Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 231 votes, 3.25 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDinOKC View Post
It is not like you pull the parking brake on an leave it on. You push in the button, lift it, and then immedeately push the handle back down to release it, All the time holding in the button on the end of the handle to keep it from latching in position, And not being able to also heel and toem removed it from my wheelhouse of driving options. Do you use the ebrake to add bias to the rear brakes yes, do you leave it on for ANY lenght of time over just tapping the rears, no.

Ideally it would be easier if you could somehow lock the ebrake latching button in so it does not rachet and hold on the brakes and have some kind of spring to release the ebrake so you could use it like a hand operated version of the brake pedal on it only lets you tap the rear brakes only.

That is also why it takes practice. it takes practice like doing turn-ins without the ebrake. You do initiate turn-in with the weight transferred to the front and release the brakes as you turn in and apply power so the weight transfer comes back to banalced 4 wheel drift as the car is pointed to the apex with just enough power to maintain the slight drift.

Unlike the standard drift, with the ebrake intiated tighter turn the front tires do not drift as much as control the slip-angle of the rears that are in power oversteer, broken loose and spinning to rotate the car thru a tighter turn, using that slip angle to both stop the car from spinning out and accelerate the car around the tighter corner line. Like on dirt or ice. You make the car corner tighter than the available traction allows.
The rally cars have a johnson bar that they pull for the ebrake. Spring loaded and no ratchet action. You need one for the 928!

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149041 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
Hardest part of ebrake turns in the 944 is shifting with your right hand, and grabbing the brake on the floor with your left! What Hand turns the wheel!?
Old 04-15-2019, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149042 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche4life View Post
Hardest part of ebrake turns in the 944 is shifting with your right hand, and grabbing the brake on the floor with your left! What Hand turns the wheel!?
Same with the 914. It is really hard to steer with knees, shift and e-brake. Maybe that is why I never learned the procedure, or never tried it.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 04-15-2019, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149043 (permalink)

Garage
Scandinavian flick is easier.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149044 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Someone on the IT team posts to teams at least once perday. Then there are a couple of answers. But it rarely has anything to do with work. Have it on my phone so doint launch the desktop Teams unless I have too. But you only have to launch it once and it keeps team processes running after you close the app. You have to restart the com;uter to kill them.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149045 (permalink)

Garage
Monty Python programming. It isn't quite dead yet!

Old 04-15-2019, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149046 (permalink)

Get off my lawn!

Garage
Wow, I got my new prescription lenses installed into my old frames. I knew my left eye had changed, and it is my dominate eye. Stuff that is tiny text took a magnifying glass to read before. Now I can read it all again.

Mid range and far vision was OK if I shifted my head around before to get to the right area of the lens. Now it is "just right" with the glasses on.

I just back from the post office. I dropped off my taxes. 2018, and the first quarter estimate for 2019. Dang, what a screwing.

No doubt every citizen needs to just cut a check on tax day and forget the payroll deduction bit. It is expensive to see your paycheck with all the taxes removed, but you get used to the lower total. It is eye watering to cut a check for more that my first three cars combined. And two of them were brand new!
Old 04-15-2019, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149047 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
You do not change gears while doin the ebrake thing.

It is similar to the flick, but does not require as much front wheel turning to rotate the car, that is what the ebrake is used for. only it is applied off an on for better control of how much the car rotates.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149048 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
I only get 65% of my paycheck after all the bits are removed, taxes, Social Security, 401k, health ins. etc. It was 70% plus I got a refund back when both my Mom and Brother were dependents even though they were on SSI.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 04-15-2019 at 11:00 AM..
Old 04-15-2019, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149049 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
Have done the flick on the track before though. Was practicing braking as late a possible from 140mph straight to the tightest turn on the track they call the Stop Sign. Hit the brakes and my foot when thump on the floorboard. So out of panic i did the flick turning the car sideways. I still had the clutch in and it looked like I could go ahead and make the corner so dropped it in gear an floored it. Looked like I was dirt tracking the corner but it was pavement. I glanced over to the corner worker and he was giving me two thumbs up. Just coasted arouned the track for the last two laps of the session. Right after the session Kim Krumb a porsche factory driver came over and told me "He was right behind me and saw what I did." Said, "I just wanted to let you know, you only got so many of those in you." Smiled and walked off.

And yep, the 928 ebrake handle is not only on the left side. It is basically on the floor too. AND the spring in the ratchet release button with flatten the end of your thumb.

But there was just something about those single cone 180* turns Matt setup at those auotcrosses that made me want to do it.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 04-15-2019 at 12:21 PM..
Old 04-15-2019, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149050 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
There are party dress ads on my pellican pages now. It is much better than men's underwear and socks I must say.

Maybe if we all did a little searching for women's lingerie?

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 04-15-2019 at 12:27 PM..
Old 04-15-2019, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149051 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDinOKC View Post
There are party dress adds on my pellican pages now. It is much better than men's underwear and socks I must say.

Maybe if we all did a little searching for women's lingerie?
Richard, please for the sake of my new glasses, do not ever wear a party dress in a place that I might possibly see it.

Please!
Old 04-15-2019, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149052 (permalink)

Garage
Party dress is probably better than lingerie, I would think. Don't need pics of either though. Really.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149053 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper35 View Post
Party dress is probably better than lingerie, I would think. Don't need pics of either though. Really.
Aw man, now I need mind's eye bleach.

We had a customer at the old Pro Photo place. He was a very um, a non attractive man, but a good customer. One day he whoops, she came walking in. The full June Cleaver type full dress, ear rings, necklace, makeup and purse. He was not pretty as a dude, and she was just hard to look at. We just carried on and changed his first name a little to his new feminized name.

I am quite sure Richard is not going to that extreme. His beard would hide any cleavage and no push up bra will fix that.

Of course I look a lot like George Clooney so a dress would never be right.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149054 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
It was of girls in their 20's Now it is matress ads. Tempur-breeze/
Old 04-15-2019, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149055 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Hey, it ain't Monday anymore!

Another shorts and t-shirt day. Mid 70s and spring like. I like it!
Old 04-16-2019, 06:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149056 (permalink)

Morning all. Its not shorts weather here just yet.
'07 RDX
Old 04-16-2019, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149057 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Phew, that was fun. Well not really.

I just got the yard mowed. It was perfect weather for it. Overcast, 72 degrees very light breeze. Tomorrow is supposed to be rain again.

If you remember, last year the bosses wife made me dig a 30 foot hole and several yards deep and plant a Sequoya tree. It has grown a lot, as you can see it is taller than the house!

It is just an camera illusion that makes it look like a dwarf Japanese Maple.

The only part of the yard that really needed mowing was all the cool weather shade grass The Bermuda is just starting to turn green. You can see my mower in the background. The single garage door is completely hidden by the giant tree.

I think my mom told me a million times not to exaggerate, and I would never do that now.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149058 (permalink)

Garage
68* and sunny here. Time to get the mower deck prepped for summer and get the Cobra down on its wheels.

Emily went from 3 clays to 13 clays to 24 last night. Ice cream seems to be a good motivator for improvement.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149059 (permalink)
Bandwidth AbUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper35 View Post
68* and sunny here. Time to get the mower deck prepped for summer and get the Cobra down on its wheels.

Emily went from 3 clays to 13 clays to 24 last night. Ice cream seems to be a good motivator for improvement.
Way to go, Emily!

We're up to a blistering 62.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149060 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: