Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Information Overloader

I asked my guy, as many of you already know, as to if he found my keys my GF alleges I or my GF is alleged to have inserted.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #281 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
my wife met me in recovery and asked me what i thought of the drugs.

i said, i loved them but they make my ass hurt..
the nurse laughed and said that joke never gets old..i think she was being nice..
Old 01-04-2017, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #282 (permalink)
Information Overloader

I vaguely remember during the procedure that I asked the attendant RN or whatever she was had she any interest whatsoever in riding thouroghbred horses on a trailride.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #283 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowbob View Post
I vaguely remember during the procedure that I asked the attendant RN or whatever she was had she any interest whatsoever in riding thouroghbred horses on a trailride.
hahahha... dude.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #284 (permalink)
Information Overloader

My GF whisked me out of the room (or whatever it was) when I asked if bareback was the preferred technique.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #285 (permalink)
Kessel run in 12 parsecs!

Garage
After the procedure, don't shake hand with the doctor.....LOL!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #286 (permalink)
Zink Racer

I'm scheduled for an upper and lower procedure in a few weeks. I get the upper for long term reflux. Therefore the sedation is a bit more involved but they said 2 hours in and out. Looking forward to having this in the rear view mirror.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #287 (permalink)

Today is my " prep " day this will be the 3rd time for me since I turned 50 . First one was clean second one they found one polyp . So to be safe having another before I turn 60 in January . Since I had prostate cancer 2 years ago that was another deciding factor . So I'm drinking black coffee and only broth and semi clear liquids for the day . At 6:00 start chugging the magic juice and prepare for liftoff !

Having done this twice it's no big deal just getting through the prep is the worst part . My procedure happens tomorrow at 7:30 AM so looking forward to some breakfast after that , wife said we'll scope out a Waffle House to get some grub
Old 11-09-2017, 03:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #288 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
... and prepare for liftoff !
Sorry, that made my LOL here in the office!

All the best!
Old 11-09-2017, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #289 (permalink)

Houston we have started fueling process of the special " cleansing ' fuel will wait for launch sequence to begin !
Old 11-09-2017, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #290 (permalink)

All of this is child's play after going thru a prostrate biopsy and the prep of a self-administered enema....Twice
1962 XKE Roadster (sold)
19 motorcycles
Old 11-09-2017, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #291 (permalink)

Sorry for the delay I couldn't get on Pelican for several days not sure why Anyway procedure went as expected one polyp found it seems like I'm good for one polyp every 5 years . The doctor wasn't concerned in its appearance but it was sent off to the lab for analysis . I should be good for another 5 years .
Old 11-13-2017, 03:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #292 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

This issue has me a bit confused. Kaiser says I need one every ten years. Last time my primary care guy scheduled one, the doctor who did the one three years before called to say they only did them every ten years. That was eight years ago now. He couldn't complete the last one because of diverticulosis and send me to the barium route. My father had colon cancer which went to his liver & brain before he died of it. Didn't make any difference when I t old him that. I was under the impression you did one every five years or so after your 50s, especially if you had a primary relative who had died from it.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #293 (permalink)

Garage
Went to get mine scheduled last week. I went in to talk about an endoscopy because I've had some GERD-like problems and a real bad occurrence last week that led to 40 hours of hiccups. Doc's asst. said to do a colonoscopy at the same time, since it's a two-fer with the anesthesiologist, and my dad had just reminded me that he had some polyps at his first one at age 50. Guess I'll get an early start on this.
'83 SC
'87 Carrera
Old 11-13-2017, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #294 (permalink)

Don't miss these, a long time, very close friend, just got the word a week ago, that not only was his cancer back, but he has been given (now) less than a month to live

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 11-13-2017, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #295 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans, Marv View Post
This issue has me a bit confused. Kaiser says I need one every ten years. Last time my primary care guy scheduled one, the doctor who did the one three years before called to say they only did them every ten years. That was eight years ago now. He couldn't complete the last one because of diverticulosis and send me to the barium route. My father had colon cancer which went to his liver & brain before he died of it. Didn't make any difference when I t old him that. I was under the impression you did one every five years or so after your 50s, especially if you had a primary relative who had died from it.
If you have no history then you should get your first one at 50, earlier if you have a family history. The outcome of that first one will determine when you should get your next. I had my first at 50, they found a polyp or two, sent them to the lab, benign, but rescheduled me for a followup in 3 years. Went in for that one, found another polyp, again benign, but now my next followup is in 5 years instead of 3. That's just my personal experience. I'm never going to get to the poop in a box and send it in method.

One thing for your first timers - have someone in the room with you when they go over the results, because at least for me I don't remember anything from recovery.
I don't even remember the ride home.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #296 (permalink)

Well, I had my first colonoscopy at 67, so my second scheduled one on the ten year interval will be in almost 77 in two years. I did have two sigmoidoscopies in the eighties or early nineties. The first one was the ancient method where they shoved a pipe up your butt, removed a bullet shaped plug and looked in with some kind of scope.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #297 (permalink)

Damn Byron so sorry to hear that ! But I agree 100 % with what you said we ( men ) need to take this seriously ! Yes the prep is a bother but if caught early the cancer can be treated . And for most of us the results will be good and you have a baseline for when the next needs to be done .

I'm officially retired on 12/1 and I wanted to get this done while still on the company insurance . Well apparently Aetna doesn't think every 5 years is needed so I had to pay more out of pocket than I was expecting . But it's not Aetna's health I'm worried about !!!

I'm a firm believer that there are two tests/procedures we as men need to pay attention to and that's prostate and colon . In 2015 I was found to have prostate cancer , it was diagnosed very early and taken care of . I may have lived with it for another 25 years or it could have killed me in two you have no way of knowing . You feeling lucky

Don't put the tests off guys.......... end of public service announcement
Old 11-14-2017, 03:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #298 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: