Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 3.05 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
G'day!

Garage
Border Collies are so damn smart! Love watching some that are trained so well too! Fantastic work!

Old 02-04-2019, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4681 (permalink)
I'm with Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Awww...what a cutie, Jim. Hi Lucy! Sounds like she has my Billabong's personality. Rough start in life and hard for them to shake that aggression.
She does not have an aggressive bone in her body, she is always in happy mode. She cannot understand when another dog is aggressive towards her, she cannot read other dogs well, one can snap at her and growl to let her know to back off and give them space, she will keep coming at them thinking it is a form of playing.

She is getting better finally, at first we were afraid she was going to get mauled because of it.

We have been quietly looking for another rescue. We fostered 2 dogs prior to Lucy and both were bad fits for us, the second one was psycho and should have never been placed in a home, it decided my wife was its asset. It would attack my son and I unprovoked. We had to give that one back to the rescue, who had a lot of problems with it attacking people.

We have not met one yet we feel will fit with us, our plan is to foster them for a week and see if we get a good fit.
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black Betty
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 02-05-2019, 03:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4682 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Jim, that is how my brindle pup is. He is total goofball, always wants to play, thinks the only reason someone would leave their house in the morning is to see him. Problem is the dog is giant sized, so he towers over other animals, dogs, ponies, small horses. This apparently gets them thinking he is trying to play the dominance card. He still jumps, but does not jump on people now. He sort of hops straight up in the air, and he gets 4-5 feet off the ground, which puts his head higher than the average professional basketball player. Sort of startling.

You work with them and they get better.

Kinky Friedman
Old 02-05-2019, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4683 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Hey let's go herd that Skunk over there they said....it would be fun they said.......

Old 02-05-2019, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4684 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey let's go herd that Skunk over there they said....it would be fun they said.......

Ha, Ha! Too funny !!
Old 02-05-2019, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4685 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
Quote:

Do ohh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1978 911SC Targa
Working Projects: 1968 912
Old 02-07-2019, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4686 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
Wow!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unexpected/comments/ao7ekx/sad_but_aww_commercial/?st=JRVMAAZL&sh=0cba3ec9

1978 911SC Targa
Old 02-07-2019, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4687 (permalink)

Garage
Here ya go Baz, teach the girls to do this rather than attempt to roll a skunk. Although you may need to drive a few hours to get to snow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalTextGifs/comments/aoa71d/im_making_my_own_ball/?st=JRVMHKG5&sh=b52de1bc

1978 911SC Targa
Old 02-07-2019, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4688 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugstrider View Post
Here ya go Baz, teach the girls to do this rather than attempt to roll a skunk. Although you may need to drive a few hours to get to snow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalTextGifs/comments/aoa71d/im_making_my_own_ball/?st=JRVMHKG5&sh=b52de1bc
So agile aren't they, Bugs? Look at him backing up....

Old 02-10-2019, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4689 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
Two Australian Cattle Dogs on TWD tonight. One red and one blue.......

Old 02-10-2019, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4690 (permalink)

Old 02-11-2019, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4691 (permalink)
G'day!

Garage
To go with my post (#4690) above, a short video clip I shot last night during the Talking Dead's segment on the dog scene with Negan.

I was excited to see Australian Cattle Dogs featured in the show!

Old 02-11-2019, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4692 (permalink)

I'm with Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobra View Post
Jim, that is how my brindle pup is. He is total goofball, always wants to play, thinks the only reason someone would leave their house in the morning is to see him. Problem is the dog is giant sized, so he towers over other animals, dogs, ponies, small horses. This apparently gets them thinking he is trying to play the dominance card. He still jumps, but does not jump on people now. He sort of hops straight up in the air, and he gets 4-5 feet off the ground, which puts his head higher than the average professional basketball player. Sort of startling.

You work with them and they get better.
She is coming along nicely, albeit slowly. After having her a little over 2 years we finally feel like she is bonding, like she finally gets we are her humans. Not sure what her deal was before we adopted her, she would gladly walk away with any stranger and never look back at us and probably never miss us either.

My wife has this wild hair now, she wants to rescue an older dog, we are being vetted right now by a rescue who has a 8 year old dog (I have no idea if its a mutt or a breed) the prior owners were in their 90's and had to go into a home, the could could not come.

We hope to meet the dog (again I am kind of out of the loop here) this week and hope to adopt Friday.

My wife wants to keep giving great lives to older dogs. I barely recovered my putting down my Lab, not sure what I think of this to be honest. I agree with my wife it is a great thing to do, just not sure of I am going to enjoy this. I means I will enjoy the dog immensely. The saying goodbye sucks.
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black Betty
2014 BMW i3 Giga World
Old 02-11-2019, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4693 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
My Golden, Pepper is a fantastic dog!!!

Fell asleep watching TV this evening. She woke me up. Felt groggy and a little dizzy. Prancing, she led me to the bathroom where the blood sugar meter is. Checked and was low. Gave her her favorite treat a Milk Bone dental chew and had a snack myself. Hadn't eaten dinner before i fell asleep. So thrilled! What a great dog!

Have never discouraged her when she wakes me. Praise her and give her favorite treat if my sugar is low. She only woke me if she needed outside. When I wake and felt like my sugar was low would have her get up and go with me to the bathroom where I keep my meter. The give her a treat. After only a couple of times she woke me instead of me waking myself. This is the 5th time she has waken me with my sugar low. It's the second time that she has led me to the meter.

Have been studying up on how to train her to be a Diabetic Alert Dog. If I am awake I can feel when my sugar is getting low. The problem is when I am asleep or fall asleep when my sugar starts dropping. So far she is doing GREAT!

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 02-16-2019 at 10:58 PM..
Old 02-16-2019, 10:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4694 (permalink)
The Stick

Garage
My first Golden, Penny, lived 17-1/2 years. She went everywhere with me. And I mean everywhere. Treated her like she was my guide dog. Nobody minded because she was trained as well as any guide dog. She even ignore everyone else and wouldn't even take treats from them unless I said, Okay. Used to fly R/C planes and she was the only dog the guys would let come to the flying field. She would lay a foot behind me while I was flying my plane. They said it was because of her invisible leash, but I think it was because she would fetch beers out of the ice chests in the back of their trucks when asked. She even knew whose truck was whose.

Was really broken up when had to put her to sleep, old age internal organ failures. But did not want her to go thru pain, surgeries, etc just to keep her with me a couple more months. Basically cried anytime I thought about her for the next couple of days. Even today it still gets to me.

After 3 months without Penny could not handle it any more so got another Golden. This one, Camber was not as smart as Penny. She did mind well. But, also had my Mom living with me and she quickly became her dog instead of mine. Slept in Mom's room, asked Mom to go in and out, etc. Couldn't take her places like Penny because she just didn't mind as well. At 13 had to put her, Camber not my Mom down because of cancer on her spine.

Mom was going thru the later stages of dementia. When Camber passed Mom immediately got super withdrawn, went to bed and refused to get up or communicate. So, the very next day found another Golden puppy. Made Mom get up, go with me, and pick out the puppy. Rode back home with the puppy in Mom' lap. The same as we had done with Camber.

Having the 6 week old puppy had a absolutely amazing effect on Mom. She remembered how to and did things she hadn't done in 5 years. She got up in the mornings and started fixing her own meals again (mainly so she could feed the puppy from her plate). She even remembered what days her hair appointment was and got up and got ready. Before the puppy I had to struggle to get her up and ready in time to go and then she would ask where we were going 4 times in the 5 miles to the beauty shop.

Sadly a year after getting the Camber Mom passed. It was early morning and I was asleep, Camber woke me up and led me to her laying on the floor and licked her face. Sadly it was too late for cpr to do any good.

That is the Golden, Pepper I have now.

Last edited by RKDinOKC; 02-16-2019 at 11:49 PM..
Old 02-16-2019, 11:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4695 (permalink)
Registered ConfUser

1954 BMW R25/3
Old 02-17-2019, 04:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4696 (permalink)

Garage
14 months old now and loves the snow, turning into a great dog

1994 Toyota 4Runner Gen 2
Old 02-19-2019, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4697 (permalink)

We just keep one little lap dog now...

Old 02-19-2019, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4698 (permalink)
You do not have permissi

Old 02-23-2019, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4699 (permalink)

WHO's The Boss???

Old 02-24-2019, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4700 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: