Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 226 votes, 3.26 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by svandamme View Post
I really do not see anybody when i'm driving.. i don't recognize faces or number plates at all.
Unless it's somebody i know who happens to own a bright yellow ferrari..
And since i don't know anybody with a ferrari.. that kinda narrows it down to :i simply do not notice people when i'm driving.
I am the same way. I never look to see who is driving around me. I just look at the traffic. On many occasions I have had friends tell me they saw me and were amazed I did not wave back. I never see them. Unless it is someone in a Porsche or a nice El Camino I just don't notice other traffic. Ferraris and other rare sports cars have to be right in front of me for me to notice them.

Good morning folks.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
2008 Infiniti G35x (wifes car)
Old 04-05-2012, 04:49 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54981 (permalink)

Dave the ceiling is smooth off white and boring as hell after two days.
Morning all. Today I plan to venture out. People with walkers will pass me.
'07 RDX
Old 04-05-2012, 07:43 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54982 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Most of the time I am alert to my surroundings, however sometimes I get distracted or zoned out thinking of other thi.. Squirrel!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:53 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54983 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDinOKC View Post
Most of the time I am alert to my surroundings, however sometimes I get distracted or zoned out thinking of other thi.. Squirrel!
If you yell squirrel loud enough someone will shoot it for you.
'07 RDX
Old 04-05-2012, 08:07 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54984 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slodave View Post
Max, stop worrying about all this, all of a sudden. You live in a great town! I've told you before, get out and explore! Go to Farmer's Market! There are plenty o other places to go hang out as well. You never know, you may run into this chick from your class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Richards View Post
Max, you need more hobbies / things you like to do.
Well, this Formula SAE thing takes up all my free time. All the time left over I am either in class or doing homework. Somewhere in there I need to find time to sleep, eat, and do laundry. Luckily I love designing and (with reasonable hours) bulding car stuff. During the summer I will be designing for next year and hopefully have a summer job. But then I will be at home, not up in SLO around all the college chicks. And with me having no interest in socializing at a bar or something purely for the sake of socializing, I do not know of any "happening" places in TO. I just need to realize that I can meet people after college. Its not like there is a deadline. Its just that seeing girls around all the time keeps my mind on them.

I have enough hobbies. What I need is more time.

I am thinking about swapping over to knobbies on the mtb when the street tires wear out so that I can go on more trails out here. Not sure whether I might want to get clip-ons as well. The decision will be based primarily on price.

What I need more is a little pack with some spare tubes and a hand held air pump so that I will feel better about riding the 12 miles to Morro Bay and back. That would be a long walk if I got a flat. That way I can take Turri Road or do Prefumo Canyon again and keep the street tires. Or I can get the knobbies and go to Montana de Oro or the Quarry Trail by the estuary.

I could see living in Los Osos. It's quite a bit cooler and wetter on average, though, which is not really my thing.

Up here the mtb trails seem better than the roads. In 1000 Oaks the canyon roads are great so I like my rigid with semi-slicks.

Suspension by Rebel Racing, Serviced by TLG Auto, Brakes by PMB Performance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/

Last edited by Flieger; 04-05-2012 at 09:12 AM..
Old 04-05-2012, 08:39 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54985 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
I just heard that Ferdinand Alexander "Butzi" Porsche died today at the age of 76.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:39 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54986 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Garage
dude, i was exactly like you in college. socially, i didnt care to go out and do too much stuff. i always thought that life after college would be better. my first 3 years of college, i pretty much nerded it up and engrossed myself in studies. ..i didnt spend a lot of time in really fun stuff. anyway, i had a buddy who forced me to go out and do things my senior year. i had a ton of fun...school wasn't everything anymore. i still graduated with honors, but i had a heck of a lot more fun.

towards the end of my senior year, i thought, "man, i cant wait to get out of here."

i partied and socialized so much that i was done with it. no regrets.

about 6 months after i graduated, i just wished i was back there. in the grand scheme of things...you have absolutely no responsibility and cares as a college student. enjoy it while you can. being an adult kinda sucks. the money is nice, but you'd be surprised at how hard it is to meet people after you graduate. take college for what it is....it's not just all about school.

im still the same way...socially pretty quiet. it's hard for me to meet people. as ive gotten older (i just turned 30), i noticed that a lot of the girls that are my age and single either have a ton of baggage, or are bat schit insane.

seize the moment while you can.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:11 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54987 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer View Post
dude, i was exactly like you in college. socially, i didnt care to go out and do too much stuff. i always thought that life after college would be better. my first 3 years of college, i pretty much nerded it up and engrossed myself in studies. ..i didnt spend a lot of time in really fun stuff. anyway, i had a buddy who forced me to go out and do things my senior year. i had a ton of fun...school wasn't everything anymore. i still graduated with honors, but i had a heck of a lot more fun.

towards the end of my senior year, i thought, "man, i cant wait to get out of here."

i partied and socialized so much that i was done with it. no regrets.

about 6 months after i graduated, i just wished i was back there. in the grand scheme of things...you have absolutely no responsibility and cares as a college student. enjoy it while you can. being an adult kinda sucks. the money is nice, but you'd be surprised at how hard it is to meet people after you graduate. take college for what it is....it's not just all about school.

im still the same way...socially pretty quiet. it's hard for me to meet people. as ive gotten older (i just turned 30), i noticed that a lot of the girls that are my age and single either have a ton of baggage, or are bat schit insane.

seize the moment while you can.
Hmm. That last paragraph concerns me.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:13 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54988 (permalink)

Garage
not saying that college is everything, but man, don't waste it worrying about the future. it's the prime time of your life to go out and do the crazy things you can't do as an "adult"
Old 04-05-2012, 09:15 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54989 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
All things considered I think I will just keep on doing what I am doing- the hobbies that I love. If I make myself a wreck trying to find someone that I may never meet then I won't be happy at all. If I just keep calm and carry on I will at least enjoy my hobbies and if the right person comes along then that's great. I will definately need to find someone who is ok with me spending so much time with my hobbies, so my best chance of meeting someone like that is to keep on keepin' on.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:17 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54990 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

heavy stuff on the thread, lately.

PPOT: the sound of one hand clapping.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:19 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54991 (permalink)

Nobody ever listens to me.
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54992 (permalink)

Garage
all fine and good..but don't use your hobbies as an excuse to not go out and be social. you're gonna miss out. i did the exact same thing, and after the fact, i now wished i would have been more social in my 20's
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54993 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
Dangit. If I keep discussing this I'm never going to get my mind back on track. Luckily there are Formula Electric work days scheduled from today through the weekend and as much as possible until the car needs to ship after next weekend.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:20 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54994 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
Quote:
Yeah, but I haven't had the full experience of a crazy woman and until then I won't truly understand your wisdom.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:21 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54995 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

My son went through med school, residency and an extra 1 year fellowship before he hit the real world. Imagine being 30-31, having no real life up to that point, and then having to figure out what your interests are. It took him year to get that figured out, but now he's enjoying his life.

He found girls his age have more issues than he cares for. Younger has been better for him.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54996 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche-poor View Post
Note to self don't get food poisoning while on vacation.
Quote:
oh, yes we do. that dude on facebook needs a thrashing.

PPOT: the sound of one hand clapping.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54997 (permalink)

Garage
you're looking at this from an engineer, calculating point of view. ..the same way i used to. you want to wait until you find the right person, click, be set, and be done with it. it never works that way. you're gonna have to go on lots dates with weird, crazy, freaky, chicks to find the right one.

it sounds like you dont want to waste your time on the dud girls. unfortunately, you're not gonna find the right one unless you weed through them. go on dates...you dont have have to marry any of them.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:23 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54998 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Max Sluiter

Garage
Quote:
all fine and good..but don't use your hobbies as an excuse to not go out and be social. you're gonna miss out. i did the exact same thing, and after the fact, i now wished i would have been more social in my 20's
But I'm really not that social as far as going out in a large group of people at a party or something. I only need a few good friends to really be happy.

Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #54999 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Quote:
not saying that college is everything, but man, don't waste it worrying about the future. it's the prime time of your life to go out and do the crazy things you can't do as an "adult"
Just don't get caught!
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #55000 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: