Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
I'm with Bill

MFAFF - over here in the states he is beginning the get household recognition. That is HUGE.

You missing one huge aspect of his career, he is Black and in the States this is a big deal, Oprah, Sean P-diddy and other black celebrities are paying attention to him and he will be like Tiger Woods, not in talent but because of who he is.

I do not mean this in any negative way, in case someone tries to interpret it that way it was not what I mean. He is a positive role model, and like Tiger a refreshing one that lives a good life, something to aspire to rather than being a Rap Star.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
Registered

Jim,

Good point.. and one which we over here do not see as much as you guys do... it might be that we have been less influenced by the negative role models or perhaps have had more or more diverse positive ones...I don't know.

I'm trying to set that aside, as from our version of his life is that he comes from a pretty 'normal' (in wealth and opportunity terms) family...for his generation and location.

So his colour is less of a factor in that sense.

What I think will define his status is his skill as the pressure in now on to achieve.. exceptionally....nothing less will do. The question is therefore does he have the skill to achieve exceptionally?
Old 07-23-2008, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)
Registered

MFAFF,

great post there! I didn't know Chapman's initials were ACBC.

Hamilton's age is his handicap. Well age and inexperience. His remark to the press "I heard you guys have been writing some nasty things (about me)", that was plain dumb and naive. It's like chumming the waters in a shark tank, then jumping on in. I think he is at a disadvantage dealing with pressure, and to an extent it would have been better to give him his shot later, which is what Martin Whitmarsh was saying when Ron Dennis brought him on board to the big leagues.

Last edited by rusnak; 07-23-2008 at 01:05 PM..
Old 07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
Registered

[QUOTE=rusnak;4078042]MFAFF,

great post there! I didn't know Chapman's initials were ACBC.

QUOTE]

The badge....

Anothony Colin Bruce Chpamn......
Old 07-23-2008, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)
Registered

what a fantastic piece of trivia! I just love it.

What do you think the chances of Macca hiring Rossberg Jr? I think hell will freeze over before RD allows another Rossberg to make footsteps in the "Brand Centre", but I guess stranger things have happened. My own life is full of such episodes for example.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusnak View Post
what a fantastic piece of trivia! I just love it.

What do you think the chances of Macca hiring Rossberg Jr? I think hell will freeze over before RD allows another Rossberg to make footsteps in the "Brand Centre", but I guess stranger things have happened. My own life is full of such episodes for example.
The Rosberg rumors started by Willi Weber have been squashed for now. I don't think Nico wants to play second fiddle, nor do I think Keke will allow that. Keke wants his kid to win and the family has strong ties with Williams. How Williams will do that, I have yet to come up with an answer.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: