Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 231 votes, 3.25 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
drunk and stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDinOKC View Post
Don't let it lapse out. Friend in Texas let his lapse out and had to go thru a big hassle that included fines, fees, lawyer fees, and he had to retake both the written and driving tests. They had obviously made it enough hassle that you don't want to let that happen again.

Think it made him realize driving is a privilege not a an entitlement.

Think I've only parallel parked once every 10 years, I would have to practice or borrow one of those cars that does it autonomously.
Wonder what the tester would do if you did one of those slide into te parking slot stunts?
I have a friend who tried to drag race someone while he was taking his driving test. He failed.

Holy crap the adhesive tape gopro uses for their mounts is strong. I lined one up on my helmet and I could tie a piece of rope to the mount and find the helmet around by that.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129081 (permalink)

Garage
My sister is 4.5 years older than me. We never fought or really argued much. She, of course was homecoming queen, valedictorian, sports, swing choir, band, color guard and all that made the teachers think I should be an over achiever as well and was about the only negative thing growing up behind her.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129082 (permalink)

Garage
My brother in law ran a stop sign in CA on his test. He still passed.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129083 (permalink)

Garage
Joe, sound a lot like the tape we used for holding servos in place.

Dad has some tape that is used to seam stretch in carpet when you can't get the iron into the seam. That stuff has awesome shear strength.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129084 (permalink)

back in 1989 when I moved here you still had to take the test even if you had a lic from another state, you no longer have to do that. Anyway while taking the test I almost failed cause I refused to parallel park a Toyota 4X4 with no power steering. Later in the test I almost got t-boned by another person taking her test and they let her pass.
'07 RDX
Old 02-18-2016, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129085 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
When I first moved to Oklahoma I had to take the written test. I aced that with no problems. I was 25 years old and the State Trooper walked with me out to my car that I of course drove there with my Alabama driver's license.

He looked at me, looked at the 914 looked back at me and asked how long I have had that car. I told him is is a 74' and I bought it new. He muttered out loud, "this is stupid" and he signed off on my driving part of the test and I never had to start the car.

It is a real pain in OK if the license has expired. You have to start over just like a new driver. They have stupid long lines and you have to make an appointment to even take the test.

Renewal is silly easy. I just make sure it never expires.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 02-18-2016, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129086 (permalink)

I have till the middle of March. If you let it lapse here by only a few days they just tack on a "I'm stupid tax" and charge you an extra $10 bucks for telling you its expired.
'07 RDX
Old 02-18-2016, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129087 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Moving between DC and VA was a piece of cake. Essential a photo shoot for the new license. I'm not sure if it'll be more involved when we try to get CA licenses sometime in April.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129088 (permalink)

you probably don't want to know....
'07 RDX
Old 02-18-2016, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129089 (permalink)

Garage
You will need a birth certificate.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129090 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Thanks Brent. I'm good, but my wife doesn't have one...she's made in Taiwan. She does have other docs, including her U.S. Passport and citizenship document. Hopefully that'll get her by.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129091 (permalink)
drunk and stupid

I'm not sure what happens in SC if you miss renewing your license. We have 10yr licenses and it hasn't expired yet.

If you miss renewing your registration it's a major pain in the ass. You have to go to the treasurer and pay them the original fee plus a pretty hefty fine, then you have to take that slip to the DMV and pay them a very hefty 'late fee' for the free service of them printing new stickers.

If you let your CWP lapse more than 30 days you have to do the whole course and application over as well.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129092 (permalink)

Garage
Joe, you are just a young'un.

Jim, in her case she probably doesn't need any paperwork.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129093 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

LOL. Just in case, she better keep studying her Spanish!
Old 02-18-2016, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129094 (permalink)

shouldn't you be out enjoying Spain and not on here?
'07 RDX
Old 02-18-2016, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129095 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
It is a crazy windy day here today.

For sure Kansas sucks and Texas Blows. 50 MPH gusts. The leaves blow down the street like a blizzard. I was driving north at 60 MPH in the El Camino and there was zero wind noise. The windows are frame-less and there is wind noise about 25 MPH normally. Going south it sounded like I was going 100 MPH.

The good news is it is in the 70s. I wore shorts today
Old 02-18-2016, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129096 (permalink)

50* here so not shorts just yet.
'07 RDX
Old 02-18-2016, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129097 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Been wearing shorts all week. And not just undershorts.

It's a great day to fart outside or not depending on your goals. It's so windy it will be long gone before you or anyone near you has a chance to smell it. You can save that charcoal filtered underwear for another day.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 02-18-2016 at 11:58 AM..
Old 02-18-2016, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129098 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
It is a day that skinny people need to carry rocks in their pockets so they don't blow away. I am safe from that problem.

For sure a short skirt warning day. Good girl watching weather.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129099 (permalink)

never warn a lady wearing a short skirt!!!
'07 RDX
Old 02-18-2016, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: