Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
An old friend

I received this truck today, but it is more than an old truck to me. A good friend of mine bought it in 1993 and I was with him when he picked it up. Before I got married and had kids, we used to spend a lot of time together along with 4 other good friends. These are the kind of guys who are like brothers and will help you at the drop of a hat and you are lucky to find as friends. Anyway, I have a lot of great memories and stories of this truck and this group of friends. With work, family, and a new house, it was harder to get out and see each other so we didn't spend very much time together anymore. I went to visit the friend with the truck in March of 2008 and as I was leaving he asked me to try to stop by more often. I didn't know at the time that it would be the last time I would see him alive. He died of cancer in Dec. of 2008. It's been over a year since he passed on and I havn't really talked to the others since the memorial. I received a phone call 1 month ago from my friends wife. She was ready to let go of the truck and asked if I wanted it. I didn't know that she still had it. One of our good friends delivered it today and am am thankful and proud to have it. Someday it will belong to my 4 year old son but until then I am going to enjoy it and all of the great memories attached to it. It's a 1972 Chevy with a straight 6 and a 4 speed tranny. Bought new by a produce company here in Tucson. The second owner bought it in 1978 and owned it until 1993 when my friend bought it. It has been in Tucson since new.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
those are great trucks!! i want a short bed, step side version.

sorry for the loss of a great friend. do you keep in touch with the other 3?
Old 01-31-2010, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Yes, we meet every tuesday . Our friend's wife makes food and we build a fire in the back yard at his house.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
GREAT!

btw, i love tuscon.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Sorry you lost your friend.
Good friends are hard to replace.

85 carrera
Old 01-31-2010, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by williecoyote View Post
sorry you lost your friend.
Good friends are hard to replace.
+1

Wayne
Old 01-31-2010, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Nice truck, but better friends. It's great that the three of you keep in touch, and include your friend's widow.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

My grandfather once told me that if I was lucky, I could count my real friends on one hand. Grandpa's are pretty wise. Hold on to your friends.

Sorry for your loss.

Really nice truck.

Karl
88 Targa
Old 01-31-2010, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: