Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 3.05 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
"O"man(are we in trouble)

So very sad!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2661 (permalink)

Old 10-18-2015, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2662 (permalink)
Registered ConfUser

A nice day for two new friends to hang out...

1954 BMW R25/3
Old 10-18-2015, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2663 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Nice pics Pat and Mike...man's best friend!

Woof!
Old 10-18-2015, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2664 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Please say a prayer for my friend Laurey in N.C. who lost her Maggie Mae today at the vets after operating on her gall bladder. They thought she may have had cancer and were going to take some biopsies and at some point her blood pressure spiked and she went into cardiac arrest. Laurey wasn't even with her - very sad to get that call from your vet.

Laurey along with her group has saved hundreds of doggies from death with her efforts in rescue. She still has Logan , her Blue Cattle dog, who just recently lost one of his eyes.

Hug your babies tonight.....

Under her Pear Tree....

Old 10-20-2015, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2665 (permalink)

Garage
Our lovely lady Lira, adopted when she was 10, passed away 2 years ago at age 12.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2666 (permalink)

74 911Ebay

I am happy to introduce Belle.

My wife found her on the internet and fell in love with her picture, she was local (within 30 miles) and I have a soft spot for English Setters.

We dont know much about her story, just trying to make it have a happy ending.
They tell us she is 4 years old dog that they rescued from a Kansas shelter where her clock was counting down (dogs dont last past 60 days at that shelter).
She is deaf, so we are working with each other on how to communicate.
Seems to have a great personality, insists on keeping me where she can see me (yep, does have a little separation anxiety, hoping a "stable" environment will help there.)

As I read once:

Every dog I loose takes a piece of my hart.
Every dog I find gives me a piece of theirs.
So eventually I will have a dogs hart, which will make me a much better person!

Last edited by doug_porsche; 10-22-2015 at 04:16 PM..
Old 10-22-2015, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2667 (permalink)

Belle is catching up on her sleep it looks like...
Old 10-22-2015, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2668 (permalink)

Garage
Nice save!
Congrats on the new pup..
And I sold a bunch of parts I hadn't installed yet.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2669 (permalink)

Old 10-23-2015, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2670 (permalink)

Miss Olive is not feeling well. Blood in the poop.
Appointment tomorrow 7:30. I love this girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr. 4x4
1974 VW Thing (my back burner project)
Old 10-23-2015, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2671 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
The DOG thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncroid View Post
Miss Olive is not feeling well. Blood in the poop.
Appointment tomorrow 7:30. I love this girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henry is sure Miss Olive will be good to go.... He wanted her to know that a week ago, he was feeling puny too. Wasn't too hungry for 2-3 days as well. A bit of blood in his loose #2 and even a little in his vomit(very worried). Ended up being a gastrointestinal issue. Miss Olive should of seen it, he was able to wake his humans up out of a deep slumber by the level of toxicity he would fire off during the night. Not too sure how something so foul can come out of something so small. Was able to displace all breathable O2 out of a full size room.

Some Purina EN special diet of wet and dry foods only available through the vet, 500cc of subqu fluids under the skin along with an anti inflammatory RX for 5 days and he was right as rain in about 4-5 days.

He wasn't too hip on the blood sample drawn for a panel and the needle to be hydrated but he pushed through it......

The night before his early AM vet visit. Like Miss Olive, he wasn't feeling too good and a bit lethargic.

We all wish Miss Olive well wishes and a speedy recovery. Nothin but positive thoughts from the Placerville Clan.

(To quote Baz) "Woof"

Mr Henry:

Annie; aka gramma kitty

Onyx; aka squeaky

And Dobby; aka butthead

1978 911SC Targa
Working Projects: 1968 912

Last edited by bugstrider; 10-24-2015 at 04:27 AM..
Old 10-23-2015, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2672 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
Happy pictures to Miss Olive:

Cheers

Sent via Jedi-Kung-Fu-Panda mind trick by the cat

1978 911SC Targa
Old 10-23-2015, 09:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2673 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Please say a prayer for my friend Laurey in N.C. who lost her Maggie Mae today at the vets after operating on her gall bladder. They thought she may have had cancer and were going to take some biopsies and at some point her blood pressure spiked and she went into cardiac arrest. Laurey wasn't even with her - very sad to get that call from your vet.

Laurey along with her group has saved hundreds of doggies from death with her efforts in rescue. She still has Logan , her Blue Cattle dog, who just recently lost one of his eyes.

Hug your babies tonight.....

Under her Pear Tree....

Hey Baz,

Sorry to hear about the loss of Maggie Mae,

Thoughts and prayers to their family in this unexpected loss.

1978 911SC Targa
Old 10-24-2015, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2674 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugstrider View Post
Hey Baz,

Sorry to hear about the loss of Maggie Mae,

Thoughts and prayers to their family in this unexpected loss.

Thanks, Bugs...really appreciate it. I know it's hurting her that she wasn't there to hold her, when her baby left this world. Second guessing herself.....maybe the vet as well. She'll be OK but there's an emptiness there as we all know to deal with.

We've seen it here more than we'd like, sadly.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2675 (permalink)

Garage
The DOG thread

Hey Baz

Yeah, I know.......

The past couple of weeks worth of posts were killing me. Our fellow forum members have had a really tough pull lately. A couple of times, I had to vector to another thread because it was tough to read.

Random

1978 911SC Targa

Last edited by bugstrider; 10-24-2015 at 09:03 AM..
Old 10-24-2015, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2676 (permalink)

The vet says it is giardia. (Sp?) She will be on antibiotics for the next week. I am glad it was not something more serious.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2677 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
The vet says it is giardia. (Sp?) She will be on antibiotics for the next week. I am glad it was not something more serious.

Glad to hear Olive will be on the mend and a relatively easy fix with antibiotics.

Cheers Bugs n clan

1978 911SC Targa
Old 10-24-2015, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2678 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Good to hear, Dan and also for Sir Henry, Bugs - somehow I missed your post on his illness. Dang it worries us when our kids aren't doing well.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2679 (permalink)

Thanks guys. Our vet got a complete face washing this morning. Olive absolutely loves her!
Old 10-24-2015, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2680 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: