Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 231 votes, 3.25 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick V View Post
I don't know how people can sit/lay around the house all day doing nothing. I don't know if I feel so bad because I am sick or because I haven't done anything.
+1000

I have been off work for the last two days. I have been sitting around watching TV. I can't stand it much more.

We received 8 to 10 inches of snow after a couple of inches if sleet and freezing rain. I am actually looking foreword to going out and shoveling the driveway. I have some projects in the garage so I will not be sitting around today. I can't take another two days of sitting.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7441 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Glen I recon our age has something to do with it. I mean when we were coming up, "out" was the place to be.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7442 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
While we have been just sitting doing nothing we did catch up on some movies. We watched Talladega Nights yesterday. That is a pretty funny movie. Totally stupid, but funny.

Last year for Christmas I bought my wife the boxed set of Sienfield. It has every episode and a ton of extras. Each DVD has 6 episodes, and a bunch of bloopers, deleted scenes and interviews, and behind the scenes clips. It even has a coffee table book. We watched a bunch of episodes. That is a funny show. As funny as it is there is not one character on that show that I would want as my friend. They are all self centered lying jerks, funny as hell but not nice people.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7443 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Glen I recon our age has something to do with it. I mean when we were coming up, "out" was the place to be.
I think you are right. I remember as a kid in grade school playing outside until dark. As soon as I got home from school I would find a friend and we were off riding our bikes. The only rules were be home by 6:30 for dinner. As soon as dinner was done, we were gone until dark. It is a different world now.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7444 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
I feel like there were a few jabs at my generation boys....

I do spend lots of time inside... always have.... I grew up in the middle of no where with no siblings or neighbors.... I was limited in where I could go until I got my motorcycle license at 14.....
Old 01-30-2010, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7445 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Chill Sid, no one mentioned you or anybody by name, just sayin, the generation before ya didn't have too much to do inside so we were always out, always moving.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7446 (permalink)
Ex-pat Cannuck

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to the_webbster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
I want a 2004 GT3 real bad. I am picky enough that I want White or Gulf Blue, and no major aftermarket modifications or "upgrades", I want a basically stock car. If one shows up in the central US where I can go see it, I will be in trouble. I don't want to spend 57 grand.
Well, I youtubed the Top Gear test of the GT3 and they called it "The best car porsche has ever made" (at the time of course). then I came across this

'04 gt3 - Early 911S Registry Bulletin Board

where one quote pretty much summed it up:

"If you wanna know how Superman feels when he puts on his cape, then drive this car."

Sign me up!

Eisblau 1979 930

Silver '08 Honda Ridgeline
Old 01-30-2010, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7447 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Yanno Jeff, You are gonna be such a little kid when your 930 finally gets there.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7448 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_webbster View Post
Well, I youtubed the Top Gear test of the GT3 and they called it "The best car porsche has ever made" (at the time of course). then I came across this

'04 gt3 - Early 911S Registry Bulletin Board

where one quote pretty much summed it up:

"If you wanna know how Superman feels when he puts on his cape, then drive this car."

Sign me up!
Yea, I have avoided driving one. I have ridden in a GT3 and even a GT2. If I find that perfect car I will have to change my spending habbits to afford it. I figure if I don't look real hard the odds are I will not find it.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7449 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Chill Sid, no one mentioned you or anybody by name, just sayin, the generation before ya didn't have too much to do inside so we were always out, always moving.
Yep.

Sid imagine a time in the olden days of the 60s and 70s. Only the government had computers. Every single telephone was owned by AT&T. Everyone rented their telephone, you could not own one. Long distance calls were very expensive. I remember getting my first portable FM radio that was three times bigger than your i-phone. The only way to play your own music collection was a record player, plugged into the wall. TV was black and white and had three stations. My first tape recorder was a reel to reel!

A bicycle that weighed thirty pounds and had 3 speeds and was state of the art. I did not live in a house with air conditioning until the late 70s. Not one school I ever attended had air conditioning.

In high school a lot of kids brought their hunting riles to school. I carried a pocket knife to school from the ninth grade on.

There was not much to do inside so we were outside playing. It is just amazing how much things have changed in just my lifetime.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7450 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
And we walked to school barefoot in snow three feet deep and it was uphill both ways, and we liked it!
Old 01-30-2010, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7451 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to slodave
Here too... (not the snow thing)...

'84 Targa - Arena Red - AX #104
'07 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Yes, I'm that guy...
'01 Toyota Corolla - Urban Camouflage - SOLD
Old 01-30-2010, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7452 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

When I was in H.S. the rifles were in the gun racks in the parking lot, the side arms were in the backpacks, just don't get caught with a loaded one. When I was in elementary school the TV stations went off at 11, on the weekend that might be on till 1, but only on the UHF side. Things were a lot different, and seeing how my kids world is, I would say we had it better.
Things were so bad we only had one shoe, and I had to share it with my sister, walking to school was always in 3 feet of snow and going to school and back home were also both uphill walks.
And I see Glen types faster than me.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7453 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to slodave
I had to walk uphill in the sun both ways...

'84 Targa - Arena Red - AX #104
'07 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Yes, I'm that guy...
'01 Toyota Corolla - Urban Camouflage - SOLD
Old 01-30-2010, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7454 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Ummmmmmmm Dave, You are just like my daughter, who had to call me and tell me about the weather in Hawaii...........................................e veryfriggingday
Old 01-30-2010, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7455 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

how is that cough, rick?

"COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever
Old 01-30-2010, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7456 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Much better, lungs still burn a little but the cough is a little more productive, so doing much better.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7457 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
Ok boys got the Kawaski Mule back in operation.... Damn near rolled it and get a few sledding paths made.... Time to have FUN tomorrow.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7458 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
The 100% truth is I went to first grade barefoot, and no shirt. All I wore was a pair of shorts most days. The fact that it was Hawaii does not matter does it?

I really did go to school most days barefoot, often without a shirt. It was not that my parents could not afford my clothes and shoes I just would not wear them. That same year when it was time to go to church for Easter Sunday I did not have a pair of shoes that would fit. I wore flip flops to church and that was getting dressed up! My mom would buy me shoes that I never did wear and I would outgrow them.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7459 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

I usually go bare foot in the summer, I hate shoes.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7460 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: