Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Greasy Member

Anyone have or have worked on a Roketa 50cc scooter?

Hey braintrust....
I picked up a Roketa 50cc 4 stroke scooter to use as a pit bike at races and have some issues. I couldn't pass it up it was too good of a deal. The guy I got it from said it ran the day before, the next day, "it wouldn't start".

After tearing it down, there is a unit roketa refers to as a "voltage regulator", however from looking at the schematics it looks more like a solid state switch that only supplies current to various systems of the bike while the magneto is spinning (kinda like a speed sensor on a 944)

Thankfully parts are DIRT cheap, so for around $100 I ordered a new CDI, "regulator" and full main harness. That should fix damn near any problem that may exist, just checking to see if anyone here has already familiarized themselves with the ins and outs of these?

Thanks,
Nick

-Yes, I'm the crazy man that will loan out my 9201. Just PM me, I will add you to the list and get it out ASAP.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Google: Scooterdoc.com This IS the place to go for info on all Chinese scooters. I'm going to bet you"ll find the valves have NO clearance. They need adjusted. All 50-150 scooter engines are made at one plant. The valves are not sodium filled and "grow" for about the first 1200 miles or so..... Then the exhaust fails to close fully. Most dumass shops that know about this problem are few & far between....Check the basics first..Fuel & ignition . It ain't a hard job to do. Have fun. Oh yea......The ignition system is monkeyproof. You got spark & it's on time. Haven't seen one fail yet!

1970 Honda CB350 mint!!!

Last edited by FLYGEEZER; 08-21-2011 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: add
Old 08-21-2011, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: