Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 230 votes, 3.26 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

take it off and toss it in the seat and tell them its left in the car from the deer who jumped in the middle of the road.
'07 RDX
Old 03-12-2018, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143381 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper35 View Post
Jim, it was just as cheap for us to put the Cobra on the regular insurance with agreed value. My only restriction is the license plates are Hobbyist and you cannot drive a car with Hobbyist plates in January unless you pay a January fee. I don't wish to drive it in January anyway. No top and no real heater makes for a cold drive. Liberty I think is who we are with now.
I'll check them out as well. Thanks Brent!
Old 03-12-2018, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143382 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Just figured with my luck I would get pinned in the car in such a way that I could not get the helmet off. Guess if asked why I was wearing a helmet could have always just said. "You telling me you don't ware a helmet when you're driving?"

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 03-12-2018 at 06:33 PM..
Old 03-12-2018, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143383 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Somebody needs to go to my brother Bob's in Tulsa and destroy all of his PC desktops and laptops.

He got an email saying his iCloud account was going to expire and followed the link in the email. And entered the information giving them his AppleID and Password.

Told him he needs to go to Apple Support and call them so any charges could be stopped. That they would ask him to report the card stolen and get a new one an enter on his account. That he needed to change his password and turn on multi-facotor authentication. And to quit clicking on links in emails!

Instead of going to Apple, he googled Apple Support on his infected PC after getting hacked and the number he got was not an Apple 800 number. They had him install software to access his computer (his PC) and told him he couldn't run both McAfee and Fixit Stick at the same time so had him disable them both. Said they they could fix his computer for $150. And not to change his password or report his card stolen that he was fine. Said it was a real nice Indian guy and that he gave him his extension to call him back when he had the $150.

I have never had Apple Support want to login to my computer. They were able to talk me thru any issues without seeing my screen. Have never called with an AppleID possible hack concern that they didn't immediately have me change my password and disabled my card number. The have never told me they could fix it for a charge. In fact, I have never been charged for Apple Support. i have also never gotten anyone with a noticeably Indian accent calling Apple.

There is a reason he keeps getting hacked. I'm expecting his PC to lock down with ransom ware just any day now since he turned off McAfee and Fixit Stick.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 03-12-2018 at 08:50 PM..
Old 03-12-2018, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143384 (permalink)
Professional Bull5hiter

Oh no. Some people are their own worst enemy

83 944 Guards Red

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Australian_English_terms_for_people
Old 03-13-2018, 03:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143385 (permalink)
Professional Bull5hiter

Oops almost wrote enenemie...I guess that could apply to some.

83 944 Guards Red

Old 03-13-2018, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143386 (permalink)
Professional Bull5hiter

Happy birthday David

83 944 Guards Red

Old 03-13-2018, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143387 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Happy Birthday David!

Hey we made it through Monday.

Richard, my MIL is the is almost as computer inept as your brother, with one MAJOR difference. She just freaks out at the idea of updating anything or changing things. She uses Quicken to keep her checkbook. She HAS to upgrade from some old version that is several years old by April 15th or it will stop working. She is just going to wait for us to come up there and she will "let" me do the upgrade. It is super simple, just pay for it, and click a few buttons. She breaks out in a cold sweat thinking about it. She 86 so I guess I will cut her some slack.

One reason we got her an iPad is that it is safe, and updates are pretty painless. There is a constant updates just like Windows, but the iPad is simple and she has admitted the iPad has made her life better. She reads a TON of books all for fee, she plays games and does her email. It has helped keep her mind active. Way better than just watching TV.

She even admitted to reading a analog paper book the other day and from habit just swiped he finger to go to the next page like one does with an e-book.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 03-13-2018, 05:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143388 (permalink)

Garage
Happy Birthday David!
Old 03-13-2018, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143389 (permalink)

morning all. up and at work, half day for me. At noon its off to see dads doc at the nursing facility then over to his apartment to move stuff out.
'07 RDX
Old 03-13-2018, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143390 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Happy Freakin Burpday!

Congratulations on the celebration of the anniversary of the first time you got held upside down and slapped on the butt until until you screamed.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143391 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDinOKC View Post
Happy Freakin Burpday!

Congratulations on the celebration of the anniversary of the first time you got held upside down and slapped on the butt until until you screamed.
51 laps around the sun and I'm pretty sure I don't miss the butt slapping.
'07 RDX
Old 03-13-2018, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143392 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Don't remember anything before my 1st birthday. Moved to OKC just after I was born. Moved again just before my 2nd birthday. Remember going back to get one of my toys left at that first house and a couple of things that happened at that house but that's it. Don't remember the stuff I have pictures of from there.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 03-13-2018 at 07:36 AM..
Old 03-13-2018, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143393 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
My earliest memories are flying to the territory of Hawaii in early 1959. I remember what had to be the longest airplane ride in the world. It felts like days. I looked it up. A C-54 cruises at 240 MPH. It is 2608 miles from LA to Honolulu. With take off and landing it was an 11 hour flight. For a little kid it was an eternity. I remember all the fireworks from the big statehood celebrations as well.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143394 (permalink)

I don't remember much either but I'm sure I don't like swats.
'07 RDX
Old 03-13-2018, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143395 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Got swats very few times. Just the threat of it was all it took for me.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143396 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
I was the model perfect child. Other parents pointed at me and asked their kids why they are not more like me.

That really needs to be in green. My parents likely are rolling over in their graves.

I was not a bad kid, it was always my brother causing the problems. No really!
Old 03-13-2018, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143397 (permalink)

Garage
I was an awesome kid, my parent just didn't realize it because my sister is a saint. Popular, musically gifted, valedictorian, was the person Roger painted in the mural at school giving the graduation speech, and pretty. How do you compete with that? Also, a lot of the stuff I did that would cause them grief they never found out about. Well there was a school suspension it took over a week for them to find out about.

Oddly enough, my sister and I get along great. So well we are not allowed to be on the same team for Pictionary, Charades, and so forth.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143398 (permalink)

I was perfect in every way.
Perfectly good.
Perfect pain in the #@@.
Perfectly naughty.

See perfect!
'07 RDX
Old 03-13-2018, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143399 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Got suspended for a week when I was a Senior in HS. Dad got really pissed off when they called him at work to tell him. When he called me and I told him it was the Week of Spring Break, he laughed and told everyone at work..

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 03-13-2018 at 10:19 AM..
Old 03-13-2018, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143400 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: