Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Anyone have a Jeep Liberty diesel?

My commuter car is going to be paid off next month and I am giving it to my daughter for her 16th birthday in December. I want to buy a suv and am really interested in a Jeep Liberty diesel. I will be towing a Jayco Baja pop up camper with it and also carrying a canoe. It also be my dd. What are pros/ cons of the Liberty?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I do not but I am active in the Jeep community and own Jeeps. I've heard really good things about that and the WK diesel. I think the reason they didn't make them for long was due to the Diamler Chrysler breakup - the diesel wasnt readily available on the shelf for Chrysler. I believe the engine is a Mercedes and all parts should be easily available.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
My friend had 2 Liberty's (gas tho)....BOTH were lemon law-ed. Just another data point for you.

08 911 C2S
13 Audi A4
13 MB ML350 Bluetec
Old 02-15-2011, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyPorsche View Post
I do not but I am active in the Jeep community and own Jeeps. I've heard really good things about that and the WK diesel. I think the reason they didn't make them for long was due to the Diamler Chrysler breakup - the diesel wasnt readily available on the shelf for Chrysler. I believe the engine is a Mercedes and all parts should be easily available.
The 4 cylinder turbodiesel was Italian, VM Motori. Not many people stepped up to buy them, so the emissions law change would have been cost prohibitive based on the small number of sales.

I helped my ex-GF buy a new 2003 Liberty Limited 4x4 (gas) and she drove it until 150K miles with little issue, but her commute was pure freeway, very gentle miles.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisen View Post
The 4 cylinder turbodiesel was Italian, VM Motori. Not many people stepped up to buy them, so the emissions law change would have been cost prohibitive based on the small number of sales.

I helped my ex-GF buy a new 2003 Liberty Limited 4x4 (gas) and she drove it until 150K miles with little issue, but her commute was pure freeway, very gentle miles.
Kaisen,

I apologize, you are correct. The KJ didn't have the 3.0 liter engine. I hear it wasn't a bad vehicle nonetheless.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: