984 944 - Red - SOLD
Old 07-21-2008, 08:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BRPORSCHE
Could you imagine alonso and kimi teammates though?
'87 924S - Keep's the Porsche DNA in my system while the 911 is down.
aka "Wolf boy"
Old 07-21-2008, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Massa should've had the widest car on the track... mentally he's too weak. I mean look at him he's all sweet and nice.. Only the greatest were true sharks (Lauda, Senna, Prost, Shumy).
What a wimp... I'm still upset. He basically pulled over and open the door and gave the best line.. WTF!
Massa does not belong on a red car, just like Rubens. Bring Alonso and he'll show them...
That would have taken some really sustained and rude blocking to keep Hamilton behind for the rest of the race. Massa knew it was inevitable.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott at Pelican Parts View Post
That would have taken some really sustained and rude blocking to keep Hamilton behind for the rest of the race. Massa knew it was inevitable.
Massa could've stayed on the right lane to keep the apex. He didn't need to move at all.. Why did he pull to the left?
Maybe it was inevitable but he should've put up a fight! Just like the commentators: Montemazolo won't be happy and probably wondering if this is the guy that can bring the championship.

Massa needs to show the teeth..

Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: