Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rot 911 View Post
I question yours on a daily basis. As Dueller pointed out, in our world cops need probably cause to get the warrant.
My statement of "cops don't need a warrant if they have probable cause" is based on my understanding of the law. BTW it's probable, not probably.

That statement had nothing to do with a state of mind, it's based on my understanding of the law.
My understanding is that if a police officer has probable cause that a crime is being committed, he can enter a residence to stop it without obtaining a warrant. I'm not sure if the level of the crime matters, if it needs to be a felony or whatever.
If I am mistaken in that understanding, please present an argument otherwise and correct me. If that statement is not correct, just say "that is not correct Sammy, the law states ___________ and __________.

But no, you and your hippie buddy can't do that, can you. You have already taken the stance of rage against law enforcement, that is your position and evidently has been for quite some time and you've just been looking for an excuse to express it and along came this thread. A thread where someone asks some pertinent questions because the original story didn't make sense as originally told, there were key pieces of information left out.

You and your cop-hating buddy jumped on that and directed your irrational hatred of cops towards me.

The cops knocked on a door and said, "police, open up" which is apparently the standard thing to say if Hollywood has it right.
I wouldn't know, I don't recall EVER having police knock on my door in the middle of the night, except that one time they did to let me know my garage door was accidentally left open and that I should close it if I don't want all my expensive tools stolen. IIRC I thanked the officer very much for waking me up.

So in the OP the cops knocked on a door and said, "police. Open up".
But the OP was calling it an assault, claiming that there was some sort of cover-up and conspiracy, as if the police had beaten the crap out of some innocent bystander or something and suggested that his being on the phone saved their lives or some other sort of rubbish. It simply didn't make sense.
That's all that happened. That's it. They knocked on a door.

The post didn't make sense. Then I agreed with another poster who stated that the post didn't make sense and that there had to be more to this story.
And that was an excuse to attack me as if i had done something terribly wrong by stating the post didn't make sense and there had to be more to it.

I have to ask of everyone who knee-jerked into cop-hating mode in this thread, why do you hate cops?
Did you get busted and instead of manning up and admitting it was due to your own actions, did you simply blame the cops instead?
Is it that cops keep you from doing bad stuff and you resent them for it?
Is it because they don't let you get away with stuff, or is it that you do get away with stuff but are tired of looking over your shoulder all the time when you're doing bad stuff?

Is it because you see .1% of cops being a-holes and you can't quite grasp the notion that means 99.9% of em are not?

What is it?

STOP acting like an ignorant 60's pig-hating hippie and start using logic and facts, please!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLP View Post
A "cover up" of knocking on the door? Seriously guy?
The only thing I've head that has any suggestion to impropriety or cover up or anything like that is a police supervisor said the police knocked on the door with their hand, but Grady has stated he believes they used a baton or their foot, because of what he heard over ...... a cell phone?
We need to get Woodward and Bernstein in on this one.

Oh, one other thing that seems a tad curious.
The area was originally described as
Quote:
"This is a single-family duplex with no crime in the area"
and then later as

Quote:
Yes, they live in a ‘less-than-desirable’ neighborhood – something I’m concerned about........................

I looked to the police to protect them from neighboring drug gangs and other criminal elements. ..................

Yes, I (and my employee) were not oblivious to the neighborhood situation. I have great concerns.............

Did that strike anyone else as being odd?

EDIT: something just clicked.
The housekeeper's reaction to the knock by the police did not seem normal.
The reaction of her kids did not seem normal. Grady's reaction to that knock did not seem rational.
Unless they were hiding something or afraid of the police.

The only thing I can think of that would explain those reactions would be if the housekeeper's legal residency status was in question.

Don't know if that's the case or not but it would make things seem more reasonable.

So Grady, I'll ask you.
Was your housekeeper afraid of the police, or afraid of La Migra?
Is your outrage due to the police's knock on the door, or due to someone you care about being afraid of deportation?

Last edited by sammyg2; 01-06-2012 at 11:23 AM..
Old 01-06-2012, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Am I the only one that is wondering why an employee is calling her boss at 3am? I'm all for looking out for your staff, but when was the last time anyone had their boss go with them to look at a place to live or called them at 3am when they weren't drunk? All this really sounds bizare. Details are changing some. Also, why would you think that LE would have to explain anything to you anyway? You aren't the resident of the house are you?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Why do people use the term "single mom" like they are weaker and at a disadvantage......you gotta be kidding me.....most single mom's I know are a whole lot tougher than anyone else I know!

Very prejudicial in my opinion......
Old 01-06-2012, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
You do not have permissi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyg2 View Post
My understanding is that if a police officer has probable cause that a crime is being committed, he can enter a residence to stop it without obtaining a warrant.
I think the exceptions to an issued warrent are "in hot pursuit" and "immediate threat to life/limb", but I could be wrong.
I'll always defer any legal opinion to our resident attorneys(who might know a thing or three about such matters).

The warrent issues have been stretched constitutionally-thin in recent times:
alleged drug evidence being destroyed, enter first/obtain warrent a day later, etc...
Old 01-06-2012, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

Grady should know better than to come to the sewer for rational answers.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)
Seldom Seen Member

Reply typed and then deleted . . .

Got nachos?
Old 01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLP View Post
A "cover up" of knocking on the door? Seriously guy?
As I read it, Grady has a bit of disgust from being lied to by a LEO.

Apparently that is SOP of LEO's. Yes?

...wait, are you lying to me?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresoptions View Post
Seriously? The 4th & 14th amendments have been abolished thanks to Obama and his signing of the NDAA on 12-31-2011. We are a police state now get used to it...
As serious as a heart attack.

Although, to be fair, 90% of DC (House & Senate) helped with that one.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC911 View Post

edited to add: I've said it before...many of us law-abiding Pelicans would die in a similar situation through no fault of our own. LE's make "mistakes" ALL the time...they have a thankless job, but somehow "more restraints' must be implemented. No-knock entry's are a "death sentence" for many of us imo...
+1

and again, this is some serious stuff.

Weird, Doc's get their asses sued when they wrongfully kill...sometimes even when the person was too far gone. Cops? they get the benefit of the doubt. --tho' that is wearing quite thin these days. (esp around Seattle, people are PO'd with the cops. - some justified, some not.)
Old 01-06-2012, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
83 SC

Garage
if i am home at 3am, and im not doing anything illegal in my bedroom, and some cops are banging on my door...i answer it and say WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM GO AWAY

if im in my bedroom doing something naughty, i hide and pretend im not at home and hope they go away

pretty simple. whats the big deal?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: