Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 3.05 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I thought Flagil (So.??) was the treatment for Giardia. I had it once in the late '80s and that's what the doc prescribed for me. Knocked it out almost immediately. Some years ago my wife's tortious was diagnosed with giardia after she bought it. The vet proscribed Flagyl (Sp. ??) for her tortious also. So I thought it was kind of a universal med for Giardia.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2681 (permalink)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr. 4x4
1974 VW Thing (my back burner project)
Old 10-24-2015, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2682 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
^^^ Lookin good and spunky..........woot! woot! woof!

Sent via Jedi-Kung-Fu-Panda mind trick by the cat

1978 911SC Targa
Working Projects: 1968 912
Old 10-24-2015, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2683 (permalink)

Garage
This is a great thread. I posted here a couple of years back with pics of my boxers.
It's been a tough couple of years for us with the dogs. Last year rusty lost his eye from gloucioma and in May of this years I had to put piper down from cancer. She was a great dog that we had gotten from a rescue org. She came into our lives one day and gave us a lifetime of joy. My male rusty and her were the best of friends. Very hard day when we put her down. Rusty aged 10 years in the passing week. Yes dogs suffer from depression. After a month we found a puppy Guinness and he is now the center of everyone's atention.

He's has brought rusty back and never fails to make us smile.

Thank you Baz for lettin me share.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2684 (permalink)

86, I feel for you. Thank you for sharing. They are our kids. Love your new addition!
Miss Olive seems to be back to status quo...butt (no pun intended) her gas is the worst I have ever, ever....ever smelled.
God help us!
Old 10-24-2015, 08:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2685 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
The DOG thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncroid View Post
86, I feel for you. Thank you for sharing. They are our kids. Love your new addition!

Miss Olive seems to be back to status quo...butt (no pun intended) her gas is the worst I have ever, ever....ever smelled.

God help us!

When Henry was on the mend, we were horrified by a smell at 2:00 AM. Woke us both up out of a dead sleep. It was unlike anything we have ever encountered. More so than with Oz or Merlin, out now departed Aussies. It continued for several days. Yes, I was able to blame the dog this time..........

Eyes watering, labored breathing, felt like we were in a haz mat zone. When another forum member posted an old scene shot from StarTrek, I actually spit water out of my nose because I spontaneously laughed when I saw it.

It was perfect......

Culprit------- on the return trip from the vet

Accurate reaction-------- that night and several following

1978 911SC Targa

Last edited by bugstrider; 10-25-2015 at 08:38 PM..
Old 10-25-2015, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2686 (permalink)

:d :d :d
Old 10-25-2015, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2687 (permalink)

Garage
The DOG thread

Sorry to hear about your loss of Piper. Its like you lose a part of yourself when they leave us. Just goes to show how much they are a part of our lives and mean to us.

Really glad to see Guinness in your and Rusty's life. Really neat to see how a youngster can bring the spring back in our senior four legged companions. Boxers are great dogs. My son and his wife have two that are full of energy. Jake, was rescued from an abusive home where the male figure beat him. Took Jake awhile to trust guys but is a total love now. This past year, Jake went kayaking with our son and I gotta admit that this pic has to be one of my favorite.

That is quite the doggie room, very cool as are the dog pics. As far as doggie depression, it's real........

Many years ago, Murphy(my first Aussie) was on my back porch at night. That morning at 3:00 AM, he started crooning. This continued until almost 5:00 AM. Murphy never howled at anything before and since this one evening. Come to find out, his sister, Jasmine who was living with my parents 5 miles away, passed away in her sleep early that morning. He was visibly upset and would search their home and yard weeks following. Regardless what others believe, I feel that our four legged companions know what's going on around us. The memory of that night has never left my mind.

Murphy is on the left and his sister Jasmine is on the right.
Cheers Bugs

1978 911SC Targa

Last edited by bugstrider; 10-26-2015 at 07:18 AM..
Old 10-25-2015, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2688 (permalink)

Here's mine with my old dog plow truck getting ready for winter
04 BMW R1150R
DanielJacobsLLC.com
Old 10-25-2015, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2689 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans, Marv View Post
I thought Flagil (So.??) was the treatment for Giardia. I had it once in the late '80s and that's what the doc prescribed for me. Knocked it out almost immediately. Some years ago my wife's tortious was diagnosed with giardia after she bought it. The vet proscribed Flagyl (Sp. ??) for her tortious also. So I thought it was kind of a universal med for Giardia.

You can spell Flagyl (sometimes) and Giardia but not tortoise?????

Last edited by tcar; 10-25-2015 at 04:24 PM..
Old 10-25-2015, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2690 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
I'm so sorry for your Piper, 86....but she knew she was loved and will be waiting now at the bridge for Rusty so they can hang out and play again. Congrats on your little "Guiness". I'm so happy for Rusty's sake as well. Those are some awesome pics. Please give your babies a belly rub from my girls and I and I hope to see more posts of you and your kids!
Old 10-25-2015, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2691 (permalink)

Garage
Here is another of our one eyed Jack. She was named Jackie by the rescue and was born blind. She had surgery to restore sight in her right eye. Nothing they could do for the left.

I would love to know what she is thinking here.

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2692 (permalink)

Garage
The DOG thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper35 View Post
Here is another of our one eyed Jack. She was named Jackie by the rescue and was born blind. She had surgery to restore sight in her right eye. Nothing they could do for the left.

I would love to know what she is thinking here.

That's uber easy......

"Thanks my most cool human for saving me and allowing me to see just how funny you really look compared to your voice"

Cheers Bugs

PS: thanks for giving her a second chance at a good life. Great picture too....

1978 911SC Targa

Last edited by bugstrider; 10-26-2015 at 08:55 AM..
Old 10-26-2015, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2693 (permalink)

Garage
The DOG thread

The self realization that one had been effectively trained by your pup....

When you get passed by a car that slows down, rolls down the window and the occupants state....

"We see you always walking your cute little Schnauzer this time everyday..."

In my defense, only on my days off or when I shift adjust.

The Charlie Brown sweater was the wife's idea. The sweater with hot chicks with big boobs shooting machine guns got denied... Go figure!

1978 911SC Targa

Last edited by bugstrider; 10-26-2015 at 09:10 AM..
Old 10-26-2015, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2694 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the comments guys. Here's one of the boys sleeping
And Guinness
Old 10-26-2015, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2695 (permalink)

Garage
The DOG thread

Priceless expression, the title of the photo should be:

"Scooby snack inbound" or " focus grasshopper"

1978 911SC Targa

Last edited by bugstrider; 10-28-2015 at 10:44 PM..
Old 10-27-2015, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2696 (permalink)

Garage

1978 911SC Targa
Old 10-27-2015, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2697 (permalink)

Garage

1978 911SC Targa
Old 10-28-2015, 10:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2698 (permalink)

Garage

1978 911SC Targa
Old 10-28-2015, 10:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2699 (permalink)
Double Trouble

too cute to be dying...

75 914 1.8
07 Dodge Caravan
Old 10-29-2015, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2700 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: