Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I'm just curious about Spirit Air. Not planning to fly them myself. I don't fly on my own dime enough to need to spend less than Southwest charges.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile View Post
They try to make me pay to use a toilet and I swear I'll drop a steamer in the vomit bag for 'em instead.
Same here, sans barf bag. I would not be above landing a grunt sculpture outside of the cockpit door, or writing my name along the wall.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Parrothead member

My step-daughter flew on Spirit this past weekend. Told me no free snack. $4.00 for a tiny bag of pretzels, $3.00.. for a bottle of water.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
they charge for checked bags AND overhead bin space?

damn..i guess they are really catering to the luggage-less traveler. they are really bountiful.

no thanks. i fly SWA 99% of the time. two free checked bags and two carry on bags. the math is easier.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash View Post
they charge for checked bags AND overhead bin space?

damn..i guess they are really catering to the luggage-less traveler. they are really bountiful.

no thanks. i fly SWA 99% of the time. two free checked bags and two carry on bags. the math is easier.
Yep...the only free spot left is under the seat in front of you...if it doesn't fit..you pay.
Also, you have to listen them pitching their Spirit Mastercard at the gate, and during the flight.
I still like them because of the price and non-stop routes.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

I am flying them to Las Vegas in 2 weeks. I had no idea they where such a cheap airlines, I just booked them because they flew at the times I needed to go.
I'll let you know how it goes
Steve
Old 05-16-2012, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnone1 View Post
I am flying them to Las Vegas in 2 weeks. I had no idea they where such a cheap airlines, I just booked them because they flew at the times I needed to go.
I'll let you know how it goes
Steve
To make your journey easier, you might want to get some KY Jelly and "pre-mix" it with sand or metal filings.

That way when you are "bent over" by Spirit when you ask for something to eat, drink or God forbid need to put your bag in the overhead space that Boeing designed and built for your bags, the "insertion process" will be quicker and not hurt as much as with the other passengers.

Also, if you are thinking of doing more than one of the above, get some "Preparation H" and include it on the mix. It has some pain reliever and helps with the screaming while you are being screwed and your wallet is being emptied of its $$$.

Lastly, once you finally land and get off of the airplane, look at the faces of the passengers getting off of Southwest Airlines and compare them with your fellow passengers on Spirit. SWA pax are reasonably happy while Spirit pax are just happy to get off of the plane and away from the sucking sound that is emptying the $$$ from your wallet.
2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins (the workhorse), 1992 Jaguar XJ S-3 V-12 VDP (one of only 100 examples made), 1969 Jaguar XJ (been in the family since new), 1985 911 Targa backdated to 1973 RS specs with a 3.6 shoehorned in the back, 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (former SCCA H-Prod), 1995 BMW R1100RSL, 1971 & '72 BMW R75/5 "Toaster," Ural Tourist w/sidecar, 1949 Aeronca Sedan / QB
Old 05-17-2012, 04:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
I fly Allegiant every couple/few weeks and they are much like Spirit. I LOVE them and am very thankful I can fly them so cheaply. I can suffer through a 2 hour flight (direct) to save $300-$400, thanks.
I fly Allegiant a lot as well, without too many horror stories. With that being said, Spirit And RyanAir sound like they are Much more extreme in their application of the low cost business model.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
I'm sitting on a USair flight right now in Phoenix, (connection), really nice discount airline. You guys had me scared to death with this thread but so far so good!

They were by far the cheapest last-minute flight to Mpls., beat SW and Sun Country by approx. $100. Nice new planes and a very normal coach
Old 05-17-2012, 01:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: