Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 233 votes, 3.23 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Pretty much. We have two compost piles and we alternate which one we dump the hay into each year. I should get a bagger, but then I would have to empty it every time around.

At least the rake is one you pull behind the mower similar to this one.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139061 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Hay, y'all.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139062 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Oh man...Just had the Pork Belly sandwich from Arby's. It was freakin delicious! Like a pork rib sandwich with no bones.

Because I really liked it means it probably won't be on their menu very long. Restaurants tend to take the things I really like off their menus.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 05-25-2017 at 11:14 AM..
Old 05-25-2017, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139063 (permalink)

Garage
Happens to me all the time as well.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139064 (permalink)

for me its tv shows. I like it its gone. I hate it they run for ever.
'07 RDX
Old 05-25-2017, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139065 (permalink)

Garage
Most of those short lived ones are Joss Whedon written that are good.

Mal: Mercy is the mark of a great man. (He lightly stabs Atherton) Guess I’m just a good man. (He stabs him again) Well, I’m all right.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139066 (permalink)

Bandwidth AbUser

It's almost a long holiday weekend for you working stiffs. Anything interesting planned? We're probably going to refrain from sailing, as we expect it'll be a zoo in and around our harbor. My wife and I were talking about (her approved level of) cleaning the interior of the boat, and maybe a few small projects that'll make it more comfy to stay onboard overnight or for the weekend. Grilling on the patio is also a must.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139067 (permalink)

Grilling on Sunday, usual weekend chores. Boring old couple with kids......
'07 RDX
Old 05-25-2017, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139068 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Has been a busy week so fer. Setup 300 employees with very restricted settings with Office365 email. Everyone in our company now has email and is in our Active Directory.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 05-25-2017 at 04:46 PM..
Old 05-25-2017, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139069 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Good Friday morning all.

I have been sorting through several boxes of stuff I brought from my parents house after my dad died. Throwing away lots of old crap like the tax returns from the mid 1980s for my grandmother. Lots of canceled checks and mortgage papers.

I found the $4,100 promissory note for all the lumber to build my grandparents house. Bank books from the 1940s and other useless trivia.

I am sorting out the photos that are identified and now I need to find a cousin that wants them. I have the best of them scanned and uploaded to my family tree on Ancestry.com. It was interesting to go to a different computer and go to the site and search for one of my great great parents or even a parent and the photos I uploaded pop up as thumbnails with some information. The user as to of course register with Ancestry.com to see the tree I built and they can only see the information of the dead relatives, no one living.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 05-26-2017, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139070 (permalink)

morning all. its Friday. last night was fun. Connor was on his own as the usual band leader was awol so he and the guy on congas just had fun.
'07 RDX
Old 05-26-2017, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139071 (permalink)

Garage
If the weather holds we will be cooking meat on a stick over a campfire tonight. We have a get together on dad's side Sunday. Saturday or Monday we will go hiking and picnicking at Maquoketa Caves park, depending on my sister's plans. We will probably grill or smoke something as well.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139072 (permalink)

That's the plan for us. I'll be grilling something on Monday. Probably burgers and brauts.
'07 RDX
Old 05-26-2017, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139073 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper35 View Post
If the weather holds we will be cooking meat on a stick over a campfire tonight. We have a get together on dad's side Sunday. Saturday or Monday we will go hiking and picnicking at Maquoketa Caves park, depending on my sister's plans. We will probably grill or smoke something as well.
Going for the wacky tobacky or meth?

Enjoy your camping, we never went camping much when I was a kid because my parents loved me.

My dad was born in a $100 house in packing town part of OKC in 1930. It was basically about the same as my storage building now only I have electricity in my shed. In his words, he grew up camping. The great depression was still going strong and my grandpa had to share a job with another man. They each worked for 4 days per week and just swapped every 4 days. Not much money for high living things like running water or electricity.

I went camping a lot as a kid in boy scouts but I got over that pretty soon.

My brother loves camping and has had his VW camper van for 40 years. They just bought a Winnebago Vista.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139074 (permalink)

chemo round one starts 6/8. I'm still planning to be at parade at this point.
'07 RDX
Old 05-26-2017, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139075 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Parents bought the house I grew up in in 1962 for $18,000. It was a new house, 900sqft with a one car garage on a 50' x 150' lot. They may have re-fied it because when Dad retired they still had two years left and decided to put his retirement in CDs and not pay off the house because CDs were paying over 10% and the mortgage was for less than 4%. Man those were the days eh?
Old 05-26-2017, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139076 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Got all the camping bugs out of my system between Boy Sprouts and camping/beerfests in college.

Will fire up the smoker/roaster/grill but that is nothing unusual around here. Got brauts and burger fixins for the long weekend. Already had some braut for lunch today.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139077 (permalink)

Garage
Glen, we aren't camping. The campfire is in the back yard. As far as what to smoke, probably some meat over hickory and maple, but maybe mesquite. Not sure, that is our boys domain now.

Mom and dad paid $27 for their 1550sq/ft home in 1973. Their mortgage had a very low interest rate and the company always harassed them to refinance to "lower their monthly payment". Uh huh, sure. Funny they did that when interest rates were high.

Almost have our 100' of new wall done.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139078 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
In 1929 when grandpa bougt that house is was 100 bucks and it was all they had. That is $1,700 or so today. I can still buy a basic shed for about that I guess. Grandma said they often had frost on the beds in the morning and the water pitcher froze so they had to start a fire in the stove to thaw the water. I think about that on occasion when I am sitting in a nice warm house that I can make warmer by hitting a button of the thermostat on the way to the bathroom with a heated floor and then stop at the kitchen and get a beer.

Grandpa went to work at Amour and company when he was 16 and worked there until they closed. He started by loading freight cars with cut up meat and retired as the manager of the credit union. He cut up a lot of cows over the years. Again, I can't imagine that hot building and the smell of butchery all day for 12.5 cents per day and happy to get the time on the job.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139079 (permalink)

Garage
Dad said when they were young they learned to get dressed very quickly. He said once you brushed the snow off the covers and got out from underneath you got your clothes on very quickly and you were wide awake. He still does not drink coffee.

They also skimmed the cream off the milk in the morning for their cereal.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139080 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: