Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 3.02 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
You do not have permissi

This make two. I'm definitely on some animal abuse watch list but I don't give a damn. I'm the only one out of dozens who brings ice to the dog park on those hot days. Stupid people there even run Huskys which is wrong. I pick up other turds and fill in holes and break up fights before they start. Do what a lot of other lazy visitors don't.

1). 85 degrees out. Borderline too hot. Had dog briefly at park and left when he slowed down. Drove 25 minutes on freeway with windows down to cool him off. Gave him three ice cubes until he didn't want any more. Left a couple on seat. It was about 7:30 pm sun setting over building. Parked in part shade. Light colored car all four windows halfway down. 10 minutes max. Ran into Home Depot bought a gallon of primer and came out to find people around car. A 6'4 dude starts walking into me with clenched fists looking to fight. He disappears when cop shows up. I get grilled etc ad nauseum every which way to sunday and stern warning. He's looking to arrest me. I'm starting to get pissed.

I spent 10 minutes in the store (risky and I should have taken him in.)

I spent 60 minutes subsequently dealing with these people while my dog is in the car waiting. If there was critical conditions before, and there potentially were, this extended stop and interrogate incident made any of those a hundred times worse. It's like they were trying to make something happen to my dog.

2). Drove down to Florida. 5 days of driving with Kavenaugh hearings blasting 24/7. Just miss the edge of hurricane Gordon.
Get into town and drive though a foot and a half deep puddles.
We unload, clean up, go to dinner. Mom insists on bring her dog to restaurant. Her emotional support baby. She also lost it after her husband died.

It's night. Pitch black. 75degrees out and dropping. Gentle ocean breeze. Pleasant evening. I leave all four windows down about a quarter.

In a few minutes waitress says people are outside asking about a dog in a car out front. I go out front and a small group of well dressed normal looking women are standing there dressed in long pants. I introduce myself. One says the dog is salivating. I tell her that's because he is being surrounded by strangers trying to break into his car and he is under stress because he doesn't want to bite anyone. She "doesn't know about that" but says to me in front of her young daughter "Be careful, people around here will bust in your windows" in street language style. Gangsta white bread housewife . "Are you leaving right now?" "No, but thank you for your concern. I will roll the windows down further."

I pull the car around to the back parking lot under a tree where I can see it from our table and put windows below halfway. These women might try to steal the dog. Sure enough, I get back to the table and a sliver car has pulled up and a woman is on the phone, smoking pacing and doing the street-tweeker walk looking in. She is frantic and probably crying.

About five minutes later a cop pulls up and checks out our car. I go out and we talk. He got a report our car has been sitting there for hours. He wants me to get water for dog. I do so. Dog hops out, laps a few for show, takes a piss, hops back in car, unconcerned. I explain that every single dog in the entire city who is out for a walk, or outside, or sleeping by an open window is under the exact same conditions as this dog. They would be arresting a quarter of the city.

Animal Welfare van also shows up ready to haul mom's dog away. I again try to get the dog to drink again but he's not thirsty. They say he's cute. Talk talk talk. My entree probably arrived a half hour forty minutes ago and is cold by now. Lights are giving me a headache. They talk and take my info. Animal Welfare woman says to me she's sorry there are some crazy animal people out there. I say that the call was probably out of good intentions, that dogs do die from stupidity, and they are good for doing their job and checking up on this.

I go back into restaurant and gulp down my untouched plate. I explain to mom that the same crazy nanny-state mentality she is applauding on the radio is the same mentality that will steal her precious baby(and me too).

As we leave I look over hard into the bushes outside the restaurant where we were sitting. Some blob-woman-thing says "s**t" and stumbles out cell phone in hand and runs to her car to drive away fast. She was filming us eating, probably to put on Youtube or some internet website.
It wasn't about animal welfare. It was about people control.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4501 (permalink)
You do not have permissi

(srry about rant. People with good intentions but no common sense trying to get me arrested tends to bring that out. I'm the only one bringing ice to the dog park on hot days.)

After a walk, we need to select only a special special bouquet of dihydrogen monoxide or it's nothing at all.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4502 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
The DOG thread

1978 911SC Targa
Working Projects: 1968 912
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4503 (permalink)
Registered ConfUser

New to our family today...

Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4504 (permalink)
Thread Killer

Cute! Is that a Basset Hound?
Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4505 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: