Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 231 votes, 3.25 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Bandwidth AbUser

Stop waking me up!
Old 01-08-2016, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128041 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Thought waking up was the original reason for this thread?
Old 01-08-2016, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128042 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
We have a group mailing list our salespeople and distributors can join.

To join the email list you send and email to the list, then it sends back an email you must reply to, then you are added to the list.

This does two things. It makes sure you are an actual person by requiring you to send from an actual email address, and it makes sure the messages do not go to your spam folder or quarantine. I even have instructions for them to check the spam filter and whitelist messages from the list if they do not receive the confirmation email they must reply to then re-send the subscription message.

it amazes me how many of our sales staff do not seem to be actual people as they are not able to do this.

What's worse is my boss has me manually add them to the list. Of course since they could not follow through with the subscription steps they end up never receiving any list emails because they are in their spam folders/quarantine or their spam filters reject the messages and are unsubscribed from the list.

Are you sure this is not MONDAY or is it that people are morons every day?

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 01-08-2016 at 06:25 AM..
Old 01-08-2016, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128043 (permalink)

Came in early @ 5:30 and will probably have to stay until about 5:00 this afternoon, getting stuff done at work. Beer and Wings sounds good right now.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128044 (permalink)

Garage
Jim, you still on east coast time?

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128045 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDinOKC View Post

To join the email list you send and email to the list, then it sends back an email you must reply to, then you are added to the list.

This does two things. It makes sure you are an actual person by requiring you to send from an actual email address, and it makes sure the messages do not go to your spam folder or quarantine.

it amazes me how many of our sales staff do not seem to be actual people as they are not able to do this.
I hear you there, we have several humanoid units here but I have doubts as to their being sentient.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128046 (permalink)

Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDinOKC View Post

This does two things. It makes sure you are an actual person by requiring you to send from an actual email address, and it makes sure the messages do not go to your spam folder or quarantine.

I have met a few salespeople in person that I think are actually a virus, or at least pure slime.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 01-08-2016, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128047 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Think they should all dress like Herb Tarlek on WKRP. My brother did when he was a salesman in the 70's and 80's.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128048 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Back when I was a press photographer in Alabama I spent a lot of time at the state legislature. One day the congressmen all decided anyone on the floor of the Senate or the House had to wear a coat and tie. The reporters were not happy. All the reporters dug through closets and thrift stores and brought in some horrendous Herb Tarlek like sport coats and hysterical leisure suits. Sine the rules said "Coat and Tie" lots of Bolo ties, clip on bow ties and various themed ties came in as well.

That was about the time I was ready to get a better paying job so I left that fudge cluster.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128049 (permalink)

Hey dudes.

Yep,it's Friday!

The kids are excited because the weatherfolk are calling for major snow over the weekend even suggesting that schools may be closed Monday. yippee

Wayne
Old 01-08-2016, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128050 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
It's almost like it was Winter or maybe it's global warning?

Know we ben having a bunch of 4.x earthquakes around here.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 01-08-2016 at 07:27 AM..
Old 01-08-2016, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128051 (permalink)

morning all. TGIF!!!!
'07 RDX
Old 01-08-2016, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128052 (permalink)

Bandwidth AbUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper35 View Post
Jim, you still on east coast time?
I'm still on Pacific time. Last full day in SoCal this trip. Still lots to do and my 964 is feeling neglected. I really should do something about that.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128053 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
Jim just tell me where the keys are and I'll run out for the weekend and stretch its legs!

Hey Alarick, want to find out that's quicker down Mul, a 964 or your car?
Old 01-08-2016, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128054 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Haha View Post
Hey dudes.

Yep,it's Friday!

The kids are excited because the weatherfolk are calling for major snow over the weekend even suggesting that schools may be closed Monday. yippee
We have been getting rain. We are supposed to get a couple inches of accumulated crystalline rain tomorrow. If the rain we have been getting turns to snow for you, sorry.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128055 (permalink)

Fog nothing but fog as far as the eye can see and that not far here. At least its not freezing fog.
'07 RDX
Old 01-08-2016, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128056 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche-poor View Post
Fog nothing but fog as far as the eye can see and that not far here. At least its not freezing fog.
We get freezing fog on rare occasions. We call it frog. We had some really cool hoarfrost on the trees last time we had frog.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128057 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Most of the fires are down to embers
Old 01-08-2016, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128058 (permalink)

Garage
It is Elvis' birthday today. I imagine his songs would have a little different meaning today.

All Shook Up - morning breakfast drink.
Can't Help Falling.
Nursing House Rock.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128059 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Elvis has left the building, using his walker.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128060 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: