Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
sidis are great shoes. specialized has different footbeds/inserts for better fit. bont has a footbed that you can heat and it molds to your foot shape. pearl izumi, which i beleive was bought by shimano has some really good shoes. dmt is another hand made italian shoe. fizik and giro also have great shoes. i think you just have to do some foot work and try on as many different ones, to find one that fits you.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
+1 (or more) on the Sidi opinion.
I've ridden with these for 20+ years. My current pair of road shoes replaced some that were bought in 1992 or 1993. They've been through many criterium, road races, centuries, tours & across Oregon a couple times. They come back well after getting soaked, and have parts that can be replaced (I keep a couple of rachet assy's on hand, along with the serrated straps).
Find the best price you can on a rachet strap version (I avoid the all-velcro style).
Genius and Dominator series for me - as the fit between road and MTN shoes is basically the same.

My previous shoes have been specialized, diadora, detto pietro, and another pair that I've forgotten the name of. Neither of those were as comfy or durable.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo1 View Post
Need a better pair, thinking Sidi. Want them to FIT... what say the bike riders..Sidi Men's Genius 5 Pro Carbon Road Cycle Shoe - FREE SHIPPING at Altrec.com
That's the shoe I use, very happy w/ them. Their .5 sizing choices make it possible to fit them perfectly. They are a great shoe!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutmegCarrera View Post
+1 (or more) on the Sidi opinion.
I've ridden with these for 20+ years. My current pair of road shoes replaced some that were bought in 1992 or 1993. They've been through many criterium, road races, centuries, tours & across Oregon a couple times. They come back well after getting soaked, and have parts that can be replaced (I keep a couple of rachet assy's on hand, along with the serrated straps).
Find the best price you can on a rachet strap version (I avoid the all-velcro style).
Genius and Dominator series for me - as the fit between road and MTN shoes is basically the same.

My previous shoes have been specialized, diadora, detto pietro, and another pair that I've forgotten the name of. Neither of those were as comfy or durable.
Detto and comfort do not belong to the same sentence. I love the nail on cleat. That was my first pair way back. WOW. I actually went to the bike shop in Milan. Pretty cool place.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
914-6Werkshop

I used to run a bike shop and I've ridden, raced for 30 years. I've had at least 12 pairs of Sidi's in the last 25 years. Specialized, Shimano, ect are 1 or 2 season shoes, Sidi's are 4,5, +++. They really are that much better.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

1 recommendation if I could...Sidi are awesome shoes BUT make sure you get the right size. Front to back or half sizes is one thing but many Sidi shoes come in a variety of different WIDTHS! That is one of the stand out features of these shoes. Mega toe box, EE, EEE, etc. if your buying on line and ask for a specific shoe that happens to be a great deal, make sure its exactly what you need both length and width.

Also, while the Bontragers are a good idea, check you local Trek store to see if they have any left over Nike Cycling shoes. Nike got into shoes with Lance and have phased them out but if you can find a pair that fit, I've seen brand new carbon shoes go for $100.00!

If your body feels good after you've been fit for your bike, imagine how well you will ride if your shoes are custom!

My .02, good luck!
1974 BMW 3.0cs (Penelope)
2004 Chevy Astro Van (The Skipper)

Last edited by nikita76; 03-04-2012 at 05:31 PM..
Old 03-04-2012, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
For as tall as I am and as big as I am I have tiny feet.....don't even start with the dick jokes.....I ran a 4:03 mile...my daughters have bigger feet....

Anyways......I have found that good footwear is essential. Custom shoes not only fit better but last 3-5 times longer.

I have some cowboy/goat roper boots that are older than 'Sid' and just need a resole every 5 years....

My skate boots are 30 years old.....
Old 03-04-2012, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
N-Gruppe doesn't exist

Location: *%@#ing GPS, where am I? Oh wait I see the Space Needle.
Send a message via AIM to teenerted1
SIDI!!!!!!!
i have a couple pairs right now, mtn and road dont remember the models. get the correct fit they will last years.

have had several of both road and mtn from shimano if they werent at cost i wouldnt have had them.

dont like specialized one bit didnt last a summer of dry mtn riding.

time shoes ok if you have their road gear, the mtn shoes arent the same quality as their mtn pedals.

diadora not bad if they fit your feet.
'70 911T 3.0L "SKIPPY" R-Gruppe #477
'73 914 2.0L SOLD bye bye "lil SMOKEY"
"Silence is Golden, but duct tape is SILVER.
other flat fours:'77 VWBus 2.0L & 2002 ImprezaTS 2.5L
Old 03-05-2012, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: