Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 230 votes, 3.26 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
I'm with Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynor View Post
i have a story. a short 'book', if you will. 60 pages of single spaced madness. i haven't yet dared to let my wife read it.
I used to have a rambling journal on my laptop. I would just write when I was mad, upset, happy, didn't matter. Just kind of a way for me to try and get a grip on my free range insanity. It was all for me, not intended for anybody to see. Well the wife found it one day while snooping on my computer. It was a good fight. I stopped doing it when I realized that private thoughts have no place in my life anymore, since they are "not allowed"
Old 12-20-2009, 01:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5101 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

spicy. the overwhelming taste is that of malt and cloves. the undertones are pit fruits: cherry and prunes. mild carbonation, perfect temperature. perhaps a bit too much tannin. a rocky head, with proper belgian lacing.

"COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever
Old 12-20-2009, 01:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5102 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by slodave View Post
Bubba's going to crap in your shoes when you are not looking.
Bubba does have the look of a vengeful cat. I like it
Old 12-20-2009, 01:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5103 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick V View Post
I used to have a rambling journal on my laptop. I would just write when I was mad, upset, happy, didn't matter. Just kind of a way for me to try and get a grip on my free range insanity. It was all for me, not intended for anybody to see. Well the wife found it one day while snooping on my computer. It was a good fight. I stopped doing it when I realized that private thoughts have no place in my life anymore, since they are "not allowed"
my wife, if she read this without my permission.... well, i don't know what i would do. it would be unpleasant. i would be three shades of pissed and no concern for consequences.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5104 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Quote:
i would be three shades of pissed and no concern for consequences.
Hence the reason I drink no more.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5105 (permalink)
Gon fix it with me hammer

Garage
Quote:
Bubba does have the look of a vengeful cat. I like it
i name my cats after movie bad-guys.
And strangely enough, they turn out to become like the character they were named after...

Bubba (Bubba Zanetti, Mad Max 1, blond biker) is a cool and calculated killer
While Boris (Boris the Blade, Snatch, ex KGB), is blunt, hard as nails, and kills in volume

if i ever get a chick cat, i'll name her Go-Go Jubari. (Kill Bill 1)
Old 12-20-2009, 01:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5106 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

Quote:
Hence the reason I drink no more.
don't get me wrong. i am a happy and pleasant drunk. but betrayal and snooping throws that right out the window.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5107 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

if any of you all wish to read said autobiographical diatribe and self-indulgent history of chemical excess, let me know. i'll send you a hard copy. i could use some literary criticism.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5108 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

I used to be a happy drunk, then it turned, slowly, into something very dark. I actually disarmed a cop one night, because the neighbors call on me. I don't know what stopped me from killing him. I am usually an easy going guy, but since alcohol is a mood enhancer, and my mods tend to have an undertone of stress to them, it is best I stay dry. That and my daughter would kill me if I ever touched a drop. Believe me, she can do it too. A product of my teaching to defend herself, and military training, she scares me.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5109 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Quote:
if any of you all wish to read said autobiographical diatribe and self-indulgent history of chemical excess, let me know. i'll send you a hard copy. i could use some literary criticism.
Sure, as long as you don't mind total strangers peering into your mind. You better wait till you are sober to make that decision though.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5110 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

pm me your address, i'll send you a copy. a friend of mine read it. he liked it. he witnessed a large part of it.

i have a darkside, but it tends towards humor and self-deprecation. i am too easy-going for my own good. i tend to behave as if everyone were the same and sometimes end up offending folks.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5111 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

belgian blonde pint, brewed by yours truly:

Old 12-20-2009, 01:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5112 (permalink)

I'm with Bill

niiiiiiiiiiice
Most "home brews" I have seen/had have stuff floating in them. Very nice coloring, it presents a nice head.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5113 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to slodave
I've brewed a little. Not easy at my current place. I'd like to do it again someday.

'84 Targa - Arena Red - AX #104
'07 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Yes, I'm that guy...
'01 Toyota Corolla - Urban Camouflage - SOLD
Old 12-20-2009, 01:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5114 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

tell me about your place. i can tell you how to brew anywhere, under any conditions, and produce good, bragging rights, beer.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5115 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

okay I gotta walk this mutt, in several feet of snow, damn my dad owes me
Old 12-20-2009, 02:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5116 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
tell me about your place. i can tell you how to brew anywhere, under any conditions, and produce good, bragging rights, beer.
I should do it again, I live in a townhome and I share two walls as well as close quarters to other units. It's the smell of the initial brewing that I worry about. I stank my place up pretty good.

I also need to find a bigger pot. Mine was to the rim.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5117 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

not sure what the problem of the initial smell might be. i lived for 8 years at an apartment, while brewing beer. the smell was never a problem. what were you doing?!

you can do this with a 12 quart pot. no kidding. and turn out really good beer. a 20 quart or larger pot is more ideal. but, you work with what you have.

are there temperature issues, or anything else that may affect the final product?

Old 12-20-2009, 02:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5118 (permalink)

Garage
Final product was just fine. It did not smell bad, just the overwhelming smell of brewing beer.

I just try to keep quiet.

I think I may need to dust off my equipment though....

Old 12-20-2009, 02:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5119 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
It is amazing just how many places this dog wanted to go.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5120 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: