Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 5 - Miscellaneous > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Chemicals? C-4? Thermite? Yellowcake?

I've been wondering about the .22 cal pellet guns. I don't know if they are considered a fire arm or not. I know my Taser is not considered a firearm, hence no permit required for it.

I originally said to use a .22 cal longrifle, simply my weapon of choice because I can shoot a squirrel's eye out at 100 ft with it. And it'll penetrate the lexan lens and shatter the bulb. You might even hit the ceramic base, which would be even better.

Honestly, the city has bailed on you. Your only opions are to either hire an attorney or take direct action. Around here (rural countryside just outside city limits) people are accustomed and expected to be more self sufficient. People in urban cities are funny. If there is no one to call to do your bidding, you guys are lost. I know if I exhausted all other courses of action, tried to work with her, offered to buy her a new light, etc etc and she refused, and I removed it with a chain, when she called the cops out, they'd do nothing. They would tell her too bad, so long as no one is being harmed and I showed that I bent over backwards to try to work with her.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:30 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
Evil Capitalist Pig

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWebb View Post
I have mostly very nice neighbors, but one is bad. They have an illegal street light mounted on an (also illegal) outbuilding and have refused to turn it off or to allow me to pay for someone to put a hood on it. The City refuses to enforce the code violation.

So, I built some planters and put bamboo in them to block the worst of the light. I keep the bamboo trimmed so it does go over onto their property.

But, the nasty old witch (often called something else that rhymes with that by many around here) reaches over the fence and grabs the bamboo stems and breaks them off.

A law suit is not cost-effective even w/o having to pay a lawyer, and neither is a surveillance camera really tho I have thought of that...

I have also thought of spray painting this woman baby poo yellow and having god turn here into (stone) -- a concrete fence or lawn ornament, really...
U should use your kung-fu grip on her. that'll learn her quick.

rjp
Kids, drugs are BAD. Just say NO.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:37 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)
Righteous Indignation

You could put up a low voltage electrical fence. You know, to keep the deer out of your bamboo.

Make sure you post a couple of easily visible warning signs. When she complains, tell her you just know its the deer because of all the broken off shoots you've been finding.

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."
Old 05-21-2012, 12:45 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
Double Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
You could put up a low voltage electrical fence. You know, to keep the deer out of your bamboo.

Make sure you post a couple of easily visible warning signs. When she complains, tell her you just know its the deer because of all the broken off shoots you've been finding.
that is a great idea...really. Now for that light...rent one of these for a weekend.......

Old 05-21-2012, 12:49 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)
Righteous Indignation

If it were me, I'd be renting a Sasquatch suit and wait on the other side of the bamboo. Once I heard shoots being snapped off, I'd come outta that bamboo yelling at the top of my lungs like I was going to bite her head off.

Bet that would take care of the problem too.

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."
Old 05-21-2012, 12:54 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)
Double Trouble

excellent way to get shot too.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:57 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Quote:

any more thoughts on capsicum (pepper) on the stems she can reach?
No, but rubbing them liberally with some poison oak might be worth a shot. Also, get some poison ivy for good measure.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:05 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
You need toilet seats.

This happened in my neck of the woods.

Good friend of mine lives a couple doors away.

Neighbor dispute leads millionaire to put toilet bowl decor in front yard | Sun Journal
Old 05-21-2012, 01:32 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)
Bill is Dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODDJOB UNO View Post
one teensie problemo...............pellet rifles /pistols ARE OFFICIALLY CONSTRUED as FIREARMS...
On what planet?

27 CFR 478.11
Firearm. Any weapon, including a starter gun, which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; the frame or receiver of any such weapon; any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or any destructive device; but the term shall not include an antique firearm. In the case of a licensed collector, the term shall mean only curios and relics.

I guess you could construe a pellet rifle as a weapon, but federal law says it ain't no firearm.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:48 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

Quote:
snip....

large quantity of crushed red pepper.

used drip coffee maker from the thrift store.

a liter or so of mineral oil.

coffee filters to fit the coffee maker.

fill coffee filter with pepper. fill receptacle with mineral oil. turn the coffee maker on. (do this outside, BTW.) collect peppered mineral oil. toss the used filter/pepper. fill new filter with new pepper. pour peppered mineral oil into the receptacle. repeat. repeat.

if you want to make it really nasty, mix the above with petroleum jelly and smear it on extra thick. all over. especially where she has to reach over. when she gets it on herself and then smears it around, it will be too late.

that crap will peel car paint. enjoy.

PPOT: the sound of one hand clapping.

Last edited by nynor; 05-21-2012 at 01:55 PM..
Old 05-21-2012, 01:51 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)
Double Trouble

what he said.....

27 CFR 478.11
Firearm. Any weapon, including a starter gun, which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; the frame or receiver of any such weapon; any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or any destructive device; but the term shall not include an antique firearm. In the case of a licensed collector, the term shall mean only curios and relics.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:52 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

i think the definition hinges on the definition of the word 'explosive'. if that word can be construed to mean the rapid expansion of compressed gas inherent with a pellet gun, it is a firearm. just sayin'.

PPOT: the sound of one hand clapping.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:00 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

well if "explosive" =/= combustion, then my idiot retard older brother's ass is a firearm.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:03 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
Quote:

isnt pepper/bear spray pure capsicum oil? can you put sprigs of poison oak/ivy on the bamboo?
Old 05-21-2012, 02:16 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)
Bill is Dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynor View Post
i think the definition hinges on the definition of the word 'explosive'.
From 18 USC 841
...“explosives” means any chemical compound mixture, or device, the primary or common purpose of which is to function by explosion; the term includes, but is not limited to, dynamite and other high explosives, black powder, pellet powder, initiating explosives, detonators, safety fuses, squibs, detonating cord, igniter cord, and igniters.

From the ATF booklet, Federal Explosives Law and Regulations:
...the term “explosive” means gunpowders, powders used for blasting, all forms of high explosives, blasting materials, fuses (other than electric circuit breakers), detonators, and other detonating agents, smokeless powders, other explosive or incendiary devices within the meaning of paragraph (5) of section 232 of this title, and any chemical compounds, mechanical mixture, or device that contains any oxidizing and combustible units, or other ingredients, in such proportions, quantities, or packing that ignition by fire, by friction, by concussion, by percussion, or by detonation of the compound, mixture, or device or any part thereof may cause an explosion.

Last edited by cashflyer; 05-22-2012 at 11:14 AM..
Old 05-22-2012, 11:10 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Just buy some pepper spray and hose down everything she can reach. Wear protection when you use the spray.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:33 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)
Banned

I sorta like that one - she will not be exposed until she is way over on my property.

BTW - the City has defined everything that shoots a projectile as a firearm - specifically includes pellet guns.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:52 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)
Did you get the memo?

I like the idea of ringing her doorbell every night. Simply ask her, "can you turn that light off, I can't sleep" then leave and ignore her ranting. EVERY NIGHT. Make it a nightly tradition.
Past: 911T, Carrera, 951, 955s, 996s, 987s, 997s, BMW x5, C36, C63, XJR, S8, Maserati Coupe, etc
Old 05-22-2012, 12:54 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

I just want to point out the folly of spraying pepper spray on your own property.

If you go through all that trouble, just fling the whole freakin tub of it over the fence. On HER SIDE of the fence for the strategically challenged.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:28 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)
Tree-Hugging Member

Love the pepper idea, but if things there are anything like they are here (CA) it could be construed as a harmful booby-trap (pun intended) by the gloria allred types. She sounds like the kind who would jump on that.

If you are trying to really get rid of the nuisance, it seems your best bet would be to talk to the husband of the crazy. Naturally "you don't want to have to report it to the city because when they investigate they'll see the illegal structure and...." He likely has a better route to action with the crazy than you do.

If, on the other hand, you want to pull her chain why not consider installing a motion-activated sprinkler system to water the bamboo? She should get quite wet trying to get near the 'boo to vandalize it. Just be sure to stake a plentiful supply of sprinkler heads high enough and back far enough to be out of reach. Support by rebar or metal fence posts so they are difficult for her to disable.

Or maybe do both?
Old 05-22-2012, 01:38 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)
Old 05-22-2012, 01:38 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: