Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 231 votes, 3.25 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Morning all.

With my allergies you go mow I'll watch the crappy movies.
'07 RDX
Old 02-16-2016, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129021 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
I grew up with horrible allergies. Back in the days when antihistamines were prescription only and basically sleeping pills. I started on allergy shots long ago. After almost 30 years of weekly shots my allergies are 99% gone.

Check into a local allergy clinic and see what it costs to get on the shots. It will take a long time if your allergies are as bad as mine were.

Somewhere in some medical textbook on allergies is a photo of my back. When they first tested my allergies one of the worst was pecan tree pollen. They stuck the needle in and the doctor said "wow" just seconds later. The nurse said wow, and then the doc told the nurse to go get Dr. Smith or whatever his name really was and tell him to bring the camera. The other doc showed up and said wow, and started taking pictures of my back. About a minute later they decided to give me a shot of what was likely an antihistamine and said they would have to redo the tests again next week.

They said my reaction to the pecan pollen was a "classic extreme reaction" to allergen.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 02-16-2016, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129022 (permalink)

That's nuts! Pun intended.
'07 RDX
Old 02-16-2016, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129023 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
I've been stung by Wasps several times. When six got stung in the stomach and was sick like the flu for 3 days. About 10 years ago I got stung by another one while mowing the yard. The reaction was like a normal bee sting on the site, but my vision got blurry for 3 days, then I could see 20/20 without my glasses for a month. I had to get some regular sunglasses with no prescription.

For the next two years every August those Wasp bustards would sneak up and sting me while mowing. The second year the sting site reacted about the size of your hand and had the same vision reaction. I put the vision thing together and associated it with the wasp sting. The third year my whole arm turned red and my vision did the same thing. My arm reacted bad enough I went to the doc. Had me take benedryl and said I was becoming more allergic with each exposure and offered to give me a bee sting kit. When asked if I have any allergies have to tell them wasp venom and they always look at me kind of funny. Doc says no idea about the vision thing that it must be a coincidence, no way.

They missed me the fourth year then got me again on the top of my head. The sting site didn't have more than a mosquito bite reaction, but my vision did the same thing. I figured the lack of site reaction was because there is just not much flesh on the top of your head to soak up and distribute the venom.

Every summer I go around with a can of wasp killer and spray around the windows and between the rain gutters and eave where they like to build nests. Haven't gotten stung since helping my nephews kids by paying them to mow my yard.

When I was driving from the R/C field to a gun show to sell one of my guns to get into R/C had my arm hanging out the window. A bee flew into my arm and stung me hard. Besides just hurting because I got hit in the arm at 40mph by a bee, stinger first, I didn't have any other kind of reaction. Was like literally getting stung by the R/C bug.

Think from the repeated exposure every summer I just might be becoming allergic to yard work. Always seem to break out in a sweat more and more as the season goes on.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 02-16-2016 at 07:32 AM..
Old 02-16-2016, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129024 (permalink)

Garage
So I watched a few episodes of Agents of SHIELD and whoever designed the "Bus" should be cattle prodded internally.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129025 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Now that's something I would like to see.

Started to watch some of those comic book TV serials and after a couple of episodes instead of the common comic book type scenarios of defeating an arch nemesis and start spending more time on the soap opera interrelation interaction BS carp stopped watching. Don't like soap operas just because they have super hero characters.

For example DeadPool. As far as I am concerned the movie completed all the basics of a comic book character and is done.

I like Humans, Mr. Robot, besides the basics Big Bang Theory and Street Outlaws.

Currently starting to get bored with The Shannaha Chroicles, Limitless, The Magicians, The Shadowhunters, and Lucifer.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 02-16-2016 at 11:03 AM..
Old 02-16-2016, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129026 (permalink)

check out "Angie Tribeca". Stumbled across it last night and dug it.

If you like Naked Gun, you will like this.

My wife thought it was dumb but she doesn't like Fast Times at Ridgemont High, either.

Wayne
Old 02-16-2016, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129027 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
When I was a little kid I got stung by a honey bee on my ear. My ear became so swollen it was as big as the rest of my head. A year later I was zapped on my little finger and my entire arm was so swollen it tripled in size.

My parents and the school where I went had a epinephrine pen just for me.I never needed it fortunately. I have a vial of epinephrine at home now. Since I started having my wife inject me with the allergy shots at home I had to have the epinephrine on hand.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129028 (permalink)

Garage
I've been stung by hornets and bees and they annoy me is about it. Well, when the hornets stung me I was already in a bad mood and I killed that nest and looed for any other nests on the property since I had a couple cans left of spray.

Richard, I don't like soaps either and have only watched a couple episodes so far. Watched a few of Dollhouse as well.

I did watch Last Man Standing. He must have had 1911s in 38 Super with how many times he could shoot before reloading. Almost watched Blazing Saddles, but wasn't sure how bad I would start hacking if I laughed too much.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129029 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
They did a series that was a TV series version of Naked Gun called Police Squad for a short time. They said they took it off the air because it took too much of peoples attention. A lot of the gags were spread out in the background. And yes you had to actually watch it, you couldn't just have it on.

In one episode they started by saying they were searching this maroon conentental for drugs. Then you saw it in the shop behind them with dogs and police crawling all over it. Then later they were disassembling it with torches and saws. Then they walked up stating the had found the drugs. The guy holds up a chunk of dash and opens the glove box revealing the drugs. Last as they pan by a maroon corvair is being driven out of the shop.

In one shoot out they ran out of bullets and threw they guns at each other. The camera panned back and they were only a few feet from each other.

At the end of the episode when they ran the credits it looked like they did a freeze frame of the show, but just the actors froze. Everything else kept moving. The bad guys would take off, things would fall over, stuff would get blown around by fans, all kinds of stuff.

I felt offended when I heard why they canceled it.

Wonder if it could be found today and see if it was as funny as back then.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 02-16-2016 at 03:22 PM..
Old 02-16-2016, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129030 (permalink)

Yep, Police Squad.

Sledgehammer was similar.

I pay attention to background things so that must be why I like it.

Wayne
Old 02-16-2016, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129031 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
If you haven't seen Balzing Saddles, you must. Just remember it is politically incorrect and there is a pause button if you laugh too hard.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129032 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Tortured and killed a nest of those big old black and white striped bumble bees when I was a kid. I ran and rolled several times and didn't get stung. Think I was only 6. They pretty much declared war on me after the first time they chased me when I just walked by on my way to the park. Quickly discovered putting a bucket over their hole didn't do anything but make them mad. Gasoline down the hole and no more came out. Don't know why anyone would allow a bumble bee nest in their front yard next to the sidewalk. It was like the ultimate ant hill where they could fight back.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129033 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
I understand it's uncommon but I remember stuff back to before I was 2 years old.

Remember sticking my fingers in a light bulb socket once when I was supposed to be taking my nap. It surprised me more than hurt and I didn't cry. Was more embarrassed than anything else so didn't holler or tell my parents. Did make sure I didn't do that again.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 02-16-2016 at 04:28 PM..
Old 02-16-2016, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129034 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

iHola, Stijn'ers! Happy hump day from Barcelona.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129035 (permalink)
Professional Bull5hiter

Morning folks

Our first camping trip for the year is coming up in a couple of weeks, so I've been getting the old bus ready. Discovered that the 100Ah odessey agm battery I use for the fridge's, espresso machine and the electric blanket has given up the ghost. Found an Aussie made 130Ah agm that'll slot into the battery cradle - 200 bananas cheaper than the odessey - woohoo!

83 944 Guards Red

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Australian_English_terms_for_people
Old 02-17-2016, 04:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129036 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Howdy Jim. Have some Escabeche for me. Just stay away from Chireta.

Hump day again.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129037 (permalink)
Professional Bull5hiter

Hump day...it's nearly over and I'm looking for the fart sack.

83 944 Guards Red

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Australian_English_terms_for_people
Old 02-17-2016, 04:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129038 (permalink)

morning all. I should make a list of things to do today but I'm going to be lazy and save some ink.
'07 RDX
Old 02-17-2016, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129039 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche-poor View Post
morning all. I should make a list of things to do today but I'm going to be lazy and save some ink.
Just make a mental note. If you lose that note no one will know.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129040 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: