Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 3.05 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1978 911SC Targa
Working Projects: 1968 912
Old 08-17-2015, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2501 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
The DOG thread

Picking up a theme arnt ya......

1978 911SC Targa

Last edited by bugstrider; 08-18-2015 at 05:27 AM..
Old 08-17-2015, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2502 (permalink)

Garage

1978 911SC Targa
Old 08-17-2015, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2503 (permalink)

Garage

1994 Toyota 4Runner Gen 2
Old 08-18-2015, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2504 (permalink)

Garage
^^^^
Nice seeing a doggy life vest.

1978 911SC Targa
Old 08-18-2015, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2505 (permalink)

Garage

1978 911SC Targa
Old 08-18-2015, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2506 (permalink)

Garage

1978 911SC Targa
Old 08-18-2015, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2507 (permalink)

Garage

Best type of a targa alarm.....

1978 911SC Targa
Old 08-18-2015, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2508 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post

These are my DIL's latest Pit Bull rescues. They were born a week early to a first time mom. She had 10 puppies, but began killing them almost immediately. These three were rescued and are about a week old now. My DIL has taught them how to nurse from a bottle and is now teaching them how to poop (yes, that is a mother's job). They'll be healthy and well adjusted because they'll have her other foster dogs to show them the nuances of being a dog. DIL is a saint.
As I reported earlier, the little girl at the top of the photo didn't make it. We just learned the black and white boy at the bottom is blind. He doesn't eat well and is a week behind the brown puppy in learning to eat solid food. He will be harder to find a home for, but we're hoping he'll be OK
The brown girl in the middle is full of energy and growing fast. She is up to almost 5 pounds and looks a lot like a sausage with legs.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2509 (permalink)
Thread Killer

I think you said the mother was killing the litter, right? Seems like nature's cruel instinct was at work there.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2510 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugstrider View Post
Hey Baz,
Great shot of the pack/herd/gaggle/ensemble/group/pod/flock..... How do you pull off the girls posing like that and in your other pics?
Yo Bugs...some of the pics I post are of other human's pups....if I see a good pic online I will post it - such as this one......

And in regards to training them to do something in particular.....you have to remember we're dealing with a very unique breed in the Australian Cattle Dog. They can be quite clever at times....

Thanks for all the pics of Sir Henry too!
Old 08-19-2015, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2511 (permalink)

Garage
Lilly the 4 yr old Golden Doodle. Can NOT keep her out of the pool or the lake and yet at bathtime - no way man.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2512 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
We just learned the black and white boy at the bottom is blind. He doesn't eat well and is a week behind the brown puppy in learning to eat solid food. He will be harder to find a home for, but we're hoping he'll be OK.

This is Rowdy (the blind pit bull puppy in post 2515) just before he left today. He started eating yesterday and he is going to a foster home where there are other puppies so he can be socialized.
The last thing I need is another dog, but I am so so tempted to give him a home when he is old enough. I'll have a month to think about it.
People are lining up to get his sister, the brown pup in post 2515. She is going to be a heck of a great dog for someone.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2513 (permalink)

Love! This face!

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr. 4x4
1974 VW Thing (my back burner project)
Old 08-20-2015, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2514 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Thanks for the puppy updates, Patrick.

Speaking of updates.....it's been a year now and reading this post from my friend Melissa really put a lump in my throat....well worth sharing here.....

"Today is the one year anniversary of Jake's double enucleation, the surgery to remove both his eyes. Jake had Primary Lens Luxation (PLL) and there was no stopping its progression or the pain he was experiencing. It was an emotional decision to make but the right one. We were fortunate to have the love and support of the Australian Cattle Dog community that welcomed us with open arms when I had a tornado of a puppy on my hands all those years ago. I would be lying if I said Jake plays off being blind so well that no one notices. He's still in bumper car mode, has to be rescued from falling off the front steps and can't find a smelly treat 6 inches in front of his nose. He can chase a noisy ball, herd a remote control car, and go for a hike with a little guidance from a walking stick. He's still one of the best snugglers ever. I personally want to thank the breeders who test their dogs for this horrible eye problem and hope to eradicate it from the breed entirely. One year down, Jake my boy, many more to go on this crazy adventure of life we walk together!"

Old 08-20-2015, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2515 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Baz for the update on Jake

1978 911SC Targa
Old 08-20-2015, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2516 (permalink)

Garage

1978 911SC Targa
Old 08-21-2015, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2517 (permalink)

Lol^
Old 08-22-2015, 04:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2518 (permalink)
Zink Racer

We went camping last weekend (rv camping) with the blind lab, old poodle/something and a puppy that my girlfriends daughter got recently. This is the two older dogs as we were packing and the pup was driving them a bit crazy :-)

Harley the blind lab is 12 1/2, was adopted 1st of May this year. She's adapted quite well and enjoys life!

Old 08-22-2015, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2519 (permalink)

Garage
Dogsitting for the neighbor, Skippy the shepherd and my dog Spot the heeler go all day until 2100 then they pass out. It is great.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2520 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: